40 coaches online • Server time: 12:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Season Redraft:
It is a Must. Should strictly follows BB2020 User Manual rules (15 games sharp etc..,)
26%
 26%  [ 34 ]
It is a Must. But not strictly following BB2020 Manual (f.i : after more than 15 games and/or different redraft rules... )
23%
 23%  [ 30 ]
It is nice to have and can be implemented in several way. I am flexible.
23%
 23%  [ 31 ]
I don't like it, but I will accept to be done with one of the previous option
5%
 5%  [ 7 ]
I don't like at all and I think should NEVER be implemented in FUMBBL!
12%
 12%  [ 16 ]
Pie!
9%
 9%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 130

razmus

Post   Posted: May 19, 2023 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Edit: if team building is dead then resurrection and pre-built teams like in the FIFA World Cup seem like the way to go.

That format is available today in Super League, Tacklezone, and Secret Resurrection. A lot of fun.

I don't believe team building is dead. I'm led to believe that SWL has been redrafting for a really, really (really) long time. (I mean, it doesn't predate Thomas Austin and the whole rabbit fiasco... but it's close.) Classic Bowl and NWBL have been redrafting successfully using the BB2020 system for a while now. NCBB has it's own college football themed player retirement system which works really well.

All to say, I wouldn't start coffin shopping for team building yet. It's just going to be different.

Until the next set of changes. Who knows... maybe the next set of rules really will make passing better.

RDaneel

Post   Posted: May 19, 2023 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
A PM is not a real time advice. I asked to admin and sending a PM is not against the rule. Also, I didn't send you an advice about "how to play better", just a link to 1TTD guide because you wrote in game that it was the first time you tried it.
I will report you again then, since you keep on saying false things.

you send me a suggestion to a link who explain how to make 1ttm during a game where i was trying to make 1ttm. call how you want you were sending me a suggestion real time during a game… anyway as you want admin to be involved i will involve them again…
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 19, 2023 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

The fact is that you already tried to do it (the 1TTD), so it was a guide for you to use in the future.
Yes, you must learn the lesson, looks like you didn't.
I really can't stand people talking about respect and sense of community who are unable to be part of a community.
I sent you a guide and you threatened to report me and, instead of apologizing, now you keep on writing lies, such as that I gave you "real time" help or that sending a PM with a guide is against site rules.
End of trasmission. Don't interact with me anymore and to be safe, I quit the thread, so you are not disturbed by me either.
RDaneel

Post   Posted: May 19, 2023 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
RDaneel wrote:
Christer wrote:

As for the thread topic, I may be posting something longer-form as a blog. Need to collect my thoughts on it a bit and see if it forms into something even slightly coherent.

That's would be useful Christer thank you !
I am very interested in the re-draft and how it will be implemented !

We've already been told that but I can't remember where.

You can see the parameters though.

thanks I did not know this link. Noted.
Silent_Hastati

Post   Posted: May 20, 2023 - 03:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I also agree that the stacking agent fee is the big bugbear with the redraft rules, as it punishes and prevents the idea of just having some players long term on your team. That one I understand how it still would be useful for TT and it's smaller leagues that often do a total reset ever few seasons anyway. But the small amount of balance adjustment it adds isn't worth the tradeoff in an online system where players routinely go 10-20+ 'seasons' with one team.

A one time agent fee penalty that uniformly increases cost would still feel fair IMHO, as long as it didn't continue to stack extra cost every season. Or the agent fee penalty being scaled by player level instead, but that's getting into home brew rule ideas.

Post   Posted: May 20, 2023 - 10:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Exactly.

But you're gonna be looking at players like this guy or this guy.

It is not just about seasons. It is about the new skill selection system. That's why we have seasons. Without them it can get silly quickly.

An argument could be made that agent's fee should be added to TV. Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: May 20, 2023 - 13:15 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Exactly.

But you're gonna be looking at players like this guy or this guy.

Will redraft reduce the possibility to have such Teams / Players? And over all is this a problem for other coach or not?

If I look in the top 20 I see several Legends/Mega Star they play seldon in pure Box and often in Tournament and/or Trophy... (some like Spartako only in League ) Maybe is not only mine concern.... Or maybe the pure Box Competitive match making is too risk w/o redraft implemented (Because of loose cannons like the ones you mentioned )?
koadah

Post   Posted: May 20, 2023 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

You'll be able to have monster players but you won't have such a good squad around them when you redraft.

If a system can be exploited, Fumbbl coaches will figure out how. Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 20, 2023 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
You'll be able to have monster players but you won't have such a good squad around them when you redraft.

Last Minor's final i played https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=4459978 learned me that is sufficient to have 3 monster player to be OP. Elf, UW for instance can easilky score provided their Gutter remain in the field. A team of Orcs with a SH +MA +MA Blodge, Break Tackle, Side Step Blitzer can have around him normal player who can be sacrified during the match... at the end with such monsters you find a way to score with a series of 2+2+2+ which is not so complicated to do if you have dodge or reroll left.

So the stat freak players for me they are a limitation of the beautiful game, you don't need such complex puzzles you just need to protect them enough to get them safely to the end of the game in fact these min maxed teams only lose when one of these players is taken out (by a bomb, or for arguing with the referee)

I am not a fan of minmax because require to train a team for long time and i do not play teams for more than 30 matches. But naturally if this will be the case and if redraft will not mitigate this I will start minmax me too sooner or later
Chingis

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2023 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Since season redrafts seem to be in the competitive division (I haven't got a team that far yet, so haven't seen how it works in practice!), I assume temporary retirements are also implemented, since healing temporary retirees seems to be one of the main benefits of seasonal redrafts? I'm just wondering how you temporarily retire players, since I can't see it anywhere obvious.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2023 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Redrafts are not here yet. They will be coming but can't say when.

Probably not imminent I think.

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2023 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

you don't see it because Season Redraft is not yet active on Fumbbl. Sooner or later it will come and it will be fun.
HimalayaP1C7

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2023 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Even when implemented, temporarily retiring probably won’t be all that popular. They still take up the positional slot for the remainder of the season and you also don’t find out if their injury healed until after you’ve redrafted them.
Chingis

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2023 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool, thanks for the info everyone!
BeanBelly

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2023 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

RDaneel wrote:
koadah wrote:

Last Minor's final i played https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=4459978 learned me

Woo hoo! My team got a mention : )

That is a disgusting Legend Gutter Runner I agree. I recall I was able to stall really hard in that game because I knew that only snake eyes would stop that player scoring.

But… I am also okay-to-decent at coaching Blood Bowl. For example I just posted a reasonable score in BBT with rookie teams, and none of them Tier 1. We took on our fair share of orcs, dorfs, UW etc.. and it was fine.

I don’t think the meta is broken or anything dramatic like that.