43 coaches online • Server time: 10:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JoeKano

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2005 - 06:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, like i said Snorri, when i saw how good it was it didna matter no more. Donuts will always be gratefully accepted ofc......

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2005 - 07:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Miyuso wrote:
I spoke to Faib last night about this Annachie, and he said Narre Warren. And you can't say thats too far ;p

Brad

I can too say it's too far if'n I wana.

Where's that goddam tongue poke smiley? Smile
chunky04

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2005 - 07:48 Reply with quote Back to top

That reminds me JK, I do have a couple of things I wouldn't mind putting together for the Annual that I'll have to get put together.

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2005 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Twahnlow ladders for Season 10 are up! Let me know if anything quirky is happening with your players stats - Snorriheim's goblins have been know to occasionally cause havoc.

Gumbi already pointed out the quirky accent characters - dont worry bout them for the time being. I'm still a gumbi at this and haven't figured out a solution yet - bloody unicode and character variants still bamboozle me Wink

Snorri.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2005 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>ROUND 1 NEWS</b>

Round 1 has been mostly played. Bartgoon and DaemonicLazoth have an extension and we have replaced the mysterious Mijjy with Southee.

Congrats Southee and welcome to the big leagues!

All other games were played, which is great to see!
Sp00n

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2005 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

hey ppl - just was looking through the league tables and noticed something which doesn't quite sit right...

You get 5 points for a win and 1 point for a loss. So I would have assumed 3 points for a tie would be just, but instead you get 2 points for a tie.

Using this system a team which won 2 games and lost 5 would have a better total than a team with a more respectable result of 7 draws.

Any thoughts?
PLATYPUS

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2005 - 01:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Talking about points in leagues. In the TR100 league you get 3points for a win and ine for a draw.

How did fool get 15 points out of 4 games???
chunky04

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2005 - 02:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Plat - TR100 has been reset a few times, and we've made sure to keep the points intact on each occasion as the winner of the league gets first pick in the draft - problem is the league was originally 5-2-1 scoring in the same way as divisions. At some stage we'll have to go back through and fix this up with the new scoring.

As for the sp00ns point, there are good points and bad points to this part of it. You've pointed out the bad part, but the good is that it encourages positive play for people to go for the win, rather than perhaps stalling for the draw, as the rewards for a win are higher.

The main problem I'd say is the fact that we give 1 point for a loss - to provide some incentive for people to play games (ie 0 points for a forfeit). We may look at making ti negative points for a forfeit, but the problem there is once you get one forfeit - why not just say bugger it and forfeit the entire season?

We'll take a look at the scoring at the end of the season.

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2005 - 03:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Chunky, I'm was TR 100 always 5-2-1, because I know I got 0 for a loss one game, not this current round though.
chunky04

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2005 - 03:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Oops, I think it may actually have been 5-2-0. Either way, will have to go back at some stage and clear it all up and make sure it is appropriate to the current scoring format (which WILL NOT change in order to avoid anymore such occurences!)

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2005 - 05:33 Reply with quote Back to top

In this seasons TR100 league it is very easy coz all teams started in the season with a record of 0/0/0.

Any system is fine with me but it should be the same through out the season Smile Currently there are different points for the same record.

Just wanted to let you know. Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

PLATYPUS
Covertfun

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2005 - 06:36 Reply with quote Back to top

If we DO change the scoring at the end of the season, it would provide a good opportunity to reward teams that score, by providing league points for TDs. This would mean that scoring teams needn't cull quite so often and can allow their TR to climb a bit more.

Just a thought Smile
chunky04

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2005 - 07:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally (ie not talking in any admin capacity) I dislike the idea of rewarding either TDs or CAS. Apart from potentially introducing problems where high scoring losses and draws can end up with more points than a win, the kicker for me is that a hard fought 2-1 win (note that this can happen to agility teams as well as bashy) should not be worth less than a 4-0 blowout. Giving points for anything other than win loss draw has always backfired in every league I've seen use it IMO.

Given that many of the changes in the last few seasons have been made with regards to restoring some balance to the scoring teams, I'd much rather give it a while to see how its working in that regard than make changes for that reason again.

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2005 - 07:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I personally love the TR100 format - it's a very even contest every game - it works well. You can beat up, foul and do what ever because there's no long term consequences to anyone - it's all fun and every game will be starting off on an even keel.

I've gone off the boil with Qpool. It was great when it was easy to get a game, but most regulars are now high TR and new people have small TR - it makes getting a game easily a difficult affair. Regardless the reason the TR150 cap was removed, I think it would have been better left in place.

Lil Leeg is fun as always, but I admit a formulated divisional tournament structure rather than open round robin would make it fairer and more interesting.

Div gaming is da bomb - as always.

Just my humble little 2 cents.

Cheers
chunky04

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2005 - 08:49 Reply with quote Back to top

OK folks, TR100 rankings should (in theory) be correct now. Let me know if any still seem out of whack.