57 coaches online • Server time: 15:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season 100!goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 22, 2017 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Aha. Again, yet to get my hands on the book. Good clarification.

Still, though. I think it might sound better than it is? But we'll see!
spelledaren

Post   Posted: May 22, 2017 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I really thought this was about FUMBBL staff, like shadow or Cloggy or something. But this was interesting too!

Post   Posted: May 22, 2017 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:

I was delighted to draw it, but I found it almost impossible to find 'the right time'.

I guess that the defending team's turn 7 is the right time, when the opponent is stalling.
Then part of the cage/ball carrier might be knocked down and the ball snatched.
If the ball carrier is not knocked down but a corner of the cage is hit then a blitz on the ball carrier might be possible (this is of course easier for agile teams).
With one turn left it's hard for the opponent to get the ball back.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 22, 2017 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps. It's not indefensible though, is it? If you are driving you'll be aware the inducement exists and can plan accordingly with a team at least 80 k better than the opposition (assuming it's being used in the old school, inducement way). Especially since it's going to be inaccurate? Dunno. Remains to be seen.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 22, 2017 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
Perhaps. It's not indefensible though, is it? If you are driving you'll be aware the inducement exists and can plan accordingly with a team at least 80 k better than the opposition (assuming it's being used in the old school, inducement way). Especially since it's going to be inaccurate? Dunno. Remains to be seen.

For sure you can cage differently knowing you might be hit by a fireball, but even the normal Wizard was known and still hard to deal with.
I think we can agree that stalling is a bit harder if there is the threat of a fireball, even if inaccurate.
Kondor

Post   Posted: May 22, 2017 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I like Silverwater. I will take her every game possible. On a score, interception, OR CAS ROLL roll a d6 and you might get an extra reroll. On a good game you will get all of the rerolls you could want and you don't need to injure anyone you only need to cause a CAS ROLL. Forget the wizard, take the cheerleader!

Find the cheerleader save the world....errr win the game.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: May 22, 2017 - 17:18
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
I like Silverwater. I will take her every game possible. On a score, interception, OR CAS ROLL roll a d6 and you might get an extra reroll. On a good game you will get all of the rerolls you could want and you don't need to injure anyone you only need to cause a CAS ROLL. Forget the wizard, take the cheerleader!

Ahem. That was 'causes a cas roll a d6.' You added an extra 'roll' in there. I've added a comma, for clarity Smile

Effectively it's each time you earn spps that isn't for a pass.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
finsterface

Post   Posted: May 22, 2017 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:

Well, if I understand properly, I think getting "all of the rerolls you could want", really depends on your desires and your definition of a "good game". It seems on average, you need 6 cas., interc. or touchdowns to even gain *one* rr and I'm not sure, whether that rr would count for 2nd half - *if* you managed to gain it in your 1st, at all. Confused

Edit: I guess, we have to put it into a proper perspective - so compared to one Bloodwiser-babe (same cost), I'm not sure which one is worth more.
Kondor

Post   Posted: May 22, 2017 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
Kondor wrote:

Ahem. That was 'causes a cas roll a d6.' You added an extra 'roll' in there. I've added a comma, for clarity Smile

Effectively it's each time you earn spps that isn't for a pass.

Wow. I read that incorrectly. I still like it.
pythrr

Post   Posted: May 22, 2017 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

WhERe is TeH PoLisH CoACh?

Post   Posted: May 22, 2017 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

@pythrr does that inducement cause the "turn notification sound effect" change from "bing" to "pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft"?
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: May 22, 2017 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

About the 'crap wizard': yes, of course we'll have to see how it plays out. Although, for the risk of hitting your own players, cages don't usually want to end their turn in contact, so there will often be a gap of 1 square between the cage and your own players. Also, if you aim it 1 square behind the ballcarrier, there would be less risk of catching your own players, but probably about the same chance of catching the b/c (because the chance is increased if the direction of scatter is towards them).

Basically, it's 40k per shot - to me it seems like better value than most 50k special play cards that I could draw.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: May 22, 2017 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Just ran some quick numbers. If the fireball is centered on the ballcarrier, inside a 3x3 cage with a player on each corner, I calculate the chance of bringing down at least 1 player to be 0.48. That doesn't include the risk of hitting your own players.

Chance of bringing down the b/c is 1/6.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
licker

Post   Posted: May 22, 2017 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I feel that the stupification of BB has begun (or continued for those who felt that way about CRP) with this rule set.

Not impressed, nor pleased with any of it. My feeling is the developers spent too much time playing Hearth Stone and the idiocy contained in that game has rubbed off on them.
Lorebass

Post   Posted: May 22, 2017 - 21:30
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

its perfect when an opposing team grabs a kickoff and immediately cages up!
 Jump to: