17 coaches online • Server time: 05:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you play in this type of league? (Read the post!)
Yes
68%
 68%  [ 101 ]
No
25%
 25%  [ 37 ]
Maybe if it was different, ill explain below!
6%
 6%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 147

Aconite

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2005 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, this one started out so well that I only came in as a second reserve (despite still being there from the offset), so am playing with a team I've never played as before and still enjoying this tournament.

Play people, Play!

(Brad Osberg)
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey all,

My next opponent Webbe has told me he has quit all fumbbl bar the Swedish League...

Can someone award me the win so i can continue in my quest for mediocrity?

Cheers,
Clay
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2005 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

For me this just highlights how difficult it is to get people to finish tournaments.

At least if we had some sort of stats on coaches/tourneys played, we could avoid the ones that just quit !
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2005 - 12:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Exactly! Whilst I am finding it difficult to get games done in this league mainly due to the time differences (with me being an Aussie and all!) I only commit to leagues i am prepared to stick through. Feel free to check my record...

A "League Stat" of some sort would be appreciated...
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2005 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:
Exactly! Whilst I am finding it difficult to get games done in this league mainly due to the time differences (with me being an Aussie and all!) I only commit to leagues i am prepared to stick through. Feel free to check my record...

A "League Stat" of some sort would be appreciated...

See: http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=5199
And post something on there to agree, hopefully we can get this through by force of numbers! Smile
heinz

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2005 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Well well, this wonderfull tournament is drawing to an end. I must say I've enjoyed evry single game played and would like to thank all opponents for putting up with the nasty ogres in good spirit. Also thanks to brownrob and G_force for keeping the tournament running despite of multiple quitters, summer break and other stuff.

I'm surprised that the league is so consistently dominated by bashing teams, but with all the replacements and forfeits, the points do not tell the whole story. My overall sportsmanship vote goes to Falcone for keeping his Woodies in the tourney after getting beat up more than one time.

Cheers says
heinz

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2005 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, have to agree with what Heinz said... but don't mention those Woodies of Falcones... my defeat to him, a true giant killing performance, will probably mean me missing out on a tournament win! Razz

Cheers for playing all, well, those that did! Smile And thanks to the organisers as always, without whom this would not be possible!

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2005 - 11:52 Reply with quote Back to top

If you are looking at running one of these again, I would like to play.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2005 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

This season is going on 9 months! Laughing but ive havd fun in my games too, the real hero here is G_Force who kept the show running (and still is) while I have had far too much stuff to do in real life Sad

Id do another one, but its tough to keep going, I have a plan to do a BB world cup next (Nicking an idea from TBB) but insteadof nations, it will be BB races! and to qualify for the final tourney you have to make it past the race qualifiers Smile but that in the future Smile
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2005 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

brownrob wrote:
This season is going on 9 months!

I hope that you remember the promise you gave me before 9 months that you will not belete this big round robin after it is finished and you will rename it from "Season 1" to "Fumbbl Premiership" as it is deserved to be named Wink

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2005 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like its almost over. Its been an awesome tourney, I have some great fun with great opponents and enjoyed it. Unfortunatly the premiership has been marred with dropouts and forfited games. And I have to admit, I've been one of those, having lost connection for a few weeks putting me out of contention for the top spot which I occupied once upon a time... lol

Good luck and thanks to all the coaches involved, I'd play everyone single one of you again. I think that I've gained 3rd or 4th place, which is great in a table of 20 coaches!

GL and have fun guys.

Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2005 - 19:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the end is oh so near... I have this feeling that the top spot will elude me as I have Jokaero's Ogre beating Dwarf team to get past, to make sure I get 3 points, and I need Brownrob and his goblins to play the game of their season, pulling off at least a draw for me to go ahead of Captain1821...

Ok... so second place here I come... well, joint 2nd place anyway! Very Happy

Hmmm, maybe Brownrob should forfeit a win to himself! Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2005 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

we tried, but giving up 70TR to a chaos side didt help matters at all...

We hired the saw and the bomber, but then the chaos retaliated by paying the saw to run off with the money!

The gobs lost both trolls in first 2 turns to KO's (one stayed out the whole match) but the bomber was proving his worth blowing open their pocket and allowing the gobs to pinch the ball, a scramble ensued and the gobs went into half time having held the +70TR chaos to 0-0

2nd half started and the ref ejected the bomber so we were down to 6 players but we tried our best, but the chaos bought the referee and were able to foul 7 times in the second half without noticing! there just werent enough gobs standing and couldnt stop the choas running in 2 easy touchdowns!

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=934657

Congrats captain1821 on winning the league
xcver

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2005 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

This sounds interesting. Races that no one wanted should be distributed by lottery to those coaches that didnt get one as should those that are tied in votes. But finding ONE time 2 times a week to play is ridiculously unrealistic. First of all you need to have people with nearly no social life to commit to 2 times every week and next you have the timezone problem that arrives if people from continets outside europe participate.

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2005 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Um... xcver? Did you realize there are 23 pages of the on-going Premiership that is working out fairly well?