32 coaches online • Server time: 03:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DaCoach

Post   Posted: May 04, 2012 - 09:54 Reply with quote Back to top

WIL Gryphon Conference XXIV round two
Har Ganeth Headrippers 2 - 0 Albion Brass Scorpions
WIL veterans Har Ganeth Headrippers played their 100th game, a feat only matched by 7 other (active) teams, and at least one in-active, the legendary Doomed From the Start.
The game itself was a rather dull affair. The star hired to mark the event, Max Spleenripper, managed to trip on his own saw in his first action, knocking himself out.
As entertaining as this might be, it left the Scorpions with one weapon less to deal with the blodging Headripper sidesteppers, an almost impossible task.

The Headrippers looks forward to the next 100!
Wilf

Post   Posted: May 04, 2012 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Garden City Reavers 2 : 0 Treaclemine Specials

Straight forward enough win for the Reavers in this outing. Facing off against +370k norse is generally bad, but the Specials had so many -AG/-AV or -MV in their team I wasn't too worried. No snow troll either, so just the ulfwereners and blitzers to deal with.

I took a wizard, helmut wulf and a bribe, intent on serious carnage, and managed to win the toss.

Regulation drive, removing both the ulfs and blitzers, as well as S4 thrower, for a turn 8 score as I attempted to remove norse. Only 2 cas I think, and I lost a one-skill lino dead, apo, dead.

Second half, MB ulf is back and so are blitzers, but despite Belafon throwing a short pass early doors he is able to keep hold of the ball. Norse burn rerolls though attempting to get at helmut who had used bribe to stay on the field, and it's relatively straightforward to nab the ball. The norse make a 5+ dodge though and KO my 15SPP lineman, so thrower does the honours and I chuck in the wizard just for fun. Hey I paid for him right?!

Couple of skills was nice, reasonable winnings so onwards to some tricksy skaven next! Cheers for the game Belafon.
Jamumools

Post   Posted: May 10, 2012 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

So, my third game in the WIL last night, saw my SB Scramblers up against Timlagor's Leap for Victory http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=3289892

Possibly the most fun game I've ever played - all credit to Timlagor for being such a fun opponent.

Although the score was 2-0 it felt a much tighter gamer, although I made one crucial mistake at the end of my drive in the first half, allowing Timlagor to get in and blitz the ball carrier, eventually scoring.

The second half saw me nearly scoring but I kept trying to score quick and attempt the win - in retrospect if I'd have taken less chances and gone for the draw it may have paid off.

Of course, the only reason I was in the game was thanks to monsieur Morg n Thorg. He does truly ROCK!!!! I would certainly take him again if the opportunity presents itself.
Wilf

Post   Posted: May 13, 2012 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Garden City Reavers 1 : 1 Clan Mac Feegle

Interesting game this one. I had 130k, and to be honest didn't think a player of Phil's calibre would be unduly worried by Helmut, but couldn't think of anything else useful to take.

It was raining, which was a worry, and the skaven received. I got an early KO on the CLAWPOMB blitzer and made inroads into the rats, but despite good marking, the gutter runner is able to pick up in 2 tackle zones and score.

My attempt at an equaliser isn't helped by a deep kick and failed pick up early doors, but I have people in range. I free a player, get the thrower to 4+ range, but he 1, 2s the throw so 0-1 at the half.

That pesky blitzer didn't fancy it all game thankfully, so the rats are down players and it gets more so with 2 RIPs on linerats. I'm in a good position, so go for the win with a T13 score.

Deep kick from me this time, and I swarm the beleaguered rats. Focusing too much on preventing the score, I surround the gutter runners and eventually get the POW - which KOs him. I then forget that it's my turn 16, so don't try and score until it's too late, but do prevent Phil getting a winner.

Decent winnings, but a FF decrease. One skill for the thrower, just can't seem to get the couple of players close to an advance that final SPP.

Cheers for the game Phil!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 15, 2012 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Storm Warriors 0 - 2 Nafia

Avast! The Nafia took to the field against their first former champ opposition this evening.

Battle was joined with a deep kickoff and a riot. Not good for Khemri against agility packing re-rolls. A couple of KOs came, but not enough, and eventually we had to leave pac a sniff to ever make enough forward progress to score. The sniff became a pop, and the Nafia were lucky to get away for 1-0.

The second half was more one-sided, as the CAS began and the strength proved difficult for the HE to penetrate. 2-0 came with a late handoff and a Journeyman fail.

MVP earning skipper 'Dangerous' Dave Downes described the run-out as 'One that could easily have gone the other way; but today was ours. Join the NAF, Lapdogs!'.
pythrr

Post   Posted: May 16, 2012 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

]Wood You Like 5 - 0 Vein Drain (WIL)

More Welf WIL power.

Results like this give me the WILlies... loads of TDs, but more death and crap cash. Nuffle is taunting me, whispering "you will win, but soon you will all be MINE...."....

gg Dalfort, and sorry about the 1-storm.

Pyth

Post   Posted: May 24, 2012 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

No Starting Skills 0 : 3 Garden City Reavers

Another good result for the Reavers against a dilapidated Chaos Pact team down 420k.

Surprisingly there was no wizard to face, and just Ugroth to deal with. He lasted a turn before he was casualtied off the pitch and although Raughri hung on to the ball admirably for several turns the humans' skills eventually told and we swiped it for a T8 score against the kick.

Second half, with the pact apo burned on a niggle on the only remaining block marauder, and the humans go for the SPPs with 2 more TDs - one fortuitous - to players needing the points and we removed more pact as well.

Decent winnings and three normal skills sees the humans with a reasonable roster going into the last 3 games of the season.

Cheers for the game Raughri!
Wilf

Post   Posted: May 30, 2012 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Fumbles 1 : 2 Garden City Reavers

Phew. Always nerve-wracking to play halflings, especially up 660k.

Afroman went with Deeproot, Puggy, Chef and a bribe, but was missing a tree after a death in the last game.

Routine first half, helped by chef only stealing one, for T8 score removing a couple of flings, although I had KOs too.

Rain started second half, but Afroman managed hand off to puggy in the wet. Then he played very well indeed to stall out for 6 turns, helped by never failing a dodge even with tackle marking his players.

Still, we forced him to score giving us three turns, and with rerolls, but a riot meant we had to go for it. Got 2 in range, including catcher, but another strong turn of dodging from the flings meant blitzer was double marked. Hmm.

No problem. Knock over fling in way, KO. Dodge thrower through on 3+, GFI, hand off into 2 tackle zones on a 5+. No problem. Blitz, get the push, dodge and score. Ermm. No reroll needed?

Very good game, and very well played Afroman! Up next, tricksy Slann.
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2012 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Dandyllion Jezebels just had our uniforms designed and they look pretty sexy if we might say so. Surprised

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Although promotion seems far off after the horrific start to the season we might finish with a respectable 4/1/2 record if we beat the halflings in our last match and can probably take 3rd spot in the standings salvaging some of our lost honour.

In other news our lineelf JalapeƱo survived getting killed twice the other day and enters our hall of fame as the first member. Very Happy

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Wilf

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2012 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Garden City Reavers 2 : 1 Slanntastic sWIL

Looks a routine result doesn't it? Not really, to be honest.

At the kickoff, I reminded Russo of the debt I owed him from our last game. Clearly nervous, he allowed me to BH his krox, KO 6 players and RIP a +AG frog. 1-0 turn 8.

Unfortunately for me, he got 5 KOs back straight away, and the other for the 2nd half.

Despite removing two potential receivers and marking the rest with double loose cages for the leaps, Russo made a 5+ long bomb, 5+ catch in 2 zones, 3+ leap and 3+ dodge for the equaliser. Hmph.

Then my thrower is stunned by a rock despite having +2 fame, and my catcher can't pick it up in 2 turns. Uh oh. Russo plays well, marking up and blocking routes, but I can handoff to the nerves of steel catcher, blitz a square free and make the 5+ dodge (against DT) and 2 GFIs for the win. Relief.

So final game of the season is against some chaos. This one could hurt a bit.

Cheers for the game Russo. Revenge is mine!
Calthor

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2012 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

A Larson in the WIL!

Final match of the Lion Conference season, taking our team to a shared 2nd place... But unfortunately not to the playoffs.
King_Ghidra

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2012 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

The Constructivists returned to the WIL early Sunday morning, their first outing since unfortunate circumstances denied them their place in the Premiership several months ago.

The star-packed team was apprehensive, facing a great coach in JigerJones and his evil Chaos, White County FFC. That said, the High Elves started with the ball, and at first it was like they had never left, Rodchenko hooking up with Shukov for a quick score, the 16th of the Catcher's career.

After that...well, we tried, lord knows we tried, but even with the Chaos misfiring, we couldn't get that damn ball out of their hands, and they rumbled in for a score before the end of the half. The team also suffered a big blow when long-term player Ehrenburg met an untimely death, with an assist to our incompetent Apothecary.

Second half the Chaos got the ball again and it was the same story. We just couldn't get it off 'em, and soon attrition made our efforts fruitless. Jiger made the winning score and the High Elves went back to the drawing board.

A punishing schedule awaits for the rest of the season - we'll have to perfect our cage-breaking techniques if we're going to make progress here.
Wilf

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2012 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Garden City Reavers 1 : 2 White Isle Retail

First game for the human team in the conferences and they were faced by a powerful orc outfit. Thinking more in terms of the team's longevity, I opted for a wizard and babes and hoped not to take too much damage with mighty blow everywhere.

Won the toss, received, KOd a black orc early but the drive stalled early with a lot of stand firm among the orcs ranks. I switched play twice and looked ok by turn 3, but then I was marked up after my ogre skull/both downed and I couldn't make a dodge for the rest of the half. Lightning bolt MNG'd the thrower, who was strangely apothecaried, but I couldn't prevent the score.

Second half and KOs are flying off the pitch and it's a relatively easy 2-0 by turn 14. That said, I crowd surfed one of the orcs uber-blitzers and he was killed for his troubles. Hmm.

Had 3 turns to get something, and a quick snapped allowed me to get 6 receivers in place. Bit of blocking cleared one and it was a simple 3+ pass 3+ catch after a couple of GFIs. No blitz on the kick meant that was that.

Happy with the result - no perms is going to be a big bonus in what is a very bashy league. Cheers for the game Cyrus![/url]
Wilf

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2012 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Garden City Reavers 1 : 1 Constructivists

Funny game. Down 240k I took the saw and a bribe and hoped to make use of 4 or 5 niggles on the high elf team.

Sadly my dice didn't want to know and although the high elves scored in turn 2 as per the plan, I was forced to scramble to prevent a second score as my players left the field.

Second half, I finally get a cas, but it's not one of my 5 MB it's a humble lineman who -ST a catcher. It's nip and tuck as I have to use a blitzer to hold the ball after my thrower was BH and although he is knocked out (one of many in the half) I can equalise in turn 14.

A riot doesn't help, but another slip by the high elves means I can surf the uber AG5 catcher and scoop up the ball into a semi-cage. King Ghidra can get it loose, but not recover.

So, a MNG on a guard blitzer will cost me against Crib's chaos team but we do have a draw on the board. Thanks for the game King Ghidra.
Azure

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2012 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Black Sheep Invasion 2-1 White Island Lizards

WIL - Season 25 - Game 1:

A fun and enjoyable game - lots of banter and chatting made it a fun time. First half we were able to showcase how to fail at just about everything very well. Had to get the rust off after a long layoff. Overall we were dominated - suffered a RIP bull (apoth), a perm on a blocker (sorry Guzman). The second half, however we did a little better - nothing obvious, but between some MB and fouls we managed to start KO a bunch of lizards and get the advantage on the field. However, lost the ball and used the wizard to get it back (for a moment) - finally pushed to the brink, we eeked out the score with 2 turns left in the game. However, lizards were not nearly as lucky second half as the first - the RRs were all burned and their KO wakeup rolls were horrible - with all the 3 sauras staying out. Very shorthanded and out of RRs, they managed the pickup, but then doubles skull/pow on their last block left a hole. A blitz and then a bull raced in for the pickup. The Krox made his bonehead and BT rolls, but only got pushes on the blitz - so we managed to 1d the krox and then race in with the Bull for the win.

Second half was quite a turnaround from the first...some real critical fails in the second half for the lizards make this a bitter game for the lizards. Thanks for the game - fun times - good luck the rest of the season!

Black Sheep Invasion 2-0 Putting the Wight in WIL

WIL - Season 25 - Game 2:

The claw+mb wolf managed to SI two blockers in 2 turns...and that was about all the highlights for the other side. We smashed and fouled and smashed some more - clearly the best bashing game we have ever played. However, regen was nearly 100%. It was actually the KOs that made the difference. Key players went 0 for 3 both times at the end of the half. This allowed us to have the numbers advantage and pushed it hard in the second half for the easier than expected 2-0 win.
 Jump to: