24 coaches online • Server time: 06:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Christer

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2022 - 16:14
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

The news post is starting to get a lot of responses, and it's becoming increasingly difficult to keep track of feedback there. So I've started this thread to collect feedback and bug reports for the new Gamefinder system.

Feel free to post thoughts and ideas.
Garion26

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2022 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

This was said in the comments and I agree entirely
"Azur on Jun 06, 2022 - 01:29
Richer than the previous interface, and therefore a little bit more complicated, but only a few minutes of "snooping" is enough to understand how the whole thing works.
One of the best new additions : being able to see ALL the opponents connected and their team list. Then you can "adjust" your own team list accordingly. Very cool.

IMHO, a very satisfying system so far.

Very good job, gentlemen."

If I don't find a match with my preferred team for the evening and see there are coaches with only high TV teams in GF2 I will consider adding in more of my high TV teams to attract a match.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2022 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

1) an option to filter coaches by rank (for example: "Star or higher" and "Emerging Star or lower" or more granular, with a tick box for each coach rank); edit. the filter should prevent the selected coach ranks from being displayed on "All opponents on Gamefinder" list and should block offers from them as well.

2) an option to filter coaches by division (for example: "Competitive", "League", "Secret League", so, if I'm looking for game in Competitive division and a coach doesn't have any team in Competitive division he's not displayed on the "All opponents on Gamefinder";
alternatively, an option like this: "look for games in division..." with a tick box to select specific divisions.

3) automatically removing coaches in-game from the "All opponents on Gamefinder" list as soon as they start a game;

4) a black list to ban coaches; edit. a black listed coach should not appear on the "All opponents on Gamefider" nor he should be able to send you offers. The blocking must work both ways, not just one way.

Last edited by MattDakka on Jun 08, 2022 - 20:38; edited 2 times in total
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2022 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I had some early hiccups, but they haven't come back up. I like MattD's second suggestion, to filter by division. I really like the new team summary: simple and informative.

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2022 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to see the timeframes increased; if I come in, someone offers me a match, and I decline, I don't want to have to decline it again for at least 20 minutes. I'd be fine with it still showing as an option for me to suggest (and if I do so, then my opponent would be able to see it again), but I don't want to have the sound ping over and over for a matchup I know I don't want.

Similarly, I know coaches regularly walk away for 5 minutes to get a drink or something; so any matches I send out, I'd like to see lasting longer so that when the coach gets back, they can see the offer. Due to the first point above, I don't like sending out the same offer multiple times, but with a very fast offer speed, I 'have' to in order to check if they just missed it or not.

Therefore:
If a coach declines a match, the other coach should no longer be able to see that match for at least 20 minutes, but the coach who declined still can.
If a coach offers a match, the other coach should be able to see the offer for at least 10 minutes.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2022 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

+1 to Nelphine suggestions, although maybe 10 minutes could be too much, 5 minutes could suffice (maybe a minute option to decide the lasting time), anyway, the concept is right. An offer's "cooldown time" would be nice to have, some coaches use to flood you with their offers even if you clearly are not interested.

And yes, the offers disappear too fast to check them if they are many at the same time (today I accepted a TV gap I didn't want just because I could not check all the offers in time).
The expiring offer timer should last a bit longer, if possible, or at least be proportional to the number of offers. I explain.
If only 1 offer is made, 30 or 40 seconds are enough to check it, but for each further offer the timer could be increased a bit, for example +20 or 30 seconds.
The timer could be global, rather than specific for each offer. That way there would be more time to check the various offers.
HimalayaP1C7

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2022 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
3) automatically removing coaches in-game from the "All opponents on Gamefinder" list as soon as they start a game;

This was a bug in the initial release and has been fixed for a day or two.

MattDakka wrote:
4) a black list to ban coaches;

There is an option to hide coaches, its only visible when you are in the "All opponents on Gamefinder" and when that coaches teams are collapsed.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2022 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it a permanent hide option?
HimalayaP1C7

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2022 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

You can 'unhide' them on the settings page, but whilst they're listed as hidden you shouldn't see anything from them whilst you're on Gamefinder.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2022 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Got it, thanks! I thought it was just a temporary hiding.
Garion26

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2022 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

The additional data in matchup is very helpful particularly games played.
Sambre

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2022 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I find the count down when you get an offer a bit too quick. If I'm doing something else, I hear the sound but the time I click on the FumBBl tab and the offer is almost finished already.
Also as MattDakka suggested, I'd like to be able to filter "Competitive" and/or "Secret League".
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2022 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Echoing the filter.

I don't have any Ranked teams so I'd like to just be able to exclude them from my search.

Apart from that potential minor bonus, it seems great. Nice work
Malmir

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2022 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

If someone has 'hidden' me, is that why it says I'm not allowed to offer them matches? If so, wouldn't it be better if I just didn't see them either. I'm a nice person, honest. My self esteem is getting crushed Smile

Oh and the filter by league format seems an excellent suggestion too.
HimalayaP1C7

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2022 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Just been checking with Christer how this works. The hiding only works in one direction for now, you can still see and make offers to someone who has hidden you, your offers will just not be seen by them. If you’re seeing messages about not being able to make offers, it shouldn’t be related to other coaches hiding you.
 Jump to: