11 coaches online • Server time: 03:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pubstar

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2015 - 00:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey all.

First, sorry if this isn't the right forum. I didn't see a forum specifically for chat issues.

The problem: When I try to connect to the chat through the site's chat link, the blue interface comes up, but I get the following message:

Unable to connect : java.security.AccessControlException : access denied ("java.net.SocketPermission" "78.66.212.6:6667" "connect,resolve")

That's nonsense to me. Can anybody help?

Thanks!

mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2015 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I've raised this point several times but Java Security prevents the plug in from loading because it realizes there's a domain mismatch between where the applet is being hosted and where it points to the IRC somewhere along the way.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2015 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

As mrt said, the browser chat is blocked for some technical security reason or other. The solution is to get an actual IRC client. Chatzilla (for Firefox), mIRC, mibbit and Hydra IRC are the most commonly used.

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2015 - 01:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Ugggggggh

I've never had a chat client I liked outside of the Fumbbl browser client. Guess I'm out of luck.

Thanks for your assistance, lads!

mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2015 - 01:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Just use Hexchat like me, it even allows you to automatically replace words. Ive changed a lot of curse words to nuffle and variations of nuffle. Okay, that's probably not a key feature for you but i like that when you connect to #FumbblBox activate Box and get a game Bowlbot will put your name in chat and the window flashes letting you know you have a match if your IRC name and coach name are identical.

I know, I know, thats probably tiny tates but I appreciate it. Every time I've had IRC open I haven't kept an opponent waiting.
pubstar

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2015 - 01:17 Reply with quote Back to top

The thing I dislike about IRC clients is that they're messy. mIRC has like 50 buttons on its interface, and they're icons, so idk what any of them do.

albinv

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2015 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

xchat has a pretty simple interface.
happygrue

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2015 - 01:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I use Quassel which I like over the others mentioned here, though it's not perfect. I used Chatzilla and also Opera's built in IRC client for a while. I would try those if you haven't. I stopped using Opera after falling fully for Chrome, but it is (or at least was) a great browser with simple IRC support built in.

EDIT: Quassel has a nice interface that I find easy to use, but it's also not really trying to be beginner friendly, so your mileage (er, kilometerage?) may vary.

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2015 - 01:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Have you tried this.

Just click.

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2015 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Have you tried this.

Just click.

That's a great link, thanks!

I found This One, too!

Once you join you can type /join #<desired channel>
..to join another channel, other than the main CHannel (#FUMBBL)
eg.

/join #FumbblMajors
 Jump to: