21 coaches online • Server time: 07:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
badger89

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2020 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

What are people thought on grandfather right team?

This is not a go at anyone. I would just like to know what people think about them.

My thoughts are if the team are on 0 games the team should get delete or the player or players get replace.

please do not get offended with this post.

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2020 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I think for any team with any games played it is absolutely fair for them to be grandfathered.

I can see the argument for 0 game teams being prevented from being grandfathered. However it really doesn't bother me and it seems like it'd add to the staff workload to block/delete them so it's better just leave those teams as they are
badger89

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2020 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

C0ddlefish wrote:
I think for any team with any games played it is absolutely fair for them to be grandfathered.

I can see the argument for 0 game teams being prevented from being grandfathered. However it really doesn't bother me and it seems like it'd add to the staff workload to block/delete them so it's better just leave those teams as they are

Yes I think team with game is fair as for then to keep then.

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2020 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, OK.

So, if you make a dozen teams and play one game with each, you are good to go. Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2020 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I would say about 20 games

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2020 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a hunch as to what brought this on... Wink
I would say Blood Bowl is such a wild and wooly game anyway, and game balance has a lot more to do with spesific team builds and matchups than how good a roster is on paper, that legacy teams should just be celebrated and there's no point in trying to police them.

That said, deliberately making a bunch of teams in anticipation of a roster change, just to have a "stockpile" to take advantage of grandfathering is a scummy move.
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2020 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

"scummy" is a bit harsh. No rules are broken, and it's something anyone could have chosen to do.

Dick Fosbury or David Berkoff - cheats or innovators?
Trevor Chappell - scumbag or doing what needed to be done?
Foad

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2020 - 02:38 Reply with quote Back to top

It's something that people should have expected from skaven.

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2020 - 08:35 Reply with quote Back to top

There's so many teams on the site that are grandfathered from previous iterations of the team or even previous rulebooks. For admin ease there needs to be one simple rule to either allow them all or disallow them all. Introducing something tied in to games played is making it too convoluted.

Do I like it when I get drawn vs a 12 ogre team in the xfl? Not especially.
How will I feel when I face an uw team with more rats than they should have? Probably not as unhappy as they'll die more often but it's still a bit cheeky.

Thankfully seasons will help take care of this issue as keeping these players on the roster will become a lot harder over time.

There are many other coaches bending the game and site rules on the site that while this seems like a big issue, it's really not very commonplace.

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2020 - 08:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Someone created 8 UW teams to abuse this. They should definitely be deleted.
Captain_Crumpet

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2020 - 08:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't mind grandfarthering a few teams if you just want to remember and play the roster as it was. But that said taking grandfathered teams to anything important feels pretty scummy and shouldn't be allowed Imo, especially so if it is a stock one. For example taking an underworld team with both blitzers and a gutter runner into black box trophy, at that point your basically cheating and disrespecting all the other coaches on this site trying to play honestly.
jdm

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2020 - 09:22 Reply with quote Back to top

We have plenty of coaches who disrespect other coaches and don't play honestly. If having a uw grandfathered team should get the team deleted then there's a whole lot of other teams who are ripe for deletion too.

What about your 12 ogre team smallman? 12 ogres has much more of a difference on the their team compared to a couple of extra rats. And you were activating them in general box play last year, giving a huge tv difference.

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2020 - 09:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm looking forward to the reaction when 2 Wraith + 2 Wight Necro and 4 BOB + 4 Big'Un Orc teams emerge
sann0638

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2020 - 10:18 Reply with quote Back to top

C0ddlefish wrote:
I'm looking forward to the reaction when 2 Wraith + 2 Wight Necro and 4 BOB + 4 Big'Un Orc teams emerge

Are we seeing 8 skaven underworld teams?

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2020 - 10:22 Reply with quote Back to top

jdm wrote:
There's so many teams on the site that are grandfathered from previous iterations of the team or even previous rulebooks. For admin ease there needs to be one simple rule to either allow them all or disallow them all. Introducing something tied in to games played is making it too convoluted.

Do I like it when I get drawn vs a 12 ogre team in the xfl? Not especially.
How will I feel when I face an uw team with more rats than they should have? Probably not as unhappy as they'll die more often but it's still a bit cheeky.

Thankfully seasons will help take care of this issue as keeping these players on the roster will become a lot harder over time.

There are many other coaches bending the game and site rules on the site that while this seems like a big issue, it's really not very commonplace.

Yes jdm that is a good point season will make it harder to keep the team as a grandfather team.

@smallman do you think they should delete you ogre team for banding the team.