43 coaches online • Server time: 14:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2016 - 09:04 Reply with quote Back to top

The NA group was our fastest in round one! It's my current favourite. Smile

Important - if your game was effected by the recent site hiccup and won't upload (as per the above example), you can try reloading it and then seeing if it will upload naturally. If it doesn't, please fill in a support ticket as per the normal FUMBBL procedure. The last resort is the staff forfeiting the game as you instruct us, but that is messier and the TD / CAS aren't correct.

Other than that, it's Friday! Lots of NAF action is scheduled for the weekend, enjoy yourselves! Very Happy
Doofr

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2016 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I have no answer to pm from my opponent since 2 days, which commish should have join to my pm?

You purplegoo? Easilyamused ?

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2016 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

If you look next to your qualifier, where the fixtures are drawn, it tells you who to contact.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2016 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Exactly. In your case, easilyamused. Copy him in on the PM you have sent your opponent.
Doofr

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2016 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok thanks.

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2016 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Wreckage for the great page to track progress! I particularly like that the overall tier of teams on your team is calculated.

A note to 'goo and other thinkers of NAF tournaments: I also REALLY think this tiebreaker format is great as it gives a nice incentive to try a variety of teams.

As of the time of this posting there are 3 teams at 12 points and 4 at 11 points, and it seems totally fair to me that they are sorted by overall tiers of the of the component teams. I think it's a great twist!

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2016 - 08:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Guess who's idea it was to begin with..? Wink

Whilst we can't do tiered rulesets, I do like it as well.

It's tight at the top, isn't it? Everything to play for...
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2016 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Updates will now happen in frequent 10 minute intervals. This will probably not happen at night and might break down for any number of reasons during the day but should give you a good opportunity to see changes very shortly after you have played.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2016 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Lovely stuff, ta. Smile

We're into the home straight now, a little over two days to go. If it looks like your game is in danger, ensure your staff member is in the loop!
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2016 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Jack the Uber is a bit of a conundrum to me. They got 8 points round 1 and now they are still stuck on the same score with 2 days to go and almost all games unplayed.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2016 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sure they've either got it in hand or the staff know. Wink
happygrue

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2016 - 03:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
Guess who's idea it was to begin with..? Wink

Maybe I'm biased. Very Happy

But I think it works particularly well for a team of teams.

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2016 - 08:28 Reply with quote Back to top

It's deadline day!

Get those games played, or get those admins PM'd! Let's try to do at least as well as last round! Smile
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2016 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

We are pushing into round three! The below is a copy / paste of the R3 group PM (Euro vintage), good luck, all!

Hi guys!

Please continue not to reply to this PM, instead use the forum for all discussion.

Round two is coming to an end, and it has been another cracker. A couple of games are just finishing up, and then we will be into game three across all of the groups. Once again, many thanks for the excellent game completion rate, we will probably clear 65 or 66 games played. Well done all!

The live scores at time of writing are super close. Currently, the Waterbowl Eurofriends and Six Pistols hold the top two, automatic qualification spots, but ten (ten!) teams are within one win of the lead. Round three is where things began to settle out in the World Cup Warm Up, will that be true here, I wonder?

Round 3 ends on Monday night, 25th April at 22:00 server time.

Good luck, and keep pushing!

Phil.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2016 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

We're into day two of round three. Let's keep up the brilliant pace and get those games locked in! Very Happy
 Jump to: