54 coaches online • Server time: 17:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Bluegill87

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2016 - 00:37 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Carthaginian wrote:

Thanks BG! I'm glad you enjoyed the reports.

As for the TV/transfer issue, I don't think it is a bug, as I recall it happening in Cyanide's BB1 too. I just don't understand what the intention behind it is.

As it states in the CRP rulebook:

Any of the gold that is not spent on inducements is lost and may not be added to the team treasury. In addition, either coach may use gold from their petty cash to purchase inducements. If the superior opponent wishes to purchase inducements with gold from his petty cash, he must do so before the underdog purchases any of his inducements.

To me putting your team's hard earned cash towards disadvantaging yourself is an error, both here and in cyanide's game.

EDIT: Errr wait a minute, there's something else I saw there

Transfer Gold from Treasury to Petty Cash

Both teams at this point may transfer gold pieces from their team treasury into petty cash. Petty cash may be used during the current match to purchase inducements and adds directly to the team value of the team for this match. The team with the highest team value must declare how much gold he is transferring into petty cash first.

So your team value went up yes...but does that mean you still had the extra cash? :S
The_Carthaginian

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2016 - 10:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
your team value went up yes...but does that mean you still had the extra cash? :S

Given that my available cash for inducements went down rather than up, it looks like the only effect was to increase my TV, rather than to make additional cash available. I'll do some research too, once I get a spare moment.
ianuk77

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2016 - 12:40 Reply with quote Back to top

With regards to TV/petty cash. The inducement system is designed so that both teams teams are ultimately the same. Ie 1000k+200inducements v 1200k team.

Adding petty cash is really for the higher TV value coach who may want a babe bribe or wandering apo etc but can't because 0 inducements.

Of course the inducement for the other coach will increase accordingly to ensure that tvs are matched.

Ie 1200k+100K petty cash would mean a 1000k teams gets 300k inducement.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2016 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, not a bug. There's a lot of topics on it if you wish for clarification or explained in another way (we all know it's not very intuitive).

Basically though as ian explained. Petty Cash adds to your TV before inducements are worked out. So if you were due inducements when the match was started, the amount will be taken off by the amount you added in Petty Cash.

The only reason for adding Petty Cash as an underdog is to gain something of value that your opponent cannot counter. For instance, I'm a 40k underdog and I want a Wizard, which will suit me much better than my opponent. So I add the full 150k for a Wizard. My opponent now gets 110k. I feel this is a good trade as the Wizard will suit me much better than anything he can hire for that money.

(The above has been edited due to me making a mistake, see comments below)

I could also do this for a star for example. Give the exact money for a good value star, which doesn't give my opponent anything near in value. So, the underdog can control what inducements are taken by playing the petty cash game. It's expensive, but often worth it.

Example:

My TV is 1440 my opponents is 1490. I get 50k of inducements, so I can get a card or a babe. I'm playing orcs and with my across the board AV9 I don't feel I will get many players knocked out. I also am wary on relying on cards. However I have a lot of cash so...........I decide to play a different game. I feel a bomber will suit me well in the next match so I add the 60k in petty cash to get 'Bomber Dribblesnot'.

This means that my new TV is 1500 and my opponent's stays at 1490. He is now the underdog by 10k, which is useless. I used petty cash and being the underdog to control the inducement phase. I have tailored my team to be better than if I used the inducements for the next match. Albeit it cost me 60k in gold.

Last edited by harvestmouse on %b %21, %2016 - %09:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
knightsweats

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2016 - 13:07 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
For instance, I'm a 40k underdog and I want a Wizard, which will suit me much better than my opponent. So I add the full 150k for a Wizard. My opponent also gets a Wizard (with 150k inducements he now gets).

Example:

My TV is 1440 my opponents is 1490. I get 50k of inducements...I decide to play a different game. I feel a bomber will suit me well in the next match so I add the 60k in petty cash to get 'Bomber Dribblesnot'.

This means that my TV is 1500 and my opponent's is 1490. He is now the underdog by 10k, which is useless.

If the second example is true isn't the first one false? Wouldn't the oppo get 110k in inducements?
ianuk77

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2016 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Would you not need to add 190k cash to get 150k for a wizard when 40TV down?

Ie 40 to even TV, 150k to spend
Bluegill87

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2016 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

knightsweats wrote:
If the second example is true isn't the first one false? Wouldn't the oppo get 110k in inducements?

He was the superior team first though, hence he chose not to spend any petty cash in the first place. So whatever inducements he's left with is what he gets...

I think I understand it now, sorry to de-rail this topic but I'm glad this got addressed here anyways Smile
The_Carthaginian

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2016 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, thanks for the explanation, guys. I think I just about get it, as long as I don't think about it too much!
knightsweats

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2016 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Bluegill87 wrote:
He was the superior team first though, hence he chose not to spend any petty cash in the first place. So whatever inducements he's left with is what he gets...

Don't understand this at all. In Harvestmouse's first example he says he was the "underdog" hence he chose to spend 150k...
Gambler75

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2016 - 05:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Tried to sign up my new rat team.

Would be nice to find some other newer players to play against. Wink
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2016 - 09:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Bluegill87 wrote:
knightsweats wrote:

I think I understand it now, sorry to de-rail this topic but I'm glad this got addressed here anyways Smile

knightsweats wrote:

Don't understand this at all. In Harvestmouse's first example he says he was the "underdog" hence he chose to spend 150k...

No knightsweats' right, I made a mistake. He would get 110k. Which means 2 things. 1. See how difficult it is! 2. In this scenario it'd be even better!

So you'd never add petty cash unless it made you the overdog. Completely pointless if you didn't.

I think I'm going to edit my post (so that it does make sense if anybody reads it). I'll add a note so that this also makes sense!
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2016 - 10:02 Reply with quote Back to top

ianuk77 wrote:
Would you not need to add 190k cash to get 150k for a wizard when 40TV down?

Ie 40 to even TV, 150k to spend

No, its used directly on buying inducements, with the underdog being worked out after it's added. Here is the scenario:

*TV of your team is 1250 your opponent 1290.
*You have 200GP in your bank.
*You take 150GP out for a wizard.
*The 150 is used directly on inducements.
*However it is also added directly to your TV.
*The new TVs are 1400 and 1290.
*You get a 150GP worth of inducements from petty cash.
*Your opponent gets 110GP via being the underdog.

So never use petty cash as the underdog, unless it makes you the overdog.
Bluegill87

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2016 - 01:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I realize these are coming late with the season being over and all but I do feel the need to finish what I started. League of the Sinestro Corps final record for the season was 4-2-6, ending up in 10th place with 24 points total.

Match #10 (1-0 Win)

This match-up was against Namloc and the chaos team at his disposal Khaos Order. The funds have been acquired to welcome another Minotaur to the team so Arkillo II is bloodthirsty and ready to go.

Khaos Order is given 50k worth of inducements to purchase a bloodweiser babe. Coin flip goes my way and I elect to receive a tame weather roll kick. The opening turn is a very promising one as my 3 big guys hammer into the Chaos line of scrimmage, taking a beastman off the pitch each (KO, BH and an apo'd SI in that order). This forces Namloc to back off a bit while I both mark his forces and keep the ball well protected at the same time.

A little while later on turn 3 a both down block by one of his beastman goes my way as it gives my opponent another BH. His beastmen are continuing to pressure tho and give a solid POW to Sinestro on turn 4 but they have trouble picking it up. It's a scramble for the ball until my marauder (Amon Sur) picks it up and is covered in turn 6 while a sneaky goblin foul knocks out another of his beastmen.

This drive went to hell in a hurry though as a successful dodge from one of his nearby Warriors let him land a blitz on the side of my ball carrier that wasn't covered. The ensuing scramble saw my sneaky gobbo take a BH, me miss a hand-off and let this one stay at no score going into the 2nd half.

Thankfully the damage I had inflicted that first half showed up going into the 2nd, as I field a full 11 to his 8 players. It's a high kick to him that sees one of his warriors drop it but is quick to pick it up with the same player to end the turn. Karu-Sil then finds her ruthlessness on a blitz that leaves another of the beastmen out, this time permanently (RIP).

He makes a play for the sidelines on h2t2 (turn 10 but I'll start calling em like this Wink ) and I manage a good 1d block on his beefy ball carrier with Sinestro. The ball finds it's way into the stands on the drop and they throw it back very far on my side of the field, closer to my players while in a spot well out of reach of Namloc's. Before the turn ends I get a marauder (Kryb) to gang foul another beastman, successfully (BH) but the ref ejects her.

The ball seems locked up by LSC on h2t5 but the dodges are still going his way and another horn assisted blitz still catches Sinestro in a tri-cage. It would be Karu-Sil who recovers the ball to keep it protected, while my troll puts another BH on the hurting Khaos Order, putting them at 5 players for this drive.

Despite that the beastmen STILL get another hit on my ball carrier and the scatter roll sees my marauder Amon Sur pick it up. Well he finally manages the score as the would be blitzing beastman is due for a missed dodge. I chalk up the game's only TD on a steal thanks to the unrelenting and hard hitting blocks put up by my players, more specifically my wonderful big guys. LSC batters and bruises the Khaos Order to a 1-0 finish.

Match #11 (1-1 Draw)

Ahh RagstoWitches, what can I say that hasn't been said by The_Carthaginian here already. Well I'll still give it a go anyways. My 2nd last match of the season, a first against the Dark Elves ever for this coach, and I choose to do it against the undisputed league leader of this season. Needless to say I didn't like my chances but despite all that this was still a pretty special match for me Very Happy.

Amon Sur has acquired block for this game and I have a 14th player in the form of another marauder (Scarecrow). I also take Piling On for my Ogre which wasn't considered a popular choice by some, but I felt I needed it somewhere. The TV difference for this one was pretty huge, with a whopping 210k inducements coming my way. I decide to hire a wizard and Bomber Dribblesnot to help me out.

The_Carthaginian wins the coin toss and receives the opening kick. I field Dribblesnot and get a Perfect D-Fence, and the Dark Elves are quick to move for some sideline play but are interrupted by a failed dodge while trying to blitz the little bomber. R2W begins to run the ball while my ogre (Slussh) decides to really misbehave and I give one of his blitzers a shove into the stands. I land a 2d blitz on the ball carrying witch in h1t2 but it's a POW/PUSH so dodge lets her escape.

When the witch brings the ball to open field where I see a few of my players unmarked I let the wizard zap her on h1t4 that leaves her stunned. I get it covered by 2 players before Sinestro picks it up and try to injure the witch further on a gang foul but it remains a stun. The newbie Scarecrow knocks himself out on a failed dodge however, freeing up a R2W blitzer.

Afterwards another of his blitzers gets a PUSHBACK result on me, but it's Thugnificent who possesses the Strip Ball skill and the ball is on open field again. A push from my minotaur onto the ball sees it bounce favorably for me while my troll puts a BH on a blodging R2W blitzer and a marauder gang foul on Thugnificent to KO him for this drive. The Dark Elves prove their versatility and agility here though as I'm bashed away from the ball and the witch reclaims it from 1 tackle zone to dodge away from the pile.

Looks like R2W will score but Dribblesnot is nearby and throws a +3 bomb at her. It's a bit of hot potato between the two but the snake finds witch on the return and explodes, knocking her down and putting the ball on open field again. Nobody on my team can get to it tho and a failed GFI attempt puts the closest marauder well short of the ball. Dribblesnot gets another bomb on her during the stall (a +5) but the agility the elves have pays off this time and she throws it to some of my nearby players (KOing a marauder in the process). Witchy scores on h1t8 but I get a bit of revenge with a Piling On ogre to SI a lineman for an -MA.

Down 0-1 going into the 2nd half and my opponent is only down a man on the pitch. Perfect D-Fence shows up again so The_Carthaginian gets to re-organize this time. My inducements have been used up so it's up to the Corps now to even the score. It's a good start too as Arkillo II shows up his predecessor by clobbering one of the delf lineman (BH). Next turn I begin to throw up a cage for the renegade delf Sinestro and Arkillo II makes short work of another one, this time a blitzer (BH). He continues this trend going into h2t3 by goring another lineman (BH) and suddenly this R2W defense is looking quite shaken up and I continue to move the cage as I attempt a few gang fouls with my goblin on a downed witch with limited effect.

A few of my players go down too before a frenzied -2d red block is attempted on my delf ball carrier. They both manage to come up PUSHBACK results thankfully but it puts him in a somewhat tricky spot. It's my big guys and a few marauders to the rescue though who nullify/add some tackle zones that allow my (MA7) delf a 2d blitz escape from that pinch and I 2 GFI my way to a score, tying this at 1 all going into h2t7.

I get set-up as best I can to counter the 2 turn score, and this gets Amon Sur, my only other block player surfed for a SI (MNG). Knowing this is his last turn, I immediately blitz and heavily mark the only witch in scoring position but this proves disastrous as I overlook Side Step which brings her a bit closer to my goal line on a dodged POW/PUSH.

She gets to the goal line on h2t8 without the ball as it's a long bomb pass attempt to get it to her. Breaths are held and fingers are crossed as the blitzer goes for the +5 pass attempt but fumbles on a roll of 2. This goes down in the books as a 1-1 tie and against such a formidable foe that's a win in my book xD.

Match #12 (2-1 Win)

And the Dark Elf trend continues going into my final match of the season as the Corps square off against ix77 and the Dank Dark Gutter Elves. Despite Arkillo II gaining Stand Firm and my robotic marauder Tekik upgrading his arsenal with Claw (more fluff Smile) the TV difference still saw me a good 250k under (Amon Sur was still injured from last game too). I pick up a wizard again along with Ugroth Bulgrot this time for fear of the elfish bomb snagging that happened last game.

I soon see why I'm at such a TV disadvantage as this delf team is much more heavily saturated in blodge than with R2W's delves. I lose the coin toss but ix77 still decides to kick to me on the opening drive. With my diverse player pool I set up rather oddly to include Ugroth on this in the hopes I take down a lot of delfish resistance along the way. It's a tame weather roll and we're under way!

I get a rather poor start but retain good ball control nonetheless. Ugroth fails to down on his first blitz while my minotaur is having difficulty rolling well against the blodge. So begins the slow (and I do mean slow as I take a lot of time with this game to think things through to the slight annoyance of my opponent who took a few 4 minute turns of his own) cage march thru the defending delf lines while Ugroth gets a KO on a blitzer. Ugroth stuns another one but is POW'd into the dirt and KO'd on h1t4.

My choice of Stand Firm on Arkillo II was a good one as the minotaur stood unrelenting against a lot of PUSHBACK results to keep the DDGE honest. The slow march was threatened on h1t8 as the delves found a great spot to box in Sinestro. I decided to get my wizard to help me out here with a fireball this time which knock down 2 delves blocking the way to the TD. Sinestro only needed a +2 dodge thanks to this and he was home-free for a TD in h1t8.

The follow up turn sees a pitch invasion that prompts a foul from one of the DDGE lineman which serves only to eject him from the game. 2nd half begins and DDGE gets another re-roll and after I kick the ball to him Tekik scores a SI roll (MNG) on the DDGE kicker, while the next turn sees Tekik KO'd. A TTM attempt on the ball carrier by me gets bone-headed and the ball is moved to the sidelines. Arkillo II gets free of the marking thanks to my troll's help and blitzes the ball carrier from behind the delf line for a POW that puts the ball at a neutral spot on the sideline for us both. This forces some desperation out of my opponent as a blitzer gets into scoring position for a pass. The pickup is good, the pass is a solid 6 on a +5 and is caught with the elfish 2 which means a tying TD for DDGE on h2t3.

This gives me quite a bit of time for a counter-attack as I set up for another receive. The Dark Elves are down a man and another pitch invasion goes favorably for him as my delf and minotaur try to recover, meaning that Sinestro carrying the ball is out of the question for now. I pick it up with the goblin instead while my ogre makes a lineman hurt (BH). The cage begins again as Karu-Sil stuns a would be sacker and is then gang fouled off the pitch (DDGE Blitzer).

DDGE is unrelenting with position as they fall back to a defensive set-up crawling with block and dodge. This is where a lot of my time was spent I think, but I decide to send Arkillo II in and hit the softest target, a rookie runner in the back field. It's good for a stun so I quickly break the cage and begin marking as many players as possible, putting my gobbo right behind the charging minotaur and attempting to fit my delf renegade right behind him but the dodges didn't quite get him there on two feet.

DDGE's blitzer gets a hit on the ST2 gobbo and the ball's knocked loose. A runner manages to sneak it away as well but fails on +3 pass, giving me one more shot on h2t7 to score. Arkillo II maims the runner for a stun, Sinestro picks up the ball and I move him to cover as best I can. Curiously ix77 decides to 2d blitz my gobbo instead on 1d blitzing my delf ball carrier but this does make Sinestro very well marked. I get him some extra tackle zones on the final turn and my ball carrier blitzes and breaks free on two good dodges for a final score of 2-1 in favor of the Corps. A wonderful end to a tough season Smile

Conclusion

Whelp that's it for me this go of it, I think I could have got a few more matches in easily had I tried a little harder to get em. Bloodfeast, Joe1982 and stodtie were high on my hit list but I'm glad I got what games I could out of this. It was a very good learning experience and though I'm still mulling over entering another team for next season due to life and whatnot, I'm glad I stuck it out during the rough patch and I hope there's still some fun league play left for the Corps.

I'll be seeing you fellas around the pitch, til then bye bye for now Very Happy
ChekhovsGnu

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2016 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

The first match for two teams, Devilish Rogues (dark elves) and enter the fray (lizardmen) kicked off today. The game was very intense, and I'm certain Nuffle smiled upon it, as a devastating fireball stopped a touchdown, poor little skinks fell over into the touchdown zone, and double skulls were rolled in the last attempts to keep the Lizardmen from scoring match point after a Riot extended the game.

Devilish Rogues managed to score a touchdown in the second half, but Enter The Fray came back from this, scoring two more. A great victory for Enter The Fray, earning themselves a whopping 70,000 gold- a demoralizing defeat for Devilish Rogues, with their 10,000 gold winnings.
The_Carthaginian

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2016 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Heya, if anyone sees this, could they please send me a link to the message thread where people are organising games? I'm in the tournament, but didn't receive the kickoff message. Thanks!
 Jump to: