22 coaches online • Server time: 04:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Shepherd

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2006 - 12:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all,

Some of you know about what's been keeping me busy the last few months, and some of you are about to find out -- Roy and I just spent the last several days upgrading the Dead Eyes Open Web site for our print comic, which now has a ton of free previews and comics on it!

Honestly, while REVIEWS of the comic are all super awesome, the SALES are ... meah. Partly because of an oversaturation of zombie stuff on the market (not our fault! We were working on this back in '02! Honest!), partly because it's an indie comic up against some major opposition from Marvel and DC. Also partly because a lot of stores don't just stock Slave Labor stuff (see "indie," above) and most people who pick it up casually don't know you have to pre-order subsequent issues from the shop.

I'm hoping this beefing-up of El Sito Majestico might actually prompt some more sales. If any of you like what you see and you have some shekels burning a hole in your pocket, BUY THIS BABY. We're dancing towards cancellation, which makes me super sad.

It's my first time out of the gate writing a comic, and if this works out okay, I might get more gigs. If this bombs, that'll be it for me and I'll spend the rest of my life in a cubicle! SEE MY DESPERATION.

Thanks!

- Matt

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2006 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks great! The price is pretty low so even if I never did buy an actual comic before (Donald Duck being the exception when I was a kid) I might give these a try if the shipping isn't too expensive. And even if it should fail (which I really don't hope it does - don't get me wrong) don't give up hope. You might get another chance with the comic some other day.

As I said - if I figure out the expenses on shipping are managable you probably just got yourself a customer. I can hardly get a hot dog for the price of one of your comics here at home in good ol' DK anyway.

PS. On the other hand I'd like it if you could do me a favour in return and get your act together. Not too shabby but hurting a halfling has never made anyone famous Wink
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2006 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

If you can find the comic buy the fer-crying-out-loud thing! Sheperd is one of the first friends I made on Fumbbl, a stand-up guy, and witty as Joss Whedon (that's a good thing, for those of you who don't like Buffy, he also wrote the script for Toy Story). The comic is gorgeous and interesting (though I'm an issue behind... hard to find them here.....)

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2006 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Cubicles aren't that bad. After a decade or two, you'll get along just fine.

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2006 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Cubicles are horrid. Mine is only a partial.. It's an Icle..... Buy the COMIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2006 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a online comic too if you want to check it out. It's about 2 teens who cause trouble in my home city of Surrey, British Columbia. Watch out though cause it's pretty offensive. You have to be 18 or older to read it.(or so they say) No nudity or nothin', just lot's of swearing. Check it out if you'd like. Here's alink to my 2 latest issues.
http://www.surreyburnouts.zoomshare.com/

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2006 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Great comic by the way. I thought I read it before but that must have been a different one. I got it on my favorites now. Keep up the good work.

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2006 - 00:52 Reply with quote Back to top

hahahah..rocking stuff dude....
SLG is probably one of my favorite indie publishers.....started reading them back with Johnny the Homicidal Maniac, and the rest of Jhonen Vasquez's...um..."unique" creations....

awesome artwork and storylines too....definitely hope everything goes well with SLG, and the series runs for a long time Smile

--j

ImageImage
hoiyes

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2006 - 01:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Zombies are pretty much my favourite thing in the world and your angle f**king rocks. Love the art too. I'll try to promote it at other forums.
Shepherd

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2006 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Hooray to all! And yeah, Mac, distro is a HUGE problem. That's one of the reasons I'm "resorting" to this ... I'm not a spammer by nature, but in a shrinking industry like comics it's hard to get retailers to give a small semi-independent project in a glut market a chance.

Most everyone who READS the comic like it, but most also don't know you have to proactively order it from Previews to keep getting it... and when it never appears on the shelf again, well, out of sight, out of mind.

I'm hoping the "post on unrelated forums, and ask people to tell their friends" approach might keep us above the cancellation level. It sure can't hurt!

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2006 - 02:18 Reply with quote Back to top

The Ab toner is one of the most lightweight and compact ab product in the market. Do not forget work smart not hard for the perfect abs you desire.

Sales for the abtoner are down and I can't afford dogfood for dinner. I now seek rats for substenance in the sewers around town, which, while a tasty morsal, are difficult to catch, especially with my AK-47. Furthermore, Chuck Norris won't do our infomercial. So if you FUMBLERS want to strengthen your abs from all your computer work, post here!

"Just like the time Candlejack's mum had me over for dinner"

Last edited by Coach_Crisis on %b %24, %2006 - %03:%Jan; edited 7 times in total
Fool

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2006 - 02:38 Reply with quote Back to top

That ab-toner looks super cool. I'll want one for me and two for my girlfriend, unless the shipping expense is too high. Consider me your first customer.

Very Happy
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2006 - 02:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Coach_Crisis wrote:
The Ab toner is one of the most lightweight and compact ab product in the market. Do not forget work smart not hard for the perfect abs you desire.

Sales for the abtoner are down and I can't afford to get the customary burger king for dinner. I now seek rats for substenance in the sewers around town, which, while a tasty morsal, are difficult to catch, especially with my AK-47. Furthermore, Chuck Norris won't do our infomercial. So if you FUMBLERS want to strengthen your abs from all your computer work, post here!

ok...seriously...while i support spam and thread hijacking in all it's forms...

wtf does this have to do with the price of tea in china?

keep up the good work shepherd, and frankly...spam all you want....

it's nice to find out about other coaches on here away from a blood bowl game, it's even cooler to find out that there's coaches on h ere involved in industries that, i would assume, a lot of us delve into....

--j
Coach_Crisis

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2006 - 03:32 Reply with quote Back to top

What else don't we know about Frank Shepard?:

Coach Crisis is a cool guy.

His dad's a powerful executive,

Working for this man.

The ladies like him just fine. Young, old - it doesn't matter...in the dark

Last edited by Coach_Crisis on %b %24, %2006 - %04:%Jan; edited 8 times in total
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2006 - 03:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll be damned... I think thechosenone is back. Same "I didn't do it good enough the first time so I'll go back and edit my posts till I get it just right." as well as the abundancy of pictures! People! Say "Hello" to a familiar face.

Hello
 Jump to: