22 coaches online • Server time: 03:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2016 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Please post your Secret League match reports here.

Let us know how the teams handle as well as your boasting, bragging and trash talking.

Secret League

Old Word Rookie Rumble

Last edited by koadah on May 20, 2017 - 13:04; edited 1 time in total
jdm

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2016 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Very close game between CastleMan's Were team and my Ogres sees the Were team take it in overtime. As usual in an ogre game, lot's of cas on both sides. Worth a watch if anyone wants to see an LRB team vs a SL team.

CastleMan said he thought he was done at halftime when the ogres stole his drive and caused the cas but with 2 ogre cas in the book (1 I apothed), a combination of bonehead and CM seeing the gaps he was able to get the 2-1 win in OT.

A bit of an extreme match up as most teams would struggle against 6 st5 players so hard to give too much feedback on the were roster. Luckily the ag4 linemen were able to get away most of the time. CM only started with one werewolf and an apoth so different to the suggested build but the apoth was handy vs my mb.

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2016 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Better luck for me in Royal Rookie Rumble I, as the Mouse Guard Pygmies took on Khan-Amil's Emsk Racing Club Four Nations. Game link here

My first game with the pygmies and they played very similar to how I imagine wood elves do, another team I've never used. Lots of risky 2+ dodges, lots of hand offs, going for the fast score because you can't risk taking too many casualties or losing possession.

The pygmies ended the first half with 3 badly hurt and a KO. And ended the game with another BH too. Really felt like I had to get as many scores on the board as I could before the team disappeared. Which is a good strategy but I hate to think how they'll fare against a mass tackle or, even worse, a mass tentacle side.

Pygmies win 3-2, and some filthy skill rolls gives me a block blitzer and an ag 5 thrower. Next round, mass dirty player hobgoblins or st4 tentacles in a dryad team. Please take out each other Smile

Last edited by jdm on Jul 02, 2016 - 18:56; edited 1 time in total
Khan-amil

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2016 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

4 nations are fun to play with, really different from te others, I suspect I'll end up using a lot of skills I seldom consider for other teams, mass dump-off is really mind changing.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2016 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

awesome work. I'm guessing you want those willow dryads dismembered Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2016 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

glad you enjoyed them Khan-amil Smile
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2016 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

jdmickleburgh wrote:
Next round, mass dirty player hobgoblins or st4 tentacles in a dryad team.

Silver linings, if I make it:

I will endeavor to foul, because it is what the team does, but fouling is not really in my nature. In my time on FUMBBL, I've been out-fouled by a margin of 1505 to 211.

Also, my most-played team ever is a pygmy team! How can I bear to hurt my diminutive brothers and sisters?

(I mean, sure, I'll try.)

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2016 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Khan-amil wrote:
4 nations are fun to play with, really different from te others, I suspect I'll end up using a lot of skills I seldom consider for other teams, mass dump-off is really mind changing.

Not really, with AG 3, no Pass and Catch just on Full Back and Wings.
They are a team worse than Humans (and Humans are not top tier 1) because the Forwards lack Block, they have the Slann Blitzer syndrome.
Also, the team lacks fast players, only two MA 7 players are not enough for a pseudo - Human team.
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2016 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Four Nations are some of the most fun I have had for a looooooooong time. I love 'em.

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2016 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
awesome work. I'm guessing you want those willow dryads dismembered Very Happy

If you're offering to make some last minute changes to the willow dryads, I wouldn't hold you back *push push*

DrPoods wrote:
Four Nations are some of the most fun I have had for a looooooooong time. I love 'em.

Agree, they're a blast. I've only had 7 games with them, and stopped due to them not being stunty, but they give really interesting possibilities for builds. Do you tailor around dump off with pass and catch? Give your ball carrier pass and maybe wrestle? What do you do about hypno gaze (which wrecked me in a couple of games). I fear they'll go down the same path as other teams (because it's so efficient and good) but I'd love to see people building towards dump off/NoS

As Matt says, they're not a top team but not everything needs to be.

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2016 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

4 nations are very weak, they can not breack any strong line (treemen) and are masacred by hypnogaze or disturbing presence:P
i like them but are tier 25
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2016 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

jdmickleburgh wrote:
Do you tailor around dump off with pass and catch? Give your ball carrier pass and maybe wrestle? What do you do about hypno gaze (which wrecked me in a couple of games). I fear they'll go down the same path as other teams (because it's so efficient and good) but I'd love to see people building towards dump off/NoS

Giving the ball carrier Wrestle is not a great choice, and Pass with AG 3 is not great either.

Yes, I think that they will going down the usual route, the problem is, without starting Block, any Forward build will be terribly delayed.
Building towards Dump Off/NoS is not efficient, too many skills for a marginal use of them, and, given that the team desperately lacks Block and Sure Hands, (not to mention MA and AG), you can't mess with more gimmick skills.
A very poorly designed roster.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2016 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Lol Matt you are silly. Not everyone plays for the same reason as you. Two people above have both said they are loads of FUN. Also not everything has to be top tier which is something you seem to have real problems understanding there are different ability levels in each race and thank God for that. If there weren't tiers this game would have died for me years and years ago. Also their win percentage is 55% ish so not bad.

Jdmickel it's early days and rosters are in lock down at the moment after a couple of months some changes may be made here and there.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2016 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Not everybody has the same awareness of the game and some people just don't care about winning, they are just interested in moving players on the pitch and messing around with gimmick skills or just having an excuse to write fluff about their team.
If we consider the opinions of people not interested in balanced teams or in winning then we can skip the playtest process already, we could even assign random prices to players and re-rolls, after all, teams are not meant to be balanced.
We should take as a signal the fact that some teams are way less represented than others, because generally people don't like to lose, hence they play the best teams.
Why in the Box Slann are not a common played team?
Why Nurgle is one of the most popular teams?
Why this happens?
Because one team is way weaker than the other and this affects negatively the variety.
Not considering this is a big mistake.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2016 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

It has all been considered Matt. As I have told you countless times already. If they under perform they will be buffed but we need time. Please stop with all the negativity all the time. Have fun play testing then in a couple of months time we will review the teams Smile