29 coaches online • Server time: 10:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Gridironman

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2023 - 02:35 Reply with quote Back to top

BeanBelly wrote:
Curiosity drove me to watch the game I took part in.. and fair play really good commentary @gridironman

Of course I’d love the ‘right to reply’ as to why I made some choices, but regardless I thought you called it well.

Covering all the games does seem a big task. As long as you’re enjoying it it is ok, though please don’t feel any pressure to be completist about it, ‘tis all just a bit of daft fun : )

Thanks

Which match, I will need to allow all comments, disabling comments is not cool--purely an accident.

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2023 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Sheffield Stealers was my team. Hypothetical right to reply really (not actually doing so). I meant if I was co-commementating I would have chipped in stuff like “I didn’t follow up because of the surf risk” that sort of thing. But I think you covered things well, no complaints.

I’m sure I will watch some if your vids of later rounds. Cheers

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2023 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Gridironman wrote:
I will check to see if all comments are allowed--which team are you so I can fix that.

Err, I'm a bit confused now. I'm not playing in the tournament.
I was just wondering about what teams are considered forlorn on Java's list. Because I remembered Amazons won Fumbbl Cup II and as Java pointed out Ogres also won a major before.
So as far as I'm concerned all questions are answered.

Edit: Ah never mind, you meant BeanBelly and just mistakenly quoted my post.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2023 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Who was it who did the star player analysis for previous tournaments? Was it Nelphine?
How many games each star played in, and what their wins / losses were

I'm particularly curious about Varag, he's been a very busy ghoul chewer since the megastars got banned and probably has a good winrate% as well
ramchop

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2023 - 22:47
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Varag cost me a shot at penalties with a double skull. Well, him and his idiot coach telling him to throw that block in the first place.
Gridironman

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2023 - 04:11 Reply with quote Back to top

BeanBelly wrote:
Sheffield Stealers was my team. Hypothetical right to reply really (not actually doing so). I meant if I was co-commementating I would have chipped in stuff like “I didn’t follow up because of the surf risk” that sort of thing. But I think you covered things well, no complaints.

I’m sure I will watch some if your vids of later rounds. Cheers

Oh just a good reason for me to keep the coaches anonymous really. I do not have plans to coordinate schedules, I have tight windows. I would be open to that though.

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2023 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

It sounds cool but I haven't actually watched any. The team names don't mean anything to me.
I don't see The Terrifying Anarchists, Nandorins, Ultimate Superheroes, Competitive Eaters etc.

When the title includes "Fumbbl Cup Final" or "Semi Final" it will mean something. But right now for me it would be the coach name that is the draw.

We can of course go to the Tournament page and look up the games but it is an extra step which will be even more hassle when the tournament is over.

With coach names the playlist has more value and stands better on it's own.

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2023 - 11:02 Reply with quote Back to top

ramchop wrote:
Varag cost me a shot at penalties with a double skull. Well, him and his idiot coach telling him to throw that block in the first place.

He also gave you a shot at overtime before Idea
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2023 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Upper Half:

Human vs Wood Elf
vs
Pro Elf vs (Underworld vs Chaos Dwarf)

vs

Snotling vs Dwarf
vs
Orc vs Orc

Bottom Half:

(Wood Elf vs Vampire) vs Necromantic
vs
Khemri vs Orc

vs

(Underworld vs Khorne) vs Skaven
vs
(Orc vs Orc) vs Orc

Races remaining
6 Orcs
2 Underworld
2 Wood Elf
1 Human
1 Pro Elf
1 Chaos Dwarf
1 Snotling
1 Dwarf
1 Vampire
1 Necromantic
1 Khemri
1 Khorne
1 Skaven

Last edited by Nelphine on %b %12, %2023 - %23:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
tussock

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2023 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Only two orc teams to make the quarter-finals, shocking!

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2023 - 06:48 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
It sounds cool but I haven't actually watched any. The team names don't mean anything to me.
I don't see The Terrifying Anarchists, Nandorins, Ultimate Superheroes, Competitive Eaters etc.

When the title includes "Fumbbl Cup Final" or "Semi Final" it will mean something. But right now for me it would be the coach name that is the draw.

We can of course go to the Tournament page and look up the games but it is an extra step which will be even more hassle when the tournament is over.

With coach names the playlist has more value and stands better on it's own.

If the coaches are okay with me posting their names they can let me know here. In my experience it is less of a headache for myself and the coaches involved if it does not provide identifiers.

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2023 - 07:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Gridironman wrote:

If the coaches are okay with me posting their names they can let me know here. In my experience it is less of a headache for myself and the coaches involved if it does not provide identifiers.

Thanks for doing all those vids - an incredible amount of work. I'm looking forward to seeing the ones from round two onwards where games get tighter. I'm fine with you using my name or not - whatever is easier.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2023 - 08:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Im also fine with you using my name.
Gridironman

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2023 - 08:22 Reply with quote Back to top

This episode is a methodology to show the value of matches without being coach focused.
I was planning to do this anyways--for me the playlist is more of an old internet thing like a time capsule for me to watch at a later time. If people like it all the better if not, that is okay. https://youtu.be/7yRaNam49PE

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2023 - 08:31 Reply with quote Back to top

You can use my name (whether it's not really my name) when i don't play crappy.
When i do, just call me Merry or Java.
 Jump to: