31 coaches online • Server time: 13:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Late game fouling ok?
Kill and maim as much as possible, this is BloodBowl
48%
 48%  [ 78 ]
The other player has feelings too, he might cry if a gif icon went to the injury box, dont foul!!
51%
 51%  [ 84 ]
Total Votes : 162

MacLeod

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

We know why brownrob! You as the coach of Wuhan's Fouling Academy needs to weigh in on this, leading with the spiked elbow pad.heheheh

Mac

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I played a ranked game vs. a human team with my WE. His tactic was to stall + foul from the beginning of 2nd half. As he said it gave him an advantage to foul every turn because he could afford to get a player sent off. This is a perfect legitimate strategy, however I don't find this kind of play entertaining, so I won't play him again. His choise - my choise - no problem. Same thing with T8 fouling.
Kruppe

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

ohhh my,

I stated my opinion on last turn fouling.

I stated that I did it in a game recently, where me and my opponent fouled eachother once.

I stated that in my RL league the more mayhem the merrier.

I even made it a poll, cause I sincerely believed that what my opponent was telling me couldnt be true, now I know otherwise.

Several people apparently put me on their "do not play" list.

Well I am a noob, I have new teams and most of them are shitty, please look at the number of casualties I inflict. The evil deed I commited which made me post this poll, was fouling with my feared wood elf team once!!!. My opponent had a turn left and stronger position on the field, I fully expected him to foul back which he did nad therefore didnt cheat him of anything.

And lastly I am not out to create enemies, I just disagree, but at the same time I said I would conform to the "rules"

And please dont call me a troll or whatever the lingo is, if a lot of post are aimed at me, I beleive I am entitled to defend my position no matter if some of you wish I would just shut up.

Peace Kruppe
MacLeod

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Slow down Kruppe...your opponent had a turn left, so if he wanted to reciprocate to your foul, he could have. Your foul on turn 8 of the second half is no big deal...however, had your opponent fouled you on his turn eight, without the provocation of your fould on your turn eight, that's where most people have a problem.

That's it in a nutshell
Mac

Post   Posted: May 04, 2004 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I love everybody here, even the sissies Smile
Kenty

Post   Posted: May 04, 2004 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

The Evangelists fouled (and killed) my 63 spp Ogre late in our game (turn 7) when I had no chance of stopping him from scoring the game winner. I started calling him names.... not because I was so worried about losing the ogre... I just wanted to make him foul me again and potentially not score the game winner. Didn't work though... Aequitas scored me anyway. Smile
Renegade

Post   Posted: May 04, 2004 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I foul on turn 8 of every game. Why not? I'm hardly going to miss the player that gets sent off!

If you have a problem with that, speak to my agent...
Grod

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2017 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

T16 fouling is almost never ok imho.

Oscar Wilde
Danish_Dan

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2017 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Turn 16 fouling in a league is definitely okay. In black box/ranked it's a bit m'eh.
In a tournament it's just kind of a dick move. Better to have lost to the champ no?

Of course, fouling the rest of the game is fine, and strategic fouling should be encouraged.
Endzone

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2017 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I like declaring a foul on T16, getting loads of assists, taking a big run up and then not doing it! Often gets a chuckle from my opponent.
tussock

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2017 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Not fouling T16 shows a lack of respect to your opponent, plain and simple. There is after all a badge for killing someone with a T16 foul, and most of my teams don't even have it yet. Now if everyone would just agree with me there's also a badge for getting everyone to agree about T16 fouling, and I would quite like that one too!

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2017 - 13:28
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I'm going to declare necromancing 5year+ threads a foul in turn 30.
Stop it Grod.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2017 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd foul twice in T16 if I could! I foul you 3 times, Kruppe! Razz

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2017 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Endzone wrote:
I like declaring a foul on T16, getting loads of assists, taking a big run up and then not doing it! Often gets a chuckle from my opponent.

"Mercy" in Mortal Kombat came to mind.
XD
 Jump to: