56 coaches online • Server time: 18:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Welcome Newcomers - ...goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post 1150 - OWA TT Tourna...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2016 - 21:20
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

My least favourite thing about those new team sets is that there's only one sculpt for each position

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2016 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
My least favourite thing about those new team sets is that there's only one sculpt for each position

Yupp, annoying.

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2016 - 02:03 Reply with quote Back to top

They're a business, and this is their plan to produce an expensive and tiny niche product like bloodbowl and also stay in business.

It involves cheaply produced blisters that in a pair make for a playable team of 12 with expansion via positional players and bigs to 16 as desired. Many of the extra players that result work in various other teams, so Unders and Pact get the spare Humans and Skaven, respectively.

It'll either sell well enough to make them a useful profit compared to the staff numbers they've thrown at it, or they won't even bother finishing the books and teams. So here's hoping it works, eh.

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2016 - 02:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't really care one way or the other whether it succeeds. I am happy with the lrb. I just want to be able to buy a team when they are selling one, not bits and pieces of an incomplete team I have to haggle with other people to supplement.
Ghoulguts

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2016 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Ghoulguts wrote:
Oh yeah, Dire Reapers went from three men to one.

You meant Dark Reapers, I guess.

Yeah Dark Reapers !
DrDeath

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2016 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

The other sneaky thing they did was enlarge the model scale, so only their miniatures would fit the new board. But although they look quite good that could really backfire. There are many other miniatures companies now which have made many excellent miniatures all in the old scale. I've spent several years painting up such teams - including old Citadel ones. Why the he'll would I want to buy a new team in a scale which doesn't match those I have? I'd imagine many players feel the same way, will be interesting if the scale switch happens amongst the general community
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2016 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Enlarging is no problem. Shrinking would be.

DLE College 7s
Raughri

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2016 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I've played on the new board with old models. It isn't really a problem.
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2016 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

but... do the WH models fit with the new BB models? can I make an orc team from a box of orcs, or a Norse team from a box of marauders...?

Grod

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2016 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

DrDeath wrote:
The other sneaky thing they did was enlarge the model scale, so only their miniatures would fit the new board...

That was the whole point of the new release? They are creating a new standard blood bowl size that makes older models obsolete, hoping that fans will start there collections again from the beginning. It is working to an extent as well, getting people excited over something that feels vaguely new when its just the old game with a larger scale and a few rule tweaks.

Interestingly, the best independent maker of Blood Bowl miniatures (in my opinion) is Willy Miniatures. They were sometimes criticised as being too large, but now they fit the new scale perfectly Smile

Oscar Wilde
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2016 - 00:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Something important to remember is that GW models have steadily got larger over the years. So the size increase is likely more to encourage us to buy 40k or Aos models to convert. Or maybe even get some people to buy BB models to use in other games.

The new skaven copy some parts from the clan rats and stormvermin exactly, making conversionsure much simpler.

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2016 - 00:52 Reply with quote Back to top

All new GW basic troops are using 32mm bases?

For experienced players, these new changes shouldn't pose any problems.
 Jump to: