48 coaches online • Server time: 23:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2016 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think it's been mentioned here yet, though with 3 or more threads, I might have missed it. Anyway, spending petty cash for inducements no longer adds to TV. So: a 1250 TV team plays a 1000 TV team. 1250 spends 50 to get a Keg. 1000 still only gets 250 of free inducement cash.

And similarly, spending as lower TV doesn't change the TV, so in that same situation, the 1000 TV team could spend 300k and would still get 250k of free inducement money as well, with the 1250 TV team receiving no free inducements.

Unless I'm misreading something, of course...

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2016 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I've mentioned it in two of the other threads XD

Yeah, no petty cash. Which makes re-drafting and expensive mistakes (essentially the bank rule) not so much just "penalties" as qualitative controls.

Now of course you might think "but hang on, the volume of money an elf team can stock without being hit by expensive mistakes is enough to get a wi.... Oh yes, now i see why he's not in the rulebook at the moment".

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2016 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I just saw your last post in one of them mention it. Glad to hear I wasn't missing something obvious.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2016 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:

Now of course you might think "but hang on, the volume of money an elf team can stock without being hit by expensive mistakes is enough to get a wi.... Oh yes, now i see why he's not in the rulebook at the moment".

That would be easily fixed by increasing the Wizard cost from 150,000 to 200,000.
The rule says if you got more than 100k in your Treasury you have to check.
150k > 100k, therefore the Elves risk to be hit by Expensive Mistakes with more than 100k in the Treasury.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %28, %2016 - %17:%Nov; edited 3 times in total
Uedder

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2016 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

That would be easily fixed by increasing the Wizard cost from 150,000 to 200,000.

Not really, keeping 250k in the bank leaves you safe to be able to hire a wiz even if you should get the maximum possible cash losses at that level (30k).
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2016 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Uedder wrote:
MattDakka wrote:

Not really, keeping 250k in the bank leaves you safe to be able to hire a wiz even if you should get the maximum possible cash losses at that level (30k).

Then 250k instead of 200k.
Uedder

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2016 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

[/quote]
Then 250k instead of 200k.[/quote]
My mistake, misread the "<" for a ">" Very Happy

200k would be a fair price.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2016 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Of course. That was a semi-serious statement made to get you thinking about how these new rules interact. They are a package-deal.

Of course, you could also just go look at Cyanide's BB2 to see how they "work" when you don't put them all in place, or have wild breakpoints for some of them.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2016 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

The rule says if you got more than 100k in your Treasury you have to check.

Here's how Expensive Mistakes work.