20 coaches online • Server time: 05:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Owiebowee

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2023 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm hoping to make random skills more interesting to take and see I can disable skills in a custom ruleset. Apologies if this is mentioned elsewhere, I did not see this in the user guide.

I assume disabling a certain skill removes the ability to acquire it from random skill rolls and disables teams from choosing these skills but does not affect positionals that start with them (e.g. Dark Elf Assassin will not lose Shadowing if I disable it).

Is my understanding correct? Thanks!
Gridironman

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2023 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, that should disable it, unfortunately, that will prevent players from accessing it as a chosen skill too. However, most likely blitzers will still have the block skill if you disable block as a skill in league. Therefore, you can artificially edit in skills and TV on a player by player basis in the league, but that would be a lot of admin overhead.

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2023 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I can confirm to this does not work with random skills. Disabling Arm Bar for example does not prevent players from rolling this skill unfortunately.

I feel like this would be a good addition to the skill settings of a custom ruleset though, and intuitively I would not have guessed that disabling a skill only disables picking it manually.
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2023 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh wow, it didn't work?

That seems weird. Christer?

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2023 - 09:23 Reply with quote Back to top

The admin can edit the skill out and perform a public random skill roll if you are discord based.