38 coaches online • Server time: 10:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2005 - 01:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, I just found that a minute ago. If the guy already on there doesn't want to jump in for the inactive player mentioned above, I'd love to do it. I'm going to go make a team right now. A few questions first: Are there any other limits besides "no wizards"? Like can I have piles of rerolls, ect?
Thanks!
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2005 - 01:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Have a look at some of the teams in the group already... you'll get the idea... you can have as many rerolls cheerleaders and assistant coaches as you like.

Remember Big Guys can't use rerolls. And all the above will bump up your Team Rating... and you may want some spare cash in case your player dies... ie you will need to replace him with someone!

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2005 - 01:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, thanks.
One more thing just occured to me. Say I had a chainsawer. It's the second half, and I'm down one to nothing. I start up my chainsaw, and kill my opponent's player. However, I can't pick up the ball, so I lose on the scoreboard. Who wins?
R_Spiskit

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2005 - 02:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Since the game winner is decided on touchdowns, him. You need someone who can score. If you want to kill, then score, take a big guy.
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2005 - 03:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I have gone the way of the Wardancer. Yes, another one. It was that or a dwarf (which I doubt would have worked very well).
djbigjake

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2005 - 04:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd also like to be added to the waiting list. I just applied with my Troll Slayer, seems like this would be fun and quick.
PhilMan

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2005 - 10:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodpecker7 wrote:
I have gone the way of the Wardancer. Yes, another one. It was that or a dwarf (which I doubt would have worked very well).

djbigjake wrote:
I just applied with my Troll Slayer

heh Rolling Eyes

"Best Bar in This Street"
mstrchef13

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2005 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodpecker7 wrote:
Okay, thanks.
One more thing just occured to me. Say I had a chainsawer. It's the second half, and I'm down one to nothing. I start up my chainsaw, and kill my opponent's player. However, I can't pick up the ball, so I lose on the scoreboard. Who wins?

Just a quick reminder... if your chainsaw gets thrown out of the game after the first TD, you will likely lose really badly. I just saw it happen in an IT game.

Oh, and you lose, 1-0. The score counts, not the body count.
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2005 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Why make an Old World team? To be able to buy more expensive re-rolls so you can have less re-rolls to use and so that each re-roll will bloat your TR more, meaning you'll be giving more handicaps for your opponent?

I'm not complaining, though. Carry on! Smile

Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2005 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Me? Because the players are cheaper.
I've signed up and and been admitted to the league, but I don't seem to be on the waiting list. Could someone fix that?
djbigjake

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 03:16 Reply with quote Back to top

PhilMan wrote:
Woodpecker7 wrote:

djbigjake wrote:
I just applied with my Troll Slayer

heh Rolling Eyes

I guess I should take the one vs. one tournament more seriously and pick something else then.

Wait, no.
Jkaen

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I wondered about the old world thing for a wehile too, until I realised you had cheaper linemen to retire and hence could actually buy more
G_Force

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

that's as may be but retireing linos are a one off thing, expensive rerolls and TR are for life (just like a puppy)

DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I think i know... If i get my internet back, I'm coming for you all.... My all Mighty Booger The Snotling will spit on your corpse and laugh in your face!!!!

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

G_Force wrote:

One of the guys in our group (B) has not been online for 6 days and is holding up the schedule. how about we swap him for one of the subs and get this party really rolling.

Has this guy become active? If not, have you found a replacement? I'll do it if you haven't. Wink
 Jump to: