44 coaches online • Server time: 11:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2015 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't check this time, but at the end of R6, I will. Smile
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2015 - 03:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Joemanji wrote:
Team Waterbowl :

Joemanji 2 pts
Podfrey 2 pts
Sizzler 2 pts
Purplegoo 2 pts
Leipziger_Waterbowl 1 pt
mubo -1 pt (due to a much delayed flight - boo!)

Total = 8 points

Can you please use recognizable names?

I have been scowering all three groups for this supposed matchwinner Podfrey but couldn't find as much as a pod or a pot... well ok there was one pot but it was just in the middle of some name...
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2015 - 08:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Depends what you term 'recognisable'. Smile

He's still Lucifer here.
bobafettsmum

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2015 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Legends In There Own Lunchtime
Round 1 Scores:

Blocknroll 2
Radster 2
Bobafettsmum 1
Dalfort 1
Lemf 2 (forfeit)
Russo (Wasn't scheduled a match)

Total = 7 points

EDITED. I thought Lemf had lost but it turns out he was awarded the points from a forfeit.

Last edited by bobafettsmum on %b %26, %2015 - %12:%Aug; edited 2 times in total
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2015 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Still working on it but there...
https://fumbbl.com/p/notes?op=view&id=2094

If somebody could help me with the BB code and find me in the IRC I'd appreciate that.

Was a bit of a bother to find all the coaches true names...
The ones still listed undefined are all found but don't seem to have a team in the tournament.

Would require confirmation from the groups.
Also you can check if your group is listed correctly otherwise.

There was no way for me to retrieve the coachnames by hand since the groups weren't listed anywhere in a clean style so that part was done by hand and is susceptible to mistakes.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2015 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

bobba, since you're here, can you tell me whats the situation with Russo?

He does not seem to be part of the tournament.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2015 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Russo was not drawn with an opponent in the first round. It is unclear as to whether this was a mistake he made with his application or a gremlin in the system, but either way, he didn't get a game last week. The staff have been on top of it since last Wednesday (and have been in constant touch with Russo), and it's very likely he'll be playing from this round onwards. It isn't uncommon to get game one dropouts, so I'm surprised it's taken this long to sub him in.

The script and output looks good, thanks for putting the time in. Not unsurprisingly, not every coach that told their captain they were going to play made the start line, and NAF nicknames are not always the same as FUMBBL names. From a manual scoring point of view, this isn't an issue, but it might be a barrier for what you're trying to do. If you want to keep at it then great!
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2015 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
The script and output looks good, thanks for putting the time in. Not unsurprisingly, not every coach that told their captain they were going to play made the start line, and NAF nicknames are not always the same as FUMBBL names. From a manual scoring point of view, this isn't an issue, but it might be a barrier for what you're trying to do. If you want to keep at it then great!

I tried my best to make it as customizable as possible.
All that is missing is a form to enter input. And for the future if a GM wants to use the script I'll add it and he can just enter the coach names himself.

If that is interesting to one of you just let me know and I'll send you what you need to run the script.

I don't think it makes really sense to include it in the BFE extension but maybe I'll do a group manager script at one point.

I'm not sure how far this is compatible with what Shraag is doing. Best thing would be to give it to him. The result is very similar but his scripts are working server side so I can't really look into them. I'm suspecting he's probably using Phyton or something the like and the way I've been doing things would probably not work for him.
Luohghcra

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2015 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I do like what you've done though, Wreckage. Nice one

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2015 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

looks like the total scores calculated from the script are incorrect sometimes though.

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2015 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

You only add up the best 4 scores... is the script doing that?

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2015 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:
You only add up the best 4 scores... is the script doing that?

Yes it does... more likely Lauth isn't calculating it right Razz Point me to an inaccurate one to proof me otherwise.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2015 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

It's the best four coaches overall, not the best four scores in each round, right?

Nice job Wreckage, thanks! Smile
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2015 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a strong WIP.

OP now up to date with all of R1 - thanks captains. I shall do some R2 picks tomorrow, any outstanding outstanding games you'd like to see covered?
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2015 - 01:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
It's a strong WIP.

OP now up to date with all of R1 - thanks captains. I shall do some R2 picks tomorrow, any outstanding outstanding games you'd like to see covered?

I may be adding more things, but not sure what else you want it to do.
It's your page of course but feel free to link it in the info/entry page of this thread.

I doubt many people will find the link otherwise.

https://fumbbl.com/p/notes?op=view&id=2094
 Jump to: