26 coaches online • Server time: 02:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mully

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2004 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

And the tournament coordinator needs to update the deadlines... 29th August has long since passed!

The tournament coordinator has been gone frm FUMBBL for 18 days. So the deadlines may be the least of your worries. Orca survival may be in jeopardy.

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2004 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, one coach has already retired from the Reikland Round Robin and messed it up for everyone else!...

Why do coaches retire in the middle of a round robin?? So they lost a few games, so what. Typical attitude (moan moan) of coaches these days (whinge whinge) who just give up because they aren't winning, and f**k the tournament up for everyone else.

One of these days I might actually get to complete a tournament without it being stuffed before the end for one reason or another... it's ever more annoying because I've enjoyed the games so far, and somehow, contrary so results of many other tournaments I've been in, I actually look to be in a winning position!

Mully, it sadly looks like you might be right...

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2004 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

The group founder hasn't been around for ages, but what about staff members? Can't they forfeit games and replace teams to keep things going?
Barash

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2004 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm the only staff member around, Anchorhead made me staffmember without asking me anything. I think the diversity of leagues and the current rules make this league hard to manage, I will certainly not take over the role of Anchorhead before he disapeared from fumbbl without telling a word to me/us.

I asked Admins to drop my staff membership, hopefully Anchorhead returns soon and will start managing this league again.

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2004 - 10:21 Reply with quote Back to top

With Anchorhead gone, is anyone interested in taking over the running of this group?

I'm prepared to manage it in the interim to get it finished but I'm not going to start any new tournaments if I'm going to be running this alone.
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2004 - 11:21 Reply with quote Back to top

It would be cool if you could keep this going BB... I've not run a tourney before, and I don't think I want to have my first go as this one!

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2004 - 11:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm willing to do it untill the end of the RRR, then we'll see how it's going I suppose Smile

(Strangely I want to finish the tourney, despite having the worst record and the worst team Smile )
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2004 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Has anyone been able to reach Anchorhead? I spoke to some admins and they stated that the only way ownership of a tourney could be transferred is from the original owner to do it.

Ancorhead was on not long ago, 3 days, or so...

If anyone sees him, ask him to either transfer ownership to BB_Pad or at least make him a staff member so the series can continue!!!! Wink
annachie

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2004 - 12:36 Reply with quote Back to top

We should all add Anchorhead to our buddies list and grab him by something whenever he shows up.
BB-Pad

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2004 - 12:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I've PM'd him to transfer ownership or at least get us on as staff but until he returns and reads his messages or the forum, nothing's gonna happen. Sad

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2004 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

We all got that PM from him... is it worth (fao BB Pad and annachie) going armed with that to a friendly admin. They may sort you guys out as staff members if you explain the situation to them. If they say no cos Anchorhead hasnt given his permission then show him the PM message...

Or ... if any admins read this can you sort it out for us all?

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2004 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Quick poll time.

Should we ask the admin people to email Anchorhead and ask for an answer/permission/nominee?

(I haven't checked but I assume he hasen't got a public email here)

I vote Yea

yea 1
nay 0
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2004 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

If Anchorhead really has been affected by real life events then there is little chance he is gonna be checking his email either.
I think it would be best just to get the admins to directly apply you guys as staff first... if they refuse then ask them to email anchorhead, as by then that will be the only opition left to us (apart from hoping Anchorhead might come back sometime).

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2004 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, admin have been kind enough to add me as staff so it looks like we're back in business! Very Happy What do you guys want me to do?

The RRR has a team that's been retired - replace or forfeit?

I can't edit the group info, but can post some new timelines on here or via group PM. Two weeks from Monday for the next round of games to be played in all tourneys?

I can also create new tourneys if you want to keep the group going.

This isn't my group so I'd appreciate some comments from you coaches.

Pad
Mully

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2004 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi BB - thanks for the effort - I already puleed my teams out so please give LuringGrue the forfiet over my WH Cleavers team.

The idea is good but I admit I think its a lot of wok for an admin. Especually since you already run a league.

Mully

Jump to: