21 coaches online • Server time: 01:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Khemri
Better
71%
 71%  [ 49 ]
Worse
10%
 10%  [ 7 ]
Same
18%
 18%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 69

MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2020 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Skeletons on the other hand are nice candidates to take random skills, if you have enough gold to fire those not getting good ones.
ThierryM

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2020 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Skeletons on the other hand are nice candidates to take random skills, if you have enough gold to fire those not getting good ones.
+1 (but you saw it coming !)

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2020 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

a 50k skeleton with most random general skills is probably good to go anyway without having to fire them on the fly, TV efficiency I get, but not when micromanaging 10k increments

come the new seasons you'll replace them anyway

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2020 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I am expecting random skills on most cheap linemen. When you team has lost of cash there is no point hoping a Skeleton will get to 6 SPP. Take a random skill at 3 and replace the half that get skills you do not want.

Once your Treasury gets to the Expensive mistake mark you can risk losing 30k or just buy a Skeleton.

Lyracian.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2020 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

@Java: yes. I was thinking about Skeletons rolling bad skills or duplicate skills like 2 Skeletons rolling Kick, for example. There would be an annoying redundancy.
Strider84

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2020 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

My game plan was always all around break tackle. So for NAF style games, it's definitely worse.
Java

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2020 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

@Dakka: that's what I meant, you're not going to fire a second Kick skeleton just because. Or a Shadowing skeleton. Or a strip ball one.

A second "kick for 50k" skeleton will make you less wary of using/losing either of them, both for a single game perspective and for a long term strategy. You can even foul with one of them if need be. Who fouls with a kicker now? Very Happy

Cash is much better 1) spent on inducements 2) saved for the redraft

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2020 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Too early to say; we need more playtesting of the various options and skills to get a real feel for it in practice.

The change in statup rules, to my limited understanding, means its alot easier (albeit expensive spp-wise) to force +ma; so you could push a thrower to MA 8 much more feasibly, which really helps the team's mobility.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2020 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

+AG on Khemri Thrower really makes a big difference. +MA is nice as well but often the issue with Khemri offence is picking up the ball and wasting turns to protect it (therefore moving some players backwards).
Also, AG helps with dodging, sometimes the Thrower is forced to dodge.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %08, %2020 - %23:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2020 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

except its 18spp just to get that first stat up.. how many teams want an unskilled thrower hogging all the team spp for THAT long? wouldn't you absolutely want block, dodge, the new thing that replaces kick off return first?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2020 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

The question is if I can earn enough SPPs on a Thrower to take +AG, considering there is no MVP nomination anymore.
Anyway, if getting +stats is so hard to the point it's not achievable before Redraft, I wonder why there is the option to take +stats. Really a bad system.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2020 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

nah, stats will be fine on players who start with agi 4 and at least one of block or dodge (they can accumulate tds fast enough to get those stats)
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2020 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, but not all players are AG 4.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2020 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup just saying that's (for me) the only place that will see stats regularly
Lyracian

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2020 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
Yup just saying that's (for me) the only place that will see stats regularly

I could see AG 3 Players taking Block and then hoarding SPP for stat increase. They are cheap to rehire (since you do not pay for unspent points) and then level up after first game of second season.

Can repeat for Season 3 and 4 but that is likely to be the limit of there career.
 Jump to: