49 coaches online • Server time: 16:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ThePuritan

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2015 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi everyone. New player here, and as is tradition, I'm armed with what is probably a pretty stupid question.

I've built an Orc team. When I submitted for approval I checked them like I was supposed to, but I've still managed to overlook the fact I've accidentally given two of them the same name. I've been trying to change the name of one of them and can't find the option.

That's annoying to me anyway, but also it seems like it falls foul of the naming policy. If I can't change the name, does that mean I have to sack one of the players (maddeningly they've both levelled up and I bought a Troll to kill my treasury before I noticed.)
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2015 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

You can ask an admin nicely with a ticket. Then they'll change it for you, depending on their mood. Whether they'll change it to what you wanted or something else entirely again depends on their mood. =)

help -> support -> team problems I guess would be the place.

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2015 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you very much for that mate.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2015 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't worry to much about the rules policy. Obviously you've made a mistake and not realised. Nobody would report you for that and the admins wouldn't pull you up for it. The rule is intellectually maintained. If you're ok with it, just continue as you were.
Khor_Varik

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2015 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

You also can wait for one of these players (or both) to get killed, it will solve your problem too.
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2015 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Khor_Varik wrote:
You also can wait for one of these players (or both) to get killed, it will solve your problem too.

Dr. Chaos is your physician of preference for your particular case. Contact the NBBHS - National BloodBowl Health Service representative closer to your place for a free evaluation and treatment planning.

We recommend (but it's absolutely at your discretion) ApoFail®, a solution to all injuries since 2006.

mdd31

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2015 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
I wouldn't worry to much about the rules policy. Obviously you've made a mistake and not realised. Nobody would report you for that and the admins wouldn't pull you up for it. The rule is intellectually maintained. If you're ok with it, just continue as you were.

Yes I don't think the names rule is too strictly enforced so I wouldn't worry about it and like someone said eventually one or both of them will die!

The other day I played a team with a player named b and another player named a and another player named c, etc. My team is Nurgle and I killed the b player so now I am stuck with him on my team...hopefully he will die soon.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2015 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

If you ask as nicely and humbly as you did in this post, I'm pretty optimistic some admin will do you the favor. Smile

You could even go with the mistake and ask them to just add some nickname, so they can be distinguished easily. It's not like names are not commonly given to several people at the same time. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2015 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

i can see it being annoying on a themed team, nice play on board walk there Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2015 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
If you ask as nicely and humbly as you did in this post, I'm pretty optimistic some admin will do you the favor. Smile

It's not a favour. If he points it out to an admin, an admin will change it as it is breaking a site rule. The point is whether it's worth pointing it out or not. An Admin would look at the team and realise it's a clerical mistake rather than a rule breach so would let it slide. However if pointed out, he'd be obliged to change it. What it'd be changed to though, you may have no control over. That would be admin discretion, as it's him who'd have to do the work.

Personally, the less work you give staff the less quickly they'll get burnt out with dealing with crap. So unless you cannot live with it, do nothing.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2015 - 14:32
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Has this already been done? I can't see a problem with it now.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
pythrr

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2015 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Khor_Varik wrote:

with a simple double naming, this.

give one LOS duty Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2015 - 16:22
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Simple get in touch with a staff member and it's easily fixed. Preferably on IRC for something non-critical like this, but a ticket works as well.
 Jump to: