68 coaches online • Server time: 23:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post 1150 - OWA TT Tourna...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2006 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello Everyone!

The 2006 Orca-Cola Cup Series is now underway!

This forum can be used for whatever you like, match reports, rants, smacktalk, whatever!

'ere we go! 'ere we go! 'ere we go!

If you don't know what I'm talking about but are interested in learning more, check us out here:
Orca-Cola Cup Series
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2006 - 12:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Round 1 Status of all 6 Tournies!
1 Game forfeited and 2 games that should be played in the next day or so, out of 24 total 1st Round games....Good work people.

Keep it up for round 2...Some teams are already getting comfortable in the Finals bracket.

WOOT! WOOOOOOT! All aboard the OCCS 2006 Express!
lordchaos

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2006 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the Stonecold Biggins came off to a rough start in the second round of the Amorical Regional Playoffs. Should have tied the game at 1-1 before second half but due to misclick from a squirmy daughter on my lap I had to use my last reroll on a useless one die hit. On the eighth turn I failed a bonehead roll to walk in and tie it before second half.
Ended up tieing it later, when I actually could have been up 2-1. Congrats to Gary Gygax, who held on to it for the rest of the half, only leaving one turn to tie it again. Went for one hit before an attempted throw team-mate play with my only ogre with block. Rolled double skulls with no reroll and ended all hopes of a Stonecold victory in a possible overtime.

Damn squirmy daughters.
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2006 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

February 2006 Tournaments are filling up fast!!!!

Reikland Rookie Cup TR 100
8 teams signed up, another 6 waiting. 2 more and we have 16!!!

Orcland Wooden Shield TR 125
8 teams signed up, 3 waiting

Middenheim Challenge TR 150
16 teams signed up, WOOT WOOT!!!

Antipodal Regional Shield TR 175
8 teams signed up, 3 waiting

Albion Regional Challenge TR 200
8 teams signed up, 4 waiting.

Amorical Regional Playoffs TR 200+
8 teams signed up, 2 waiting.
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2006 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a quick word to the organisers that this has been a very enjoyable and well organised tournament so far!... keep up the good work!

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2006 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

However... BB-Pad and Todfatha - We demand some tournament writeups and some statistics thrown in for good measure!!...

I've been writing match reports for the games I've played in, and watching a few game replays... hope the other tournament members have!

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2006 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks to all the coaches that have participated so far and congratulations to the winners!

Here's an update on the tournies starting on March 1st:

Minors
Reikland Rookie Cup (TR100 max) - 7 teams signed up
Orcland Wooden Shield (TR125 max) - 12 teams signed up
Middenheim Challenge (TR150 max) - 9 teams signed up
Antipodal Regional Shield (TR175 max) - 6 teams signed up
Albion Regional Challenge (TR200 max) - 5 teams signed up
Amorical Regional Playoffs (Open) - 6 teams signed up

Cabalvision Athletic Cup - the first Major tournament of the season will start at the end of March. This is a no TR-limit KO tourney open to all teams that have played in at least one minor during January, February & March. Remember all points earned in Majors count double (ie normal 5 points for a win is worth 10pts in the Majors). The tourney page will be opened up for applications shortly.

Cheers,
Pad

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2006 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I see that most of the minors are now filled up and indeed started... Any chance of a summary of the Jan or Febs tournaments... I miss Pad's writeups!

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2006 - 11:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Bump Pad! Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2006 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Wotfudboy wrote:
I see that most of the minors are now filled up and indeed started... Any chance of a summary of the Jan or Febs tournaments... I miss Pad's writeups!

I might be able to do some for each quarter but on a monthly basis how about Coach of the Month?

Coach of the Month

January
TR150- : patton71
The US-based coach had a great first month winning the Reikland Rookie Cup and reaching the final of the Middenheim Challenge.

TR151+ : Jinxed
The Netherlands-based coach proved he's not as jinxed as he makes out winning both the Amorical Regional Play-offs and Antipodal Regional Shield.

February
TR150- : foxx
Another US-based coach doing well at the low-TR tournies. foxx won the 16-team Middenheim Challenge and is in the final of the Reikland Rookie Cup.

TR151+ : Wotfudboy
Last season's number #7, the UK-based coach had a great month winning the Amorical Regional Play-offs and the Albion Regional Challenge, the latter with elves - a feat not seen too often in the OCCS.

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2006 - 11:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Coach of the Month

March
TR150- : Astrix
With no one coach dominating the lower TR ranges, the Germany-based coach wins this month's award thanks to his success in the Middenheim Challenge.

TR151+ : Farinroderel
This Germany-based coach is emerging as an early favourite for the Series and follows Jinxed's footsteps in taking both the Amorical Regional Play-offs and Antipodal Regional Shield in one month.

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2006 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

The Series Update - End of Quarter One

(1) 71 - Cranial Extractions (Farinroderel) Nurgle's Rotters
(2) 67 - Frostborg Freezers (Farinroderel) Norse
(3) 52 - Finstere Jungz (captainT) Chaos Dwarf
(4) 49 - For Khaine and Country (AlcingRagaholic) Dark Elf
(5=) 46 - Gondor Monarchs (Farinroderel) Human
(5=) 46 - Energon Eaters (Wotfudboy) Chaos Dwarf
(5=) 46 - Brotherhood of the Slayer (Jinxed) Chaos
(5=) 46 - Justice for Cash (foxx) Amazon
(9=) 45 - Big Green Bowlers (Gusia) Orc
(9=) 45 - Our Lucky Day (slanter) Undead
(9=) 45 - Insolved Solution Missionairs (Astrix) Chaos Dwarf

Early days yet in the Orca-Cola Cup Series 2006 but one team that has made an excellent start is Farinroderel's Cranial Extractions thanks to their superb performances in the Antipodal Regional Shield - runners up in February and finally winners March puts them top of the OCCS table after the first Quarter **** In 2nd are Frostborg Freezers, another Farinroderel team, winners of the Middenheim Challenge in January before an shock exit in the February tourney, they bounced back in March but were narrowly beaten in the final. **** 3rd are captainT's Finstere Jungz, who look to be worthy rivals for the Farinroderel teams, having beaten the Extractions to win the February Antipodal Regional Shield. They've played in the Albion Regional Challenge a number of times now but have failed to reproduce their trophy-winning form at the higher TR **** In 4th are AlcingRagaholic's For Khaine and Country, the only elven team in the top 15. Beaten semi-finalists in the February Albion Regional Challenge, they returned with a vengeance and stormed the March tournament to collect a well-earned Trophy. Can these dark elves survive long enough to maintain their Series challenge? **** Four teams occupy joint 5th. Another Farinroderel team, Gondor Monarchs are there thanks to a Trophy win in the Amorical Regional Play-offs and they are looking to continue their good form in the first Major of the season **** Wotfudboy's Energon Eaters are 2nd team in 5th thanks to a win in February Amorical Regional Play-offs and some other good performances but while Wotfudboy is enjoying a successful season, the Eaters must add to their trophy cabinet if they want to end the season in glory **** Jinxed's Brotherhood of the Slayer claimed the Amorical Regional Play-offs in January but have been somewhat quiet since then and they will need to put in some good performances in the coming months to maintain their Series aspirations. **** foxx's Justice for Cash are the last team in 5th thanks to their excellent win in the February Middenheim Challenge. However they were sent out at the 1st round in the March tourney and foxx will need to ensure his team don't get complacent if they want to stay in the Top Ten. **** Next are three teams in joint 9th. Gusia's Big Green Bowlers won the 1st 16 team Reikland Rookie Cup but have not featured in the Series since then and may well fade away **** slanter's Our Lucky Day have emerged as contenders with their win in the March Orcland Wooden Shield but can they get success in the more prestigious tournies? **** Finally Astrix's Insolved Solution Missionairs lifted the March Middenheim Challenge trophy and look capable of making a big impact if they can maintain their good form as the season progresses.

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2006 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

so, Im against a tourney filler in Antipodal Regional Shield. What can I do? Just hang around for other people to play their games?

With skill and luck you get snake eyes!
BB-Pad

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2006 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Sleep wrote:
so, Im against a tourney filler in Antipodal Regional Shield. What can I do? Just hang around for other people to play their games?

Yep, unless there is a late application before tomorrow, you'll get a bye into the next round.

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2006 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I applied with some Rats for the max150 Cup
 Jump to: