31 coaches online • Server time: 02:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post 4,000TV!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
vigil

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2004 - 12:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh. Thanks for the kind words never.. Looking forward to some nice comeback divisional playing, Twahn-willing. Be like old times but with more Dorian. Smile
theopacman

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2004 - 13:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you missunderstood Chunky the top four of each Conference would play off to see who goes up, Is what I am suggesting, not the old relegation/promotion type playoffs.This way Conferences are run the same as premier with finals to determine the team promoted.

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2004 - 08:17 Reply with quote Back to top

We decided long ago that playoffs are a bad thing as they only involve a percentage of the comp whilst the rest of us twiddle our thumbs...

The amount of coaches who disappeared after playoffs was astounding in the early days.

We will be running the Picnic whilst the Premier League Play Off Series is run, but the rest of us will have to make do with that...

I also should mention that the Top 4 in Premier League wont be eligible for Picnic as it is way too messy.

So, at the end of NEXT season, Premier League Top 4 playoff and we get to watch a true Grand Final and the rest of us get the hurried 3 day deadline per round Picnic!

1st Place in each Conference moves up to Premier League automatically.
PLATYPUS

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2004 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

What about that the top 4 in Premier League just enter the picnic later in the ko round.

E.g. reserve two spots (loosers of the Premier League semifinal) in the quater final and two spot in the semi final. Or may be better a round earlier.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2004 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>League News - Important</b>

Unfortunately, a game in our QPool competition has come to the attention of our admins (fumbbl's, not us) for not playing properly. Fumbbl administration has retired the two teams concerned and I presume has warned the coaches involved.

Not a good look for us.

So, I would like to draw your attention to the fumbbl requirement that all games are to be played in the appropriate spirit and within the rules. There are to be no rigged games, no "agreements" and no other conditions in any SWL tournament. QPool is a fun, free for all style comp, but that does not mean that teams can "up each other" by gimmicks and rigging results...

I think the coaches have learnt their lessons, but anyone else who does this will be punted from the SWL.

Clay
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2004 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

On a brighter note, can anyone currently in the Premier or Conference leagues is considering swapping teams etc, please let us know via the hotmail account.

Season 7 structures will be announced at end of Season 6 - but before Picnic.
Covertfun

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2004 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

We should all the follow the example of the well-established Qpool team the Wicker Men.

Foul the sh*t out of everyone! btw: i dunno if I've mentioned this to any admin apart from neverborn yet, but I'd like to put the Reagents into the pool, and the Wicker Men into the Divs to spread horror.

Horror. HORROR!
JoeKano

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2004 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Is the structure mentioned last page the one for sure or is their more change being considered Clay?

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2004 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

The Structure as per page 8 is set...

Just the 40 coaches needs to be sorted...

<b>Covertfun</b> - the divisions require a TR min of 150 to enter.... the Wicker Men stand at 139... plus we need more elves and less undead (particularly Khemri!)

Also, in general, we have very few (one?) Dark Elf team... too many Khemri, Dwarfs and Orcs... Chaos is also strongly represented...

Most of our elf teams are struggling and we havent seen a decent skaven team since Sewer Pipe Dream bit the dust!

I would like to see people play one bashy team and one passing team... if you have a bashy team in the Premier/Conf/Regional, you should really consider a passing team in the QPool and vice versa...

It is clear we are all going the bash... and it aint healthy for our elf friends!
Tank

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2004 - 02:17 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:

Most of our elf teams are struggling and we havent seen a decent skaven team since Sewer Pipe Dream bit the dust!

I would like to see people play one bashy team and one passing team... if you have a bashy team in the Premier/Conf/Regional, you should really consider a passing team in the QPool and vice versa...

I must admit i prefer playing with the bashy races, pure and simple. However i do agree, we need more non bashers. Maybe this oughta become SWL law. A way of enforced balance.
I realise people wanna play there prefered race's but when it comes to playing game after game of bashers it's kinda gonna get boring, with little more than an emphesis on injuries alone.

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2004 - 03:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I prefer my elf team actually, mostly cos my bashy teams seem to get the crap beat out them, regardless of who they play, so I'll swap my regional team (Orcs) with my qpool pro elves, and prolly retire the Orc team altogether.
Drokmar

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2004 - 04:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, Worry no more about the Lack of Rats Smile. I've decided that the Trashies have returned from thier tour of the Old world and Wish to resume, unplayed, in the Pool Next Season, and hopefully the main leagues the season after. Looking forward to having the rat pack Back on the Pitch.

Kath
PLATYPUS

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2004 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, we just missed each other. Can you play Monday?
Covertfun

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2004 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

bah... the Prince Reagents are such a team...

However, i started the Wicker Men because at the time i submitted them, Undead were a little underrepresented, (and were a change for me from aging and getting bashed with crappy FF luck and a couple of ones spelling the death of the team)

I would dearly love to start another team - the Reagents i fear will soon need to retire... depending on how the picnic goes. I will now look at which races are short in the qpool as well as the overall group, and make something like one of them.

Dark Elves, eh? certainly easier to get DP across the board with them Wink

well... I'm off to bed, really, but I'm thinking about it now... what team would really shake up the divs, but still be bashed by every bashy team in there?

It's a tough question...
andycapp

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2004 - 02:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm wondering whether the rules on the number of teams a coach has still stands?
eg. I have my Regional (sorry, hopefully now Conference) Orc team - Wanna Beatin at TR in the 190's. I also have my Dwarf team Glanlode Journeymen in the QPool at TR in the 160's.
I played the Dwarfs in case the Orcs had some unforseen events and had to retire, but they look OK.

Are coaches still only allowed ONE team in Premier/Conference/Regional, or does the new Regional Swamp act as a "bigger TR" QPool ?
ie. Can I start a brand-new team as well, or must I drop my Dwarf team to accommodate them ?

I know there are plenty of coaches in the same boat as me, especially those in Premier/Conference for the last couple of seasons.

Any comments or suggestions on this ?
cheers, andycapp.
 Jump to: