56 coaches online • Server time: 15:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Speccing and Playing...goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Avreus

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2021 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

It will be great to implement some options regarding game client itself: here the list of my ideas.

-have option to enlarge the window size.
it will be nice to be able to make game window larger, on big resolutions monitor the game window is kinda small.

-option to turn of the team logo on the pitch
its generally nice to see team logos on the pitch but sometimes they are just copy paste memes or other pictures that makes the pitch way harder to see.

[b]-change the blitz logic[b]
I think that player should be able to deselect player after declares the blitz target, until he makes the first move with blitzing player. I understand is for the all BG negative traits but the trait itself should be roll after player will try to move. right now after declaring the blitz target deselecting player end his movement.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2021 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

You can turn the pitch logos (yours/your opponent's/both) off in the options.
HimalayaP1C7

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2021 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is some info on making it full screen https://fumbbl.com/help:HowToFFBFullScreen
That also links to a video explanation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LqFp7QOEL0 at the end of the video are some other good settings changes, including switching off logos.
HimalayaP1C7

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2021 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

For changing the blitz logic, every change takes a lot of work to get done. I think it doesn’t take too long to get used to how it it is now and there are lots of things on their todo list that I’d guess you would prefer over this.
https://fumbbl.com/p/todo
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2021 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I've had four opponents in a little over 50 games who have misclicked on the target of their blitz, or correctly clicked and then accidentally ended move. One did it twice. No really clear suggestions on how to fix this, though: every solution I can think of opens up new cans of worms.

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2021 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

The biggest problem is that certain skills trigger when you select your blitz target (such as Foul Appearance and Dump Off). You can't 'unchoose' your blitz target at that point; so doing it this way makes it consistent for when those skills are involved.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2021 - 01:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, understood. It would, however, be easy to set it up so that clicking on the blitzing player after selecting a target doesn't automatically end his move. Maybe it brings up a window asking if you want to end move, or a menu with the option to end move, that you can click away from by clicking outside the menu. That wouldn't run afoul of the post-blitz rules issues. I mean, "I declared a blitz and I'm using it to do nothing" is possible but highly unlikely. I can think of scenarios, like weird Animal Savagery games to get your tackle zone back, but by default the assumption should be that it's a misclick, because it probably is.

In the case of the blitz mis-declared, you could make it a two-click thing, so you click on your target, and you now have a moment to make sure you got the right guy before you click again. That ... that sounds annoying. Never mind. I don't have any good answers to that problem.

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2021 - 07:39 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
Yeah, understood. It would, however, be easy to set it up so that clicking on the blitzing player after selecting a target doesn't automatically end his move. Maybe it brings up a window asking if you want to end move, or a menu with the option to end move, that you can click away from by clicking outside the menu.

That makes sense. However, I don't agree with the "undeclaring" of a blitz suggestion. Declaring your actions is a rule, there's no backsies.

If on table top you were to move a model next to another, then declare you want to blitz with him it would be to late, that is an illegal procedure. If you declare a blitz and then change your mind that is a mistake and like all mistakes in BB it will usually cost you.

But, like you say accidently deselecting a blitzing model is a slightly different thing. You do not declare unselecting a model on table top, that's purely part of the (very awesome) clients design.

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2021 - 09:27 Reply with quote Back to top

It’s impossible to make sweeping generalisations on the internet. If I were to write ‘Ogres are rubbish’ on a TT forum, I can almost guarantee that someone would post a league table of their 10 year league winning Ogre team. However - the accepted rule on TT is ‘if you’ve not rolled dice you can take it back’. Putting the assist back, blitzing a different player, not blitzing at all after realising that guy has Guard, it’s all legit until dice are rolled.

That said, I think missclicks are an acceptable part of the online experience and we have to swallow them for efficiency of playing the game. A ‘did you mean to make that dodge?’ pop-up would be irritating. I get the idea around circumventing the Blitz action missclick, but I’m not sure it’s worth the pain to be honest.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2021 - 13:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Avreus wrote:

-have option to enlarge the window size.
it will be nice to be able to make game window larger, on big resolutions monitor the game window is kinda small.

As described above there are methods to increase the size. However, with this client, it's no really ideal, and the reason the site owner hasn't implemented it (on this client).

All the art work is done by pixels (little blocks). So the bigger you make the client, the less the art work stands up. Basically the artwork was made for a certain resolution. However, as the resolution of screens has improved, the client now appears small on most screens.

In this client you would need different size pitches/icons. Needing new artwork for each different size. For a client you can rescale you need a different type of artwork that you see in most modern games using 'vector' 'svg' style images.

The site owner wants/wanted to implement such a client, but the impression I got was there was little interest/ability from the community in doing svg artwork. Also the amount of artwork that would be lost/need to be redone is huge.

If that's changed........well speak to the big man about it.

TLDR not possible with this client, follow the guides on work arounds to best suit your screen resolution.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2021 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Kinks wrote:
That makes sense. However, I don't agree with the "undeclaring" of a blitz suggestion. Declaring your actions is a rule, there's no backsies.
That's not true. You can declare an action then deselect the player before taking the action. This wouldn't be much different.

Quote:
If on table top you were to move a model next to another, then declare you want to blitz with him it would be to late, that is an illegal procedure. If you declare a blitz and then change your mind that is a mistake and like all mistakes in BB it will usually cost you.
"I'm gonna blitz that guy, no wait, that guy, sorry. Pointed at the wrong guy." Your TT opponent will totally let you get away with that, so long as you do so before rolling any dice.

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2021 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
It’s impossible to make sweeping generalisations on the internet.

Please don't generalise like this, not on the internet!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2021 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Fair.
 Jump to: