74 coaches online • Server time: 19:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Foad

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2020 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
I have always been fine with grandfathered teams, as it was a small wrinkle in the system. So until we move to 2020 rules, meh, let them abuse FUMBBL's systems to their hearts content, what's the harm?

But when we move to 2020 rules i think they should end.

I don't understand why it was fine in the past, is fine now but somehow isn't under BB2020. There is zero reason that it should be fine until BB2020, but then not. The opinion changing at that point is arbitrary.

Same as LRB updates, same as CRP. The reason we shouldn't reset using a fresh division, is that we have not in the past, and that sets the precedent. That defines what FUMBBL is.

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2020 - 16:36
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Sigh. Here we go aagin.

Because in the past we have dealt with minor tweaks to largely ongoing rulesets. It has been a 2% change, mostly either to a single race, or a sngle position, or to add new skills, or take a single skill away.

BB2020 is fundamental root and branch reform of all teams, all positionals, all rules and all skills. There are new races, massive changes to existing races, a new way of generating and costing skills, a new system for teams to exist long term, an entirely new stat (which would require invention as well as grandfathering) and the new rules cannot and will not work with the systems we have in place.

Simple.

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2020 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I did not think this post would be this big (big to me) #TOTY

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2020 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

ArthurWynne wrote:
If you can't live without that 8-rat game then make your own roster in an [L] ruleset, that's why we have them.

I don't want to get into an argument with you because we're complete strangers and you might have your reasons for this stance, but are you sure the best way to approach this game is to tell other coaches how to properly enjoy the game according to your own taste rather than the site's own rules?

@PC: that sounds good to me, there needs to be some sort of allowance or loophole for skeletons, kroxigors, gutter runners, and all those other Major shenanigans. They shouldn't last for just a season, I think.

@badger89: can we make it to 10 pages?
ArthurWynne

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2020 - 03:12 Reply with quote Back to top

@Java: It's not as if it was unsolicited. This is a forum thread for the express purpose of sharing our views on the topic. You asked, and I answered. If you're not interested in my opinion - which is perfectly reasonable since we are, indeed, complete strangers - why did you bother to ask?
Java

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2020 - 06:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I asked why such a strong condemnation.

I now understand it to be "I don't want others to enjoy the site within its rules and customs, if it violates my personal taste". Fair enough.

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2020 - 07:58 Reply with quote Back to top

@java think this may reach 20 pages haha

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2020 - 08:54 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
Sigh. Here we go aagin.
~snip~
Simple.

Ah, an ad hominem explanation. I speak that language too and now understand what you are saying.

All you had to day was that your opinion differs based on the quantum of change.

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2020 - 09:17 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
I have always been fine with grandfathered teams

But when we move to 2020 rules i think they should end.

I totally agree. Always admired grandfathered teams and I am excited that I will / would be able to have some of my own but the right thing to do is to just drop them.

That doesn't mean that we can't have some fun with them till that happens.

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2020 - 09:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Two wrongs don't make a right, but I find it more problematic with a Gutter Runner on a high TV Nurgle team, than an extra Blitzer on a low TV UW team.

However, as already stated, BB2020 will most likely serve as a reset of many things on the site.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2020 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, FF reset, for example, will be nice. Playing my EU team 1340 with 12 FF is not great, too much bloat.

About the Gutter Runner: on a Nurgle team can be unbalancing, but on the other hand that Nurgle team won him in a tournament as prize, so it took some effort to have him.
It's different from creating a team before a roster change and then having an extra positional.
That said, really, no offence or personal attack intended to any coach, just a (hopefully) objective comment for the debate's sake.
badger89

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2020 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I would class a prize in a major to count towards a grandfather team