30 coaches online • Server time: 09:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ramchop

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2018 - 12:35
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I love these guys:

I don't think I've ever seen zombie #12 on the pitch, which is a shame. He's awesome.

One guy I have seen on the pitch a lot, is this guy
That's because there is only one human blitzer.

I know uniforms should perhaps be, umm, uniform. But I like a bit of variety on the pitch.

So after the fun I had with the khorne icons, I'm going to have a crack at expanding the current set so that each player on the pitch is unique.

Top priorities:

Image, Human blitzer expand from 1 to 4
Image, Human linemen expand to 6
Image, Amazon linewomen, expand to 6 (is this enough?)
Image, Chaos beastmen expand to 8
Image, Goblins, expand to 10
Image, High Elf linemen, expand to 6
Image, Khemri skeleton, expand to 6
Image Norse lineman, expand to 8
Image Skaven linerat, expand to 6
Image Underworld goblins, expand to 10
Image Thrall, expand to 10
Image Wood Elf lineman, expand to 8
Image Wood Elf catcher, expand to 4
Image Wood Elf lineman, expand to 2

Lower priority:

Image, Orc lineman, expand to 6
Image, Hobgoblin, expand to 6
Image Skaven thrower, expand to two.
Image, Dark Elf Assassin, expand to 2
Image, Dark Elf lineman, expand to 6
Image, Elf lineman, expand to 6
Image Wood Elf thrower, expand to 2

Please let me know if I've missed any, or if I have my numbers or priorities wrong.

Last edited by ramchop on Apr 17, 2018 - 12:53; edited 1 time in total
Harad

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2018 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

akaRenton used to field zombie 12 quite a lot.
Hard to know if your priorities are wrong without knowing what else is going on in your life Wink but if you have the time for this it would be a lovely contribution.
I think there's a typo at the end where you mean wood elf thrower. Unimportant but just to check,
Kondor

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2018 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Ramchop, I for one appreciate the work you have put into this and the other project. Thank you.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2018 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

the zombies kinda correspond to raised players too Smile

I was setting the x,y for raised zombies for necro team bios for a while.

There's (to my eye) - human lino, woodie lino, HE lino, Zon blitzer, zon catcher, froggie mans, dorf troll slayer.

Nurgz got the rat of course and the PE blitzer...

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2018 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Since we are talking about icons, I'm still waiting for the Orc Renegade to be added.
It's a shame considering the icon is ready.
cdwat

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2018 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

ramchop wrote:
icon stuff

Great stuff ramchop, good luck with the project.

MattDakka wrote:
Since we are talking about icons, I'm still waiting for the Orc Renegade to be added.

Is it not? I spec'd a game yesterday and I spotted one:
https://fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?replay=1059517

Bio template here.
Kondor

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2018 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

cdwat wrote:
ramchop wrote:
icon stuff

Great stuff ramchop, good luck with the project.

MattDakka wrote:

Is it not? I spec'd a game yesterday and I spotted one:
https://fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?replay=1059517

That is a league game. I think he would like it to be available in Ranked and the Box.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2018 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a Black Box Chaos Renegade team not ready, and when I select to buy a player no Orc Renegade is displayed on the menu.
Yes I'm talking about Black Box, for the record.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2018 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2018 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Love your work ramchop.

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2018 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Nick Kelsch made the V2 icons (aka the human blitzer). I saw an action shot of a human team he took as a demonstration and there was a second blitzer. I never managed to track it down though.

One of the problems (for me) is that the team from 2 years ago had definitely taken icon making a step further than before. Further than the V2 NK icons. Sadly none of them are making icons for the site now. So I feel there are techniques that have been lost for any new batch of icons.

One thing I had on the agenda for Khemri was to make the away kit a little more authentic. Change the dark blue to an Egyptian turqoise colour and to give extra contrast make the bone a aged dark cream/beige colour. I seem to remember doing some as a test.....

Like we did with HE, DE and Lizards you can think out of the box a little when it comes to home and away kits.

Last edited by harvestmouse on Apr 17, 2018 - 19:11; edited 1 time in total
gpope

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2018 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

ramchop wrote:
Image, Amazon linewomen, expand to 6 (is this enough?)

I would say they need 8 as much as norse, if not more. It's fairly rare for zon teams to carry more than 5 positionals (many of them only take the 4 blitzers, sometimes less for ultra lean teams) and they're squishy so they usually have a few extra linos to sub in as the casualties pile up.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2018 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

yo HM, how about you have a look at some of the custom icons people make for SL/CIBBL/BIBBL before saying "techniques that have been lost".

Yes, i understand, there's lot so talented guys no longer here, but less laments buddy!

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2018 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Think of the icons as 3 eras.

1. Pat era

2. Nick Kelsch era

3. Whatball era

With experience of the client and the icons available each took the available icons to a new revolutionary level using new techniques. A lot of the existing icons however are still from the NK era. So you're going back an era and trying to recreate the wheel that WB so skillfully 7-3 years ago. Between us we learnt, experimented, created rules that new icon makers cannot possibly be aware of. For example Mr Furious style of highlighting/shading? Or Whatball's guidelines on doing diagonal pixels? I believe that's all lost.

Possibly there's someone now that has more talent than anybody in the past (that's not what I am saying). However they'll be going back an era of icons and trying to bring the icons on to a level or further than what was achieved before. So yes techniques will have been lost. I am not saying they cannot make better icons.
ramchop

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2018 - 21:27
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting stuff. As I said with my & cdwat's khorne project, I'm not a picon artist. There won't be any fantastic zombie #12s. What there will be is a bit more variety sourced from bits and pieces of what is already out there. Something like the pitfighter expansion.

From this:

To this:

So nothing revolutionary. Very keen to hear feedback, on what I could do better. I'm going to have a crack and leave it to those above to accept/decline. Like the Pact/Underwrold logos someone created a year or two ago, if it's not quite right it won't make it across the line.

As for the talent pool. I found this fun, and will continue to fiddle. If there are any genuine artists out there who want to have a go also, please do so.
 Jump to: