41 coaches online • Server time: 15:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Must be so, Curro. Must be so.

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2005 - 02:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Curro wrote:
<b>KhorneliusPraxx</b>
Quote:

Is it possible...that a Gnome team will ever win a game?

<b>coffindodger</b>
Quote:

No!

And what happens when a Gnome team plays another gnome team? Tied matches everytime?

This thread was made for a friend of mine.
He made a Gnome team for a league I started.
The teams are only allowed to play league games assigned by the computer so he will never face another Gnome team because nobody else made one.
Synn

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2005 - 03:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Gnomes are an interesting matchup for stunty teams. They are actually better on defense then offense and tend not to leave the field willingly. The key to bombers is to aim for empty squares. Helps avoid the throwbacks.

DT tends to make all teams slow in stunty so once you are about tr 160.... that MA of 4 doesn't hurt too much. The cannon needs pass immediately and then you get to start launching your own guys into creative situations. It may seem hard to pulp teams but hey, be persistent.

Also, don't score until you have to. Losing the bombers sucks.

Peace,
__Synn
**Thanks Alanir for referencing my team. Twisted Evil
KhorneliusPraxx

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2005 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

"in stunty"

I'm not talking about Stunty League!!!!!!
Again...I mean in Unranked League against regular teams.

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2005 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Against regular teams Gnomes stand no chance.
Maybe against bashers the bombs will open a cage or two, but really...

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2005 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

meh...my gobbos beat the same khemri team twice in a row in grudge league...the first time, 1-0..though i took 2/1/2 on cas..heh...

the second time i forced a concession after i stat dropped a blitzer and a skele, and killed a mummy....

it's doable....key options for winning with stunties against regular teams....be dirty....hire stars(if your league allows it, and if you've got 250k sitting around Wink ), don't be afraid to foul...in fact...foul... a lot....the best defense for a stunty team is knocking out the weakest players ont he opposing team one by one....pick your shots wisely..you'd be surprised how often an 11 man rookie team will beat a 4-5 man veteran team with lots of skills....don't always fall for taking out the big nasty star......and most of all...don't worry when players get injured..they're stunty...it's *GOING* to happen...repeatedly....they're cheap enough you can replace a few every game with good winnings....

also use the dodge/stunty combo to your advantage...if a player isn't going to throw a block, or an assist, get him out of a tackle zone, so he can't be blocked....and i always find it good to leave one expendable player next to a big guy to keep them occupied....can't count the amount of times, the big guy has knocked imself over trying to put down a st2 gobbo Very Happy...

(and yes, strategies for gobbos work with gnomes Wink....)

--j

ImageImage
DaGhuty

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2005 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

The best strategy for stunties agains normal teams is truly the fouling! U must start fouling and if the oppo is dumb enough to foul back u'll get another foul for free Smile And even he does not foul back foul him until he does Very Happy I might be repeating the previous posts but u cant underestimate the power of repeated gang fouling. Thats the key to the victory cause the oppo becomes overly interested of beating ur linos and forgets about the ball. So after that it's pretty easy to score.

I personally would have picked a halfling team due the roll stealing cheff and cheaper linos to sacrifice but I guess gnomes have their good points too.
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2005 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Gnomes can win.. My neighbour has a whole legion of em.. redhatted evil demon gardeners.. I lie awake at night listening to them...

The moment i fall asleep they will gnaw at my shrubberies.. and when my shrubberies run out.. oh the horror...

Garden gnomes will kill us all.. One day they will take off their red gardening slavery hats and then the day of reckoning will come..
Plagues will torment the fields, pestilence will strike down the meek.. Death the strong.. Darkness will cover the lands as legions of Ubergnomes move in to enslave the inferior race which is humanity...

They come i tell you! They come!

And a Janmattys shall lead them! Run Mortals..Run Cower and fear for the Gnomepocalypse!

*mumbles and rants on*

GNOMES I TELL YOU! They'll win EVERYTHING! EVERYTHING!!!!!

RUN!... For all that is holy!..

Gnomes....

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2005 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Finally... at least I'm not the only one that fears the garden gnomes. Shocked
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2005 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

can't sleep...
garden gnomes'll eat me....

can't sleep...

--j

ImageImage
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2005 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Mordus wrote:
Finally... at least I'm not the only one that fears the garden gnomes. Shocked

They are worse than clowns....

I suspect clowns to be the primary scouting force for the garden gnome armada... I'm not paranoid.. I saw it all.. they are after us.. wheelbarrels, garden hoses..red hats.. how could they not be after us... All the signs point in this direction..

May god have mercy upon our souls when the gnomes invade.. but don't mind me.. I'll just sit in a corner and whisper i told you so while bobbing my head up and down erratically until their gardeny wrath descends upon my unworthy flesh... They come... just wait.

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2005 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
can't sleep...

can't sleep...

--j

join me in my GGDU (Garden Gnome Destruction Union) We will fight back the redhatted plague!..... Or die trying *shiver*

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2005 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm, perhaps your garden variety gnome is just a foot soldier, you know, like a storm trooper, only small and red, and perhaps their evil masters are even more terrible than we suspected?
Perhaps Gnome Overlords, or GnomerLords.......

"Hugh Mann eh? Now theres a name I can trust!"
Me Loves Futurama
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2005 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Furious_George wrote:
Hmmm, perhaps your garden variety gnome is just a foot soldier, you know, like a storm trooper, only small and red, and perhaps their evil masters are even more terrible than we suspected?
Perhaps Gnome Overlords, or GnomerLords.......

We'll need bigger guns... we need...... An arnold Schwarzenegger type Gnominator... with big guns, a metal body, big guns, a bionic eye, big guns, and err... big guns.

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2005 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

jimimothybodles wrote:
i have a gnome team entered in the fumbbl world cup!! i've never played a single game with gnomes before! and my first game is against khemri!!!

quick! everyone tell me how to win!! Very Happy

lay down and pretend to be dead
 Jump to: