47 coaches online • Server time: 17:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
The New Rulz are:
Exactly what I wanted and predicted
17%
 17%  [ 14 ]
A sign the GW is getting the Blood out of BB
13%
 13%  [ 11 ]
A bit better than a piece of pie
28%
 28%  [ 23 ]
The final nail in the coffin of my hopes in humanity
19%
 19%  [ 16 ]
Par for the course
20%
 20%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 81

thoralf

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2016 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello,

I have a box, Death Zone, and a tablet to make photographs.

I'm too excited right now so I'll simply tell you what I noticed when commuting here:

1. Piling On now belongs to Optional League Rules. [del]It does not stack with Claw and Mighty Blow anymore[/del]. (UPDATE: the errata seems to have buffed this.) I'm not sure about the "you can use a team re-roll to re-roll," though.

This first point argues in favor of NOT merging R and B, as we could exclude PO from R, and keep it in B.

2. Spiralling Expenses are back as an Optional League Rule.

3. League matches have a Draw Special Play Cards in the pre-game sequence which seems a bit different, but I'll need to re-read it.

4. There is a Prepare for Next Match step in the post-match sequence which includes an Expensive Mistakes step. This affects teams with treasuries of 200K and more. For instance, every team with 500K *will* lose money, with a 50% of losing ALL of their gold pieces.

5. In-between seasons have changed quite a bit. There is a Resolving Downtime section, which increases the risk of losing players that have played more than two seasons.

That's it for now. If you have questions, I'll be monitoring this thread this evening.

Last edited by thoralf on %b %26, %2016 - %18:%Nov; edited 4 times in total
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2016 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Psst. Read the errata. Wink

I think this text should get stickied somewhere so that the right information is in one place and it doesn't get confusing.
thoralf

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2016 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
I think this text should get stickied somewhere so that the right information is in one place and it doesn't get confusing.

That text is too confusing to clarify anything.

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2016 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a list of the changes, and it's complete, including errata.

I don't want to be that guy that posts in every thread, but Grod's just bumped another inaccurate one. It would be nice to not confuse the player base...
Grod

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2016 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Claw skill applies AFTER modifiers...

Oscar Wilde
Grod

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2016 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Look at the errata. The official one on bloodbowl.com

Oscar Wilde
Grod

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2016 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

And then eat your words!

Oscar Wilde

Last edited by Grod on %b %25, %2016 - %22:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2016 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm confused

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2016 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
It's a list of the changes, and it's complete, including errata.

It's far from being complete, and the things it states is only understandable because I have the rulz in front of me.

You want to unconfuse players, quote something official.

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2016 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
And then eat your words ;)

I'd rather correct them.

And lose the smilies, brother Grod. They don't become you.

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2016 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, I give up. It's been a long day of silliness on the Internet. I'm sure Christer will sort out an official post all in good time. Likely uncannily similar to Geggsters. Because it's right.

Grod, I misread something at the end of a long day. You wrote 'huge changes' after 'Claw', when of course, Claw has not changed. Nor does PO not stack with it, or MB. I'm mainly cross-eyed. Wink

I'm going to bed. Smile
thoralf

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2016 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
Oh, I give up. It's been a long day of silliness on the Internet.

That must explain all the winkies... ;-)

So here's the official wording, amended with the errata:

Quote:
NEW SKILL: Piling ON

This skill can be found in previous editions of Blood Bowl, but has been removed from the edition as it can lead to some very nasty combos. Some Commissioners will want it though... so here it is!

Piling On (Strength)

The player may use this skill after they have made a block as par of a Block or Blitz action, but only if they are currently standing adjacent to the victim and the victim was Knocked Down. You can use a team re-roll to re-roll the Armour roll or Injury roll; if the blocking player has the Loner skill, they must roll as normal to see whether they can use the re-roll. Then the Piling On player is Placed Prone in their own square - no Armour roll is made for them. Piling On does not cause a turnover unless the Piling On player is carrying the ball. Piling On cannot be used with the stab of Chainsaw skills.

My emphasis, first on the bit that clarifies Geggster's "Piling On moved to optional" and second to reflect the errata.

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2016 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I might as well clarify the OPTIONAL LEAGUE RULES section.

First, it follows a section called NEW OFFICIAL RULES.

Second, it is followed by a section called SKILLS.

Third, it introduces the section by saying that a League Commissioner (I like that the technical concepts are capitalized) may wish to tweak his league in many ways, like starting with more (or less) than 1000K and offering season prizes. Then follows a list of things they call some other variants you might wish to try out. That list includes:

- Piling On
- Spiralling Expenses
- Excluding some inducements in league play
- Free Fan Factor
- Adding free points to smaller divisions

This should clarify a bit more what "PO moved to optional" means - PO is out of the New Offical Rules and the official skills list. PO is now an optional league rule.

Make that what you will.

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2016 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

It's here too, if people don't want to log in to TFF: http://www.thenaf.net/2016/11/from-crp-to-bb2016/

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2016 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

You know this is really irritating to me. It took this long to put out a new boxed set & they couldn't even do that right. I mean just how hard is it to proof read, then proof read again & get things just right before making this big debut??? Already we have all this confusing errata to deal with. Not very good for brand new players to have to download PDF's & then figure out how to combine them w/ the rules in the boxed set, that are apparently not complete, & the rules in death zone season one. Season one? C'MON MAAAN! I'm already kinda regretting even ordering the new set/ DZ...

Jump to: