18 coaches online • Server time: 04:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
razmus

Post   Posted: May 02, 2022 - 01:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Da Mighty Slann Necromancer Sloss-tti still way to busy to concern Himself wif mere mortal games right now. Tic, number one toady moving things forward for our first redraft and season two.

The league features hidden treasures to be uncovered in the course of play and/or discord riddles... probably mostly in discord. Last season da Sparkly-sparkle Slann of Huah-Huah remained lost... being on the horns of a dilemma. Hope it am found fast this next season. We wanna help stunty teams (right stuff preventing tackle -- just as soon as tournament settings are available on BB2020 tournaments), 'cause us little guys gotta stick together. We am just about having some fun with some crazy teams so we do limit the league to only one roster of any particular race. With over a hundred rosters to choose from, this shouldn't be an issue to find something to play.

If you yearn for playing some hot sticky blood bowl in the middle of the Amazonian jungle whilst searching for treasure and glory then this league might be the salve for what ails you!

How to apply:

For new teams that want to join SLA: please post here, stating which team you intend to play. Note that only 1 team of each race is allowed in SLA at any one time (I will list the currently-taken teams in the second post of this thread). All new teams will be starting up in the rookie division, and the rookie division will get to play as long as we have at least eight teams participate.
For returning teams that want to continue playing: please also post here, stating which team you intend to bring back. Teams which played last season have first claim to a roster, and returning teams will play against each other as long as we get at least eight returning teams. Remember, if you don't choose to play a returning team, you give up your prior claim to the roster. Returning teams who plan to play this next season should go thru the manual redraft process, for which I'll send out instructions via PM.
Coaches may have a team in both the rookie division and a returning team. We're testing that out this season.

(You can find more information on the SLA group page, by clicking on the banner at the top of this post.) All teams will be eligible to play up to FOUR games in the open environment before the season begins.

This first season as soon as we have a good number of teams ready and willing to play with an anticipated start date of June 1st ( was: May 21st).

As Sloss-ti always says: "Join the god🦆 league, or the pygmy gets it! Ribbit!" ;-P Tic say, "Me got General Tso's Duck, and me not sure General Tso am gonna be happy with Tic."

Last edited by razmus on May 14, 2022 - 21:58; edited 1 time in total
razmus

Post   Posted: May 02, 2022 - 01:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Teams lined up so far for Season One
Format is Teamname (Roster) - Coach - East or West Timezone (or either)

Returning But Experienced/Veteran bracket will not run this season
Morathi's Revenge (Pirates of Sartosa) - razmus - EAST
Slap and Tickle and Stab (Daemons of Tzeentch) - PraiseTheOmnissiah - Either
And Still We Rize (Zandri) - HouseT - Either
Disciplined Anarchy (Avelorn) - Sigmar1 - WEST
Ghyran Guardians (Dryad) - BadatSport - WEST

New Teams
Immigrants Encarmine (Blood Dragon) - Nobby_Nobbs
Asuryan Argonauts (High Elf) - BadatSport - WEST
For Those About to Block (Albion) - Knine
[SL2020] Snake-Maidens (Amazons) - Azur - EAST
Troubled Bridgewater FC (Savage Orcs) - MrCushtie - WEST
[SLA2020] The Water Workers (Elemental - Water) - Xelron
[SL20] Fur in Strange Places (Kislev) - HouseT - Either
Al'Akhar Scorpions (Araby) - Sigmar1 - West (only if Returning division doesn't run in Season Two)

Pending

MIA
Feed the Fangs (Snakemen) - Azure - Missing two months
Tallowick Spell Jammers (Witch Elf) - Gridironman - No team joined league

Out
[SL20] Mo's Dark Desperados (Vampire) - motay666 (No response)
[SL20] Storming Sharkies (Sons of Stromfels) - Teturact (No response)
I Heard Black (Daemons of Slaanesh) - KidCrestHill (No response)
Se7en Dwaves (Black Dwarf) - ItsEnZe (No response, absent three+ weeks.)
Knights of FUMBBL (Bretonnian) - Thresh (Retired)
Fogs Fighters (Kurgan) - blackGigio (Missing)
Hokkaido Magical Girls (Northern Nippon) - Dradym (Missing)
[SLA2020] Temple Darwen (Cathay) - Xelron (Retired)
Trolling in Secret (Troll) - burnsy87 (Sitting out a season by choice)
Mistborne Marauders (Fimir) - Ardonite (Sitting out a season by choice)

Last edited by razmus on Jun 09, 2022 - 13:21; edited 26 times in total
razmus

Post   Posted: May 02, 2022 - 01:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm planning to return with Morathi's Revenge (Pirates of Sartosa), and prefer East coast... although coast won't be a consideration this season. (They were so badly beat up this season, that I can rehire almost the whole team for a second season. We'll see who survives the grinder.)

PraiseTheOmnissiah

Post   Posted: May 02, 2022 - 02:36 Reply with quote Back to top

returning slap tickle stab.either coast fine
knine

Post   Posted: May 02, 2022 - 03:53 Reply with quote Back to top

R, For returning teams: Can it be any SL team built under that ruleset? If it's only previous SLA teams, can I convert a previous BB16 team to BB20? thx
Gridironman

Post   Posted: May 02, 2022 - 07:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Put me down for witch elf if there is room

Post   Posted: May 02, 2022 - 12:46 Reply with quote Back to top

@knine - Returning teams are those who have played in SLA20 season one, (manually) redrafted and can then play up to four 'friendlies' in the Secret League 2020 Open environment. We didn't convert any teams from SLA20, starting all new SL20 teams last season. We'd love to have you bring a SL20 team with up to four games played for the 'new teams' division though!

If you have an older SL16 team looking for a home, the Secret Isle of Misfit Teams (SIoMT) accepts older, compatible SL16 teams... and has even done a few conversations/imports of nearly compatible teams. Season six over there likely won't finish until August.

knine

Post   Posted: May 02, 2022 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll bring an Albion Team, thx
Azur

Post   Posted: May 02, 2022 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

The Infamous Frenchie is back.
I bring some ladies from Lustria (Amazons).
I'm based in France, but the East Coast time zone is ok for me. Caffeine is my friend Wink
HouseT

Post   Posted: May 11, 2022 - 05:09 Reply with quote Back to top

And Still We Rize are good to go for another season. We'll just ignore the really dumb purchase that happened at the end of the season, and presume that great things are on the horizon.

(No time zone preference)
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: May 11, 2022 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Avelorn, being the reigning Champions and all, will return.

West coast.

Post   Posted: May 14, 2022 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

And congratulations to Sigmar1... they are the reigning champions from season one.

For teams returning, please remember to indicate your intention here and take your team thru the manual redrafting processes. For coaches returning -- as a reminder, we're experimenting a season with allowing a coach to run a team in both the rookie division and experienced division.

For folks interested in joining us, please also note your intention to play here. Secret League America allows but a single instance of a given roster to be used in any given season.

I'd originally put a pin in May 21st as a start date, but I think we'll push that tentatively back to June 1 to give folks more time to get their friendlies in. (Teams are permitted up to four friendlies after creation or redrafting before the season starts.)

MrCushtie

Post   Posted: May 14, 2022 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm up for Savage Orcs in the West if there's room

Post   Posted: May 15, 2022 - 02:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Temple Darwin is retiring after their brutal first season leaving way for The Water Workers to step in and take their place
razmus

Post   Posted: May 15, 2022 - 03:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Fantastic. With the Savage Orcs and Water Workers, that brings the rookie team count to eight, which ensures that division will run this season. Need four more of the seven experienced teams to step up before I can say with certainty that the experienced teams will get to play.

Jump to: