26 coaches online • Server time: 02:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mully

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2006 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Edited :

Quote:

<b>After being bitch slapped in the 1st round of the Valhalla Vet Cup</b>, Grugni's Grudgebearers will join the Thor Round Robin.

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2006 - 02:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Right. After the defeat in Valhalla, the Not-So-Superheroes will join whatever tourny can enter. They'd prefer Thor's round robin (limits be damned) so they can build up again, as oppose to cull their ranks in order to stay under rank ceilings, but if not possible they'll battle for the bifrost bridge.

Yoyodyne-Propulsion-Systems will enter the Frey Fairy Fest if there's room available.

Now that I think about it these TR limits are really going to favor certain teams in the Battle of the All fathers. As the low TR teams would of have to limit their rating the month/months before playing in the racials, while the high TR teams can keep building themselves higher and higher.

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2006 - 03:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

As the low TR teams would of have to limit their rating the month/months before playing in the racials, while the high TR teams can keep building themselves higher and higher.

Thus the incentive for teams to leave the low level "minor" tourneys and play more in the top TR monthly tourneys. Most coaches for some reason or another are "scared" to play at the highest TR limits. So the coaches that are willing to do so are rewarded at the end of the season.

Yes, I know, brilliant ..

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2006 - 06:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Please sign http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=60566 (Harads Hackers) up for Thors Round Robin
NightGriffin

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2006 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I still believe that the lower TR restriction is like the legal drink ager, only a suggestion... Smile

I ask that the Brotherhood of Ssilks be signed in their racial invitational and that the Forebearer of Doom apply in the Thor Round robin.

Thanks!
Mully

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2006 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

I still believe that the lower TR restriction is like the legal drink ager, only a suggestion...

I see your point. Drink at your own risk. Then the 16 year old teen gets behind the wheel drunk and kills a family of 3 in a suburban. Im not necessarily concerned with the teen who made his own fate, but I am for the family who just lost 2 kids.

In bloodbowl terms :

Team A 160 TR
----------------------------Team A 145 TR
Team B 172 TR

NightGriff 110 TR
-----------------------------Team D 163 TR
Team D 158 TR

Teams A and B are evenly matched. Team A wins a close game in the end but suffers some CAS and some MNG for the next game.
Team D rolls over the drunk driver Griffons racking up SPPs points and advances easily. Is it really fair to Team A that they had to play a slugfest to advance while Team D got a virtual bye?

Some will argue it doesnt matter. My personal stance is it's not really fair, hence the TR limits.

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2006 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

The Undead Celebs want into the Thor Swiss tourney.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=126456

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2006 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>The Champion's Cup is now recruiting : only 2 weeks to sign up and 5 spots left</b>

<b>Racial Invitationals (KO Tourneys)</b>
Only certain races are invited for each Racial Invitational. See the schedules below to see if you are worthy or not.

<b><u>Frey Invitational</b></u> (filled)

<b><u>Hel's Niflheim Challenge</b></u> (filled)

<b><u>Battle on Bifrost Bridge</b></u> (8 spots - 7 taken ; Dwarf filled)
The Norse have invited their enemies for a friendly bloofbowl battle. Along with their bloodthirsty mates (Amazons) they fight to see which sex is the strongest.
Races : Norse, Amazon, High Elf, Vampire, Dwarf
TR Limits : 125-175
Seeding : Random

<b><u>Loki invitational</b></u> (8 spots - 7 taken)
Evil and mayhem are on scene for this underground war. The arena is set adjacent to Hel's stadium and guards are posted to keep Loki's minions from crossing over and feasting on some ghouls.
Races : Chaos, Rotters, Dark Elf, Lizardmen, Halfings
TR Limits : 125-175
Seeding : Random

<b>Swiss Tourneys</b>

<b><u>Thor Round Robin</b></u> (up to 12 spots - 11 taken)
The urge to watch titanic battles spurred Thor to create this Swiss tourney. "Let the pedestrians watch the puny teams, I want to see the bloodbowl giants do battle."
Races : All
TR Limits : 175+
Seeding : None - Swiss format - 4 rounds

How do I sign up?
1) Apply to the Champion's Cup group
2) Post to this thread - listing your team name and Tourney you want to apply for
3) When I invite you to the Racial/Swiss group, accept the invite

Last edited by Mully on %b %20, %2006 - %18:%Jan; edited 6 times in total
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2006 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Thor Round Robin... seems appropos for a Norse team to take it.

The AlcingRagaholics will apply after they win the Aesir Open.

Z

ps. Well, they'd apply if they lost too, but it sounds better the other way Wink

pps. The Teen Sleuth Reunion will also apply to the Loki group.
casimir

Post 1 Posted: Jan 17, 2006 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi! I would like to apply to the Thor Swiss turney with my orc team: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=215246

Tkx, Casimir
SerXes

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2006 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Khaines warriors http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=139021 would like to join for Loki invitational if theres still room.
Reaper

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2006 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

slim pickings signing up for "battle on bifrost bridge".

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=132788
Mully

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2006 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Reaper - see below regarding your Dwarves..

Quote:

As one great coach once said .....

Mully wrote Quote:

As soon as you switch them to Div U I'll add them in.

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2006 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

The ladies of Olympus have come down from their mighty perch to join the Champion's Cup league, and stake their claim in the battle on bifrost bridge!!

--j
lordchaos

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2006 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Slowjokes want in on the battle of bifrost. I thought I signed them up to something already in the CCC but I don't see anything.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=166615
 Jump to: