14 coaches online • Server time: 03:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mattius

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2020 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

The European championship for bloodbowl 2020 will be held in Poland, the 2nd, 3rd and 4th of October.

Inspired by team Fumbbls success at the UKTC, I was very interested to see if we can get 1-2 teams ready for the Euros?

For a team to enter the EUopen, we need 3 coaches. Clearly the more we have, the stronger and funnier, the teams will be!

Coaches can be from any nationality, even none European.

Why go?

1) If you have 100's maybe 1000's of hours of fumbbl under your belt and its something you really enjoy. It is nice to take ownership of it and embrace it! Its 3 days of talking to people in real life who actually understand what blodge, clmbpo and DT is!

2) There will likely be over 700 coaches attending, including many people you've played online. It adds a more social element to the game and great for making new friends.

3) Warsaw is a very modern city (many skyscrapers), good prices, friendly people and many things to see and do.

4)If we can get a good number of people together, then the first team will likely crush skulls and rank highly, while the rest of us can get steadily drunk during the event Smile

5)If you have not played much table top it's a good chance to get into it. Fumbblers typically adapt quickly, also playing table top will improve your online play, trust me.

6) I could give another 20 reasons, but i don't want to lose people, so use some imagination! Talk to anyone who's been before or been to the world cup!

Interested in principle?

Registration doesn't start til Februrary and we do have time. What I am looking for to begin with is to see general interest. So please reply or PM me to begin with and we get a group chat in motion.

Things to consider?

*If you don't have the models? (I can likely lend you a painted team)
*Being free for them dates in October
*Being able to travel to Poland and able to afford it, hotel/hosel, tickets etc
* 3 days is a lot of bloodbowl

Going for sure:
Mattius
nobbynobbs

Currently interested?
Flashman1234
Tribble
ben_awesome
Kam
WALGIS (Dependant on national qualification)
Joost (Dependant on Dutch qualification)

More details are below

http://www.eurobowl.eu/2020/default.asp?p=19

Last edited by Mattius on Feb 11, 2020 - 18:27; edited 9 times in total
Fuel

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2020 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Not that im the best player or anything but if i dont make it our national team (i will know the answer at end or march) i for sure would be interested Smile just dont know if i qualify.
Mattius

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2020 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

WALGIS wrote:
Not that im the best player or anything but if i dont make it our national team (i will know the answer at end or march) i for sure would be interested Smile just dont know if i qualify.

Quite a few people will be in the same shoes! I'm not going to be in team Czech as i'm not actually Czech Very Happy EUOpen will be slightly more relaxed. If we get more than 1 team then we will need to have a few captains etc, but can worry about that later.
SpecialOne

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2020 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I hope to get a Danish team together for the Open, but I fully support this great idea. Join in peeps. These events are GREAT! (don't mention Dornbirn)
pedro_fgomes

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2020 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I am still trying to crak the Portuguese team, but if not will definitely go to Europen! If I can't find a team with mates from our TT League ,I will for sure join a FUMBBL Europen etam Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2020 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

pedro_fgomes wrote:
I am still trying to crak the Portuguese team, but if not will definitely go to Europen! If I can't find a team with mates from our TT League ,I will for sure join a FUMBBL Europen etam Smile

Pedro - you'll be taking the Inept Brutes presumably?
pedro_fgomes

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2020 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehehe I'll aim to bring the same team I brought to the world cup - Dark Elves!

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2020 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I've updated the names I have so far. Anyone half keen but have a few questions? Feel free to message me.
nobbynobbs

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2020 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

i am a possible, i have a tournament in france at the end of the month (dba, historical game being played at the agincourt museum!) so its a bit up in the air, if i do, it will be zons Razz
ben_awesome

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2020 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

When is it?
Mattius

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2020 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

2nd, 3rd and 4th of October.
ben_awesome

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2020 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks. It's possible I could assemble an underworld team for this.
Kam

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2020 - 14:30 Reply with quote Back to top

As a pathological traveller who has so many reasons to go to Poland (the skyscrappers not being one of them - no thanks Very Happy) and someone who's played a few BB games, I soooo have to consider this!

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2020 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Kam wrote:
As a pathological traveller who has so many reasons to go to Poland (the skyscrappers not being one of them - no thanks Very Happy) and someone who's played a few BB games, I soooo have to consider this!

I've added you to interested, been to many international BB events? Sounds like a good time to start if not!
NairoD

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2020 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

If you will need any assistance at Warsaw just PM me guys Wink
 Jump to: