45 coaches online • Server time: 10:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
theopacman

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2005 - 12:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Now being one of the eldest in SWL it won't surprise me if it's staring me in the face and i can't see it but,.....

Where is this Veterans League ?

Want to transfer apply etc.. with the frollikars but got lost
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2005 - 12:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Veterans League can be found HERE!

We will wait until Season 9 is set before we set up any sort of pool or league here....
PLATYPUS

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2005 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

How serious is the Veterans League? Beat the crap out of each other to win titles and destroy other teams. Or will the good old days come back?

E.g. I could either retire my injured Maniac players and rebuild them in the Q-pool. Or leave the injured players and don't give a shit about if they take a break every 6th or 3rd game (like old players do ).
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2005 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

PLATYPUS wrote:
How serious is the Veterans League? Beat the crap out of each other to win titles and destroy other teams. Or will the good old days come back?

E.g. I could either retire my injured Maniac players and rebuild them in the Q-pool. Or leave the injured players and don't give a shit about if they take a break every 6th or 3rd game (like old players do ).

Well, the Vets League I think should be for fun but for carnage and for the old and crippled players in the league...

Its were a Vladim Oslobahn and a Duke Snakefield could fight it out despite their aging...

I would recommend that if you send the Mammallians, send them as is.
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2005 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

PLATYPUS wrote:
How serious is the Veterans League?

To be more exact in the answer PLAT, it has never been used Wink The Vets league was created by chunky and thus far has done nothing more than serve as a holding pen for a few teams. I think there will be some sort of "scheduled" league of sorts this season, most likely in an open round robin. As to style? Well...let us vets make it what we want Wink Of course chunky is having computer issues and he may not be able to get it "fired up" for awhile yet.

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2005 - 01:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I can answer from work though.

The idea was that players would just use a bit of initiative and get their own games going - you could have a 3 game series between Carlton and the Dragons with format if you wanted to for example.

It failed miserably though, so it seems some sort of structure will be needed - problem is, I don't reckon any of the available structures will work for this league.

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2005 - 01:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Best idea for the Veterans league is probably to have a large staff base and make small (4, 8 or 16 team) KO tourneys when you can organise enough people to play (you probably wouldnt want to play all the games back to back but still you would give people some kind of time limit maybe 10 days/round or so)
PLATYPUS

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2005 - 02:11 Reply with quote Back to top

If it is something like, former rivals meet up for a game (league) and drink a beer afterwards while chatting about the good old days, then I am up for it. Then winning doesn't matter so much. Playing because of the good old times.

That means that my nig players and double nig players will stay in the team and help out when the old bones allow it Wink
chunky04

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2005 - 04:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Thats the general idea of it Plat, which is why the league settings fumbbl has to offer don't really work that well. The problem is, the best format would be a completely open format, but people seem to want all the work done for them before they bother.

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2005 - 07:49 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL 9 Draft Changes

After seeing the prem draw Chunky's Bash D (Chaos) have stepped down claiming technical issues (sif Blood Bowl is technical!) Wink

Zen Adepts (Flo711) have been promoted to the Premiership.

The German Vermin (Symmetrical) have been promoted to Conferences.

The Southern Waste Warriors (SonofSharkboy) have been added to Regionals.

Latest draft can be seen here (pdf).
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2005 - 08:05 Reply with quote Back to top

chunky04 wrote:
The problem is, the best format would be a completely open format, but people seem to want all the work done for them before they bother.

Well...maybe chunky...but in fairness the fact is there weren't (and still aren't) all that many teams actually signed up for Vets. And given the group page itself suggests that SWL action, both Div play and qpool, are to be given first priority I would suggest the coaches who DO have teams over there were busy with those games.

When all is sorted and the league fleshes itself out then I expect to see some action over there. But as it stands (and may remain) Vets is but a U game for a bit of fun...and as it seems to be shaping up, all of us love numbers next to the team name Wink

But as an as an active archive of the SWL I still applaud it's inclusion and look forward to all the charity matches over there when they eventuate.

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2005 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

yeh, i wouldn't mind wheeling the old cripples of the black tide out again for another run round the paddock. Anyone up for a game, because the Beasts are just where i want em for entry into Season 9 so no more Chunks for them.........

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2005 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Fooll, so long as your team is at 200TR before you play your first scheduled game for Seaons 9, you're good. So don't cull them until you have to. Smile

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2005 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Guys,

The Chunkathon needs to end very soon... and we need to start Season 9...

The hinderence is a few too many bashy teams...

If I can get one coach to drop their bashy squad, I have a solution to the middle range issue with 14 teams and we can go into Season 9 with a 14-13-13 split. If we don't get a volunteer soon, we will be forced to choose and I will cull 2 bashy teams.

We have guys in the Regionals itching to step up to Conf, and we admins will need to take action very soon.

Use the email to communicate with us, we have had a few emails re teams etc but not one from a bashy coach saying "I'd like to promote my non-bashy QPool team"
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2005 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

[edit]

Adjustment was made.... many thanks to neverborn who retired the SmackDown (Khemri) and brought in his Pro Elf QPool Team the Minor Dieties... this took bashy teams to 14...

I then dropped the Dragons (despite the Channel BB report, they were looking shaky) and have brought in Mr Whippy's Donut Boys!

We now need to wrap things up, sort out some balanced divisions and the Season will start very soon.

Round 1 will be an extended round due to the mass culling that needs to go on....
 Jump to: