48 coaches online • Server time: 19:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2019 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I would say one thing - if you do chat to people, even seldomly, given time they will cease to be complete strangers. I know you're not completely adverse to talking, since we have communicated in game every time we've played, and I did spend almost 3hrs talking to you one night when boxchat was implemented but the scheduler broken (I believe you even invited me to play Hanabi with you while we waited).

I do actually believe that most people will forgive even some of the most unwholesome of perceived "offenses" if the party committing them isn't perceived as faceless Smile

Last edited by ArrestedDevelopment on %b %13, %2019 - %18:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2019 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

smallman wrote:
I only ever retire injuries and big guys that don't get double by 2nd skill.

You seem to have several retired players who are only listed as 'm'.

Are you counting MNG as a retirable injury or is the site misreporting?

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2019 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

That would only be to replace a good positional like elf or orc, to not miss out on them in a game.
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2019 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

smallman wrote:
I have been trying to get my smallkosp team to around 2mil tv for as long as I can remember....

Even IF you are actually insane enough to believe this yourself, you would still be the only one.

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2019 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

smallman wrote:
That would only be to replace a good positional like elf or orc, to not miss out on them in a game.

Fair enough. Though, it would be easier to believe that you really wanted to "build a team" if you didn't spend so much gold hiring and firing healthy players.

It is difficult to believe that your team couldn't be bigger if you really wanted them to be.

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2019 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I think MNG is a brilliant way to grow in bbox. You are lower in TW for a game, but have a free player for the future. Easier matchup, etc.
With that said teams implode pretty easily in bbox, and a well executed plan could be blown up at game no31 (or earlier).

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2019 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Murker wrote:
Christer said:

"..it can certainly be hard to rebuild after a streak of a couple of bloody games in a row. That's tough, but is sort of the whole point of the Blackbox division in my mind. Blackbox is about coming up with a team build that can be sustained over time, even in the rough environment that it is. This is to me the challenge of getting a high CR in B as opposed to the opponent selection component that R has."

So there it is. The creator of the Black Box division once again gives us his view of 'the point' of the Black Box division. So there is no real point in hearing smallman's idea of what Black Box should be, or MattDakka's idea of the division's purpose, or Murker's view of 'the point.'

Now, if someone's personal 'goal' for Black Box was to run their own personal CR number up as high as possible, making themselves look (numerically) far better than they actually were, then I think perpetually cycling undead and/or amazon teams though their first 15 games would be the way to go. That would be going against THE point of the division, but some people will go for wins and inflated numbers, for various reasons.

smallman's predatory style of min/maxing, although still great for smashing those who are unaware or unprepared, now has the fun element of backfiring, and being punished every so often. This is entirely intentional, and is firmly in line with BigC's 'point' of the division.

So, suck it up, little claw lover, or learn to play undead. Or, you know, just scare us all away with your dirty players.

I would argue that the goal or opinions of a creator of his creation are no more valid than the interpretation of the consumers of said creation. In the same way as saying that readers who think Illyana Rasputin from the X-men is a closeted lesbian are just as valid in their interpretation as one of the writers of the book who view her as heterosexual.
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2019 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:
ph0enyx13 wrote:
ArrestedDevelopment wrote:
I really wouldn't worry about a one million TV inducements gap when you've never had a team last longer than fifteen games in box. You've got to be a pretty old team first, or 15+ and massive TV to even see 300+ Tv gaps. Not a dig at you Ph0eyx13, just trying to stop a thread like this scaremongering.

I had a human team who played 16 box games

Cool! i actually played vs them many moons ago...

fair enough. at their final point they could've played a gap of 500k or so. But much more likely you ran into smallkosp tbh!

Yea I know lol.
Dominik

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2019 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

smallman wrote:
System forces me to play only 2 killing teams. I am not the problem. If anything single activating high TV bash teams are, but I don't expect individuals to change, futile. I KNOW I won't change unless the system changes, yet you all seem happy to just watch fumbbl slowly die.

My logic is completely flawless. I am the worlds leading authority on Hanabi, a game of pure logic, with over 4000 games of it played.

But if you ever read Blood Bowl magazine or just any of the living rulebooks, teams with lower armor are designed to get crushed. Blood Bowl is designed to serve different play styles (=races) and still have fun. I prefer tough races myself because I cannot mentally cope with when I become in a numerical disadvantage, that is why I do not like to play Elves, but the system is what it is, it is not flawed.
MenonaLoco

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2019 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Murker wrote:
Sorry if you didn't heared my points the first time you readed them. I was less than clear, perhaps. The main purpose of my post was to bookmark Christer's answer as to the 'point' of the Black Box division, so I can reference it in the future if these box scheduler threads come up again. Following that reply, no one else's vision for what the Box could/should be really matters, which is quite fine. (although not new info, iirc, the death of the racial modifier is also particularly interesting)

Maybe it didn't read pro-Christer enough for you, or perhaps wasn't 'down with smallman' enough to catch my meaning.

To be clear, I'm very pro-Christer, I understand why the large TV gaps exist, I wish smallman would cease with teams designed to destroy others, and find it amusing he threatens other coaches with the Dirty Player skill.

I also tried to speculate that cycling fresh undead or zon teams would be a better way for smallman or anyone else to win max games, while pointing out how that would run contrary to Christer's vision for why Box was created.

I'm certain you would have hit the forum 'time-out button' on me long ago, so I'll stop there. This response took 4 minutes to type, I assure you. Happy timing out.

Now you are not just weird, now you are going all Arschloch mode. Felicidades, hdp! Wink
smallman

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2019 - 03:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I most likely chatted so much with you AD for having best username. No amount of chat will stop me thinking of anyone online as more than a complete stranger.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2019 - 04:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Fair enough Smallman. I reckon I know enough about you myself to not regard you as completely unknown though Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2019 - 04:50 Reply with quote Back to top

smallman wrote:
I most likely chatted so much with you AD for having best username. No amount of chat will stop me thinking of anyone online as more than a complete stranger.

Imagine if you participate in a blood bowl real life tournament, eg. NAF World Cup.
If you never played any games online and only knew your the members of your local blood bowl community, you would be indeed meeting dozens of strangers at such an event.
But if you have played on FUMBBL and chatted in the game or were active on the forum, you would feel like you "finally" met the persons behind the keyboards, wouldn't you?
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2019 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

smallman wrote:

So, I guess that peer pressure will have no power here.

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2019 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Jump to: