45 coaches online • Server time: 21:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2023 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, I played a game vs an opponent not using the client's automove and that wasted lot of my time. The game almost lasted 1 hour even if I skipped my own turns during his offensive drive.
He didn't use it because he was afraid of misclicks, but I use the automove and it doesn't make me misclick because the pathing automatically avoids the dodges. I explained him that in three matches but he kept on not using the automove.
As an aside, his moves didn't even require tricky pathings, so there was no reason not to use the automove.
Thus I very kindly, politely and humbly suggest to remove with a patch the "disabled automove" option from the client.
The client should always use the automove, otherwise some people could be afraid of using it.

Thanks for attention!
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2023 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

You want to force other people to do something they don't want to?

What is wrong with you
Volkajo

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2023 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I am not sure I have ever posted anything on this forum, but I watched the game you are referencing where you said you would request this.

It shows the utter disrespect you have for other people. Personally I am not only happy but proud that Candlejack, Christer and co care about accessibility and q.o.l. features this much. Tons of video games don't care about leaving a few percent behind here and there but FUMBBL does a massive effort to be open and inclusive to evereyone.

You always assume because you can do something, it should be easy for everybody. Play quick turns, build stat freaks, find the correct time slots to play, not play defence. Everything is easy for Matt, so why is not everybody good at it?
There are people who don't have it easy. Some people can't see squares probably, are not good with numbers, whatever. Let's help them with our patience to enjoy the game just as much as we do. If I have a slow opponent, I work on the side, chat with friends, do my laundry. It is fine. Maybe these people are good at things you are not. I don't know you as a person but watching a few of your games, some things come to mind: Doing non-obvious one-turners, playing non Tier 1, defending with elves, being kind. Other people forgive you every day for your flaws, maybe it is respectful to do the same at times. People are different and that's great.

I am very much aware that this might be deleted by the moderators since it can be seen as an open attack, insult, etc. but when the very thing I value most in this game – the community spirit – is under attack, I can't help myself.

For reference, this was the ingame chat:

<Tuga> gz
<MattDakka> ty
<MattDakka> I will ask to remove the disable automove option after this game
<MattDakka> on forums
<Tuga> I like it better this way, so I don't make as many mistakes
<MattDakka> it's not true
<MattDakka> I use the automove
<MattDakka> and I don't make mistakes
<MattDakka> because the pathing automatically avoids the dodges
<MattDakka> you can misclick with automove on or off
<MattDakka> it speeds up the game
<MattDakka> it's already super slow for me
<MattDakka> I would play with 2 minute turns if I could
<MattDakka> 4 games per day easily that way
<Tuga> i will try next game
<MattDakka> if it was bad I would not use it
<MattDakka> also, it's not that hard to use orcs
<MattDakka> 2d blocks all turns
<MattDakka> no fancy moves
<MattDakka> with tricky pathing
<MattDakka> I could understand the automove off with agile teams like mine
<MattDakka> which require some thinking about the pathing
<MattDakka> glad I'm not defending
<MattDakka> maybe the game will be under 1 hour
<MattDakka> gz
<Tuga> thx
<Tuga> lol
<Tuga> gg
<MattDakka> gg
<MattDakka> see you
<MattDakka> no need to waste 1 hour to score
<MattDakka> \o specs
<MattDakka> time waster has been righteously punished
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2023 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

It is at times like this that someone usually puts in a request to be able to disable chat Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2023 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, when I play certain people, I do so myself Smile

Help -> chat commands -> move pop up over chat box.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2023 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Using the automove with Orcs doesn't make people misclick, it's just their own perception because, as I said, the pathing automatically avoids the dodges, also, the automove is not that fast either, so it's easy to check the pathing even with the automove on.
I won't repeat that, because I'm clearly talking with people not wanting to understand such simple thing (or deliberately trolling me).
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2023 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I think if you dont want to automove you should not use automove ?

Easy, no ?

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2023 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

The misclick is clicking on a space far away that you didnt want to, and autopathing using all your movement to get there so you cant recover from it.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2023 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Considering that the client's size can be increased (thus the squares are bigger) it's really hard to misclick in the way you described.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2023 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

No, it's not. You dont get to decide what is easy or hard for other people. It may be hard for you, that is your judgement to make, which is why you're willing to use autopathing
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2023 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

If it were hard, most of my opponents would not use the automove.
Since most of my opponents use the automove (thank Nuffle!) I assume that it's not that hard to use it, at least judging it by a statistical point of view.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2023 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

And as Volkajo mentioned, by allowing the option, we remain open to people making an accurate judgement call about their own, and their hardware's, abilities. We don't leave people behind because we make that assumption.

That inclusion of all, without pressuring then to meet an arbitrary standard, makes me proud to be part of this site.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2023 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I see. Then, if no automove option can't be removed, I will not use the automove either as retaliation.
Let's play a really slow game.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2023 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

jfc. ok, i'm on team pc

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2023 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
I see. Then, if no automove option can't be removed, I will not use the automove either as retaliation.
Let's play a really slow game.

You need to chill out dude. This is a video game.
 Jump to: