32 coaches online • Server time: 09:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2016 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
spubbbba wrote:
Uedder wrote:

For example a 1 skill Wood elf lineman is a good thing. With pro elf linemen tho, less so. Skaven is often autodp, and so forth down to zombies and rotters and goblins and flings and snots.

As an Undead coach I'd spam it on zombies and any ghoul or wight I want to skill up quickly. Once undead get to mid-TV you really want some zombies with dp or block and ideally guard. Mummies on the other hand only have guard as a good normal skill.

I do think 3 is a bit too much of a change, 6 would be better. That still avoids it going to stars and dead players but is less directed.

Or pick 3 who can't get it.

But largely this is just good for every roster, I don't see that dwarfs are necessarily more advantaged by it than any other team. Clearly some teams really work well with rule of 5 sytle stars and scrubs, and some work well with being able to get additional skills on their linemen. So it cuts both ways, if you want to throw the extra on your lineman to get him to 7 great, if you want to never throw the extra on your linemen to get them over 5 (or 15) also great.

The biggest winner is Lizardmen by a mile and low TV Woodies who could theoretically have two 16 spp wardancers 4 games into a season (Too many combos to list).
bghandras

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2016 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

And the odd slann blitzer also looks less helpless now. I would still not buy them, but now it is at least close.

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2016 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

The biggest winner...

Is any team that has valuable but hard to skill players.

There's a fair amount of those...

We are hearing from dwarf coaches how great this is for dwarfs...

Lizard coaches, how great it is for them...

Nurgz whiners, how terrible it is for everyone else...

It's a buff to everyone, it changes things up. I guess we will see if any team really is impacted that greatly compared to anyone else, but yeah, generally you'll see the studs and scrubs getting their studs out faster, and you'll see the value linemen spreading their skills out faster.

Should be fun.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2016 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
And the odd slann blitzer also looks less helpless now. I would still not buy them, but now it is at least close.

I was undecided about Slann Blitzers.
They are overpriced but they can have Block, Mighty Blow, Piling at 31 SPPs.
With PO gone they are not worth their price.
considering that a lineman rolling a double can take Mighty Blow and Block and costs the same as a rookie Slann Blitzer.
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2016 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro511 wrote:
I'm kinda stumped on which positionals to nominate on Dwarves. There's nothing I'm particularly desperate to skill up on them. Nothing as radical as getting Block on a Black Orc Blocker.

I mean getting Block on runners is important but that happens on their second TD of the season.

MB on the blitzers? Otherwise, just try to get the linemen to Guard, right? I think they might be one of the teams that doesn't benefit as much from the switch as well.

Probably slayers to tackle MB and Blockers to Guard MB. With PO gone in a way I don't really see what the role of Blitzers really are anymore. They are worse on the line that Blockers, worse Blitzers than slayers and worse at handling than Runners. And they start with less worthwhile skills than all of them.

Maybe when the team comes out they will be in line for a special skill?

DLE College 7s
Uedder

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2016 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Matthueycamo wrote:

Probably slayers to tackle MB and Blockers to Guard MB. With PO gone in a way I don't really see what the role of Blitzers really are anymore. They are worse on the line that Blockers, worse Blitzers than slayers and worse at handling than Runners. And they start with less worthwhile skills than all of them.

Maybe when the team comes out they will be in line for a special skill?

But they can do a little of everything. They're as fast as TS, but tough as Linemen and are AG3. They can punch, they can assist, they can ball and they can almost keep up with the flashy runner - those things are fast!

Edit: Slann Blitzer.

No value in a 7338 player with GAS access (also starting with JU and DT)? Blodgeguardstepfirm all mens!
I'm no good with Slann, but I can assure I've seen better some coaches turn those things into players worth their gold.

Last edited by Uedder on %b %29, %2016 - %19:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
Heff

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2016 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Dwarves getting buffed! God I hope not.
thoralf

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2016 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Every race is improved. The question is which are more than the others.

This is an empirical matter, and BB is unfair by design.

So the question is moot.

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2016 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I am sort of thinking more and more that Blitzers should get tackle and Blockers have it removed. I would also maybe give Blitzers stand firm as well for 100 or 110k. I love dwarves in all fantesy settings and I love Dwarf Blockers as they are but it feels kind of wrong to me that a 0-2 Blitzer positional is not a star of the show.

DLE College 7s
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2016 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

iz bollox and minmaxy

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2016 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Its good that mvp cant go to a dead guy or star anymore - otherwise Im inclined to agree with pythrr.
ramchop

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2016 - 23:01
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

uzkulak wrote:
Its good that mvp cant go to a dead guy or star anymore.

Completely disagree. That's one of the more entertaining aspects of the current system.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2016 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

ramchop wrote:
uzkulak wrote:
Its good that mvp cant go to a dead guy or star anymore.

Completely disagree. That's one of the more entertaining aspects of the current system.

In the company of friends in a league, yeah.

In a journeyman ridden Lizardmen roster in Box? I'd rather die.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2016 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Flesh golems, black orcs and nurgle warriors benefit hugely. Basically, anything that has GS access and doesn't usually score TDs too easily, really.
Similarly saurus, stormvermin, chaos warriors, slann blitzers, Ulfwereners and bull centaurs benefit a lot (though if you play them well, you already tend to score with them whenever you can).

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2016 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a good bet that more big guys will get used (and maybe cycled) as well. Especially Woodie trees I think.

Just pick your 3 as the 2 WDs and the Tree and you'll be happy in no time one imagines.

Of course the low AG GS guys as mentioned. But there are some teams where picking 3 isn't that easy, though for them it's more about finding the landing place for the next skill up than simply to stack spp on their (only) valuable players.
 Jump to: