Teams compete in a mostly open environment to become the Last Team Standing by surviving their challenges. Seasons end once a team is the only one remaining, thus being the Last Team Standing. All teams must be Secret League (ruleset 303).
8, 10 or 12 teams enter and start with a 2 round swiss tournament. After that all teams are free to challenge any other team. Anyone who loses two games is removed from the tournament.
You sign up to play at least the two swiss games, but if your life situation means that you have to drop out after that, that won´t be a problem for anyone, so feel free to join without pressure.
All challenges and replies are managed in our own discord channel.
Message Spelledaren for an invite if you need one.
Create teams here:
Season 1 (1000): Last Bret Standing
Season 2 (1000): Rogitnec
Season 3 (1230):
After two rounds of swiss have been played the tournament moves to the challenge system.
A team may only have one challenge at a time. Send a challenge by writing "challenge" and @playername in our discord channel.
Any team can only have one challenge active, so until that first challenge is resolved, regardless of who sent it, all other challenges to (or from) that player are not valid.
It is first come, first served. Every challenge must be accepted, as long as the teams are allowed to play according to the rules below. Please reply to all challenges, either to start scheduling or to say that it is not valid.
A non-valid challenge is treated like it doesn´t exist, so you can go ahead and issue another challenge if you notice that your first one was not valid.
A team MAY NOT play another team if:
the other team was their latest opponent (for either team).
those two teams have met twice out of the last four games (for either team).
Once 4 teams remain, these restrictions are removed.
If you play a game that broke the MAY NOT rule, both teams count as losing the game.
A team will FORFEIT their game in the following situations:
If you do not receive a reply to your challenge for 6 days your opponent forfeits that game.
A coach that cannot schedule a challenge within 12 days after challenge, forfeits that game if the opponent demands it. This may be subject to tournament administration oversight depending on circumstances.
A FORFEIT will count as losing the game in question, but gives no bonuses to the winning team.
Once a game is reported as finished to fumbbl, those coaches can make new challenges, and be challenged.
If their latest game was not their own challenge, then a coach can ignore other new challenges in favour of making a challenge themselves. This opportunity lasts for 1 hour after finishing the latest game.
If you happen to play a game from a non-valid challenge, the game will still count, but any team that violated the order of challenges also counts as losing one game.
Hello! This section will try to help you navigate the tournament.
1. You can only have one challenge at a time!
- This is important, because it messes with everyone´s ability to challenge otherwise. If you spam everyone with challenges it gets confusing trying to sort out which challenge is valid.
2. What if someone challenges me but I already have a challenge?
- Reply to them that their challenge is not valid, and that they can challenge someone else. It is important to reply to keep the tournament moving along!
3. The MAY NOT PLAY rule is extremely important to follow. It's there to protect the teams, the tournament and allow for variation. You have to keep track of it yourself, but please make sure you do.
4. How do I win?
- By challenging and defeating other teams until no one else is left.
- Two losses means a team is removed from the tournament.
5. Do I have to send challenges?
- No, but you are probably giving the other coaches advantages if you let them set the match ups.
6. We played a game and afterwards we found out that my opponent had another challenge he should have played first. What happens now?
- Your opponent gets a loss added for violating challenge rules, in addition to whatever game result you had.
Teams start with TW 1000 limit in season 1. In later seasons the TW limit will be decided as below. Any Secret League team may join. Teams are accepted in order of application, but if more than 12 apply any teams that have TW more than 15% below the TW limit can be skipped.
Whenever the TW limit for a season is 1900 or more, the next season always has a 1000 limit.
The Last Team Standing chooses to set next season´s TW limit to either its own TW after post game, or to choose TW1000.
Stunty teams may have any amount of cash saved. Disposable players do not count for TW limit, use Fumbbl TW. All other teams can have up to 50k in the bank without counting it towards TW.
While the team plays a season of LTS they are prohibited from playing games outside the tournament, but remember you can leave the tournament at any time after the swiss rounds.
Repeated rules infractions or abusive behaviour can lead to being removed from the tournament. We are here to have fun in a friendly way and to have a fair competition - let’s work together to make it happen.
The MAY NOT restrictions on playing a team does not carry over between seasons.
Not related to the current tournament:
This is based on my King of the Hill format that ran for almost 6 seasons.
Winners in the old King of the Hill format:
Winner season 1:
Queens of the Hill
Winner season 2:
Queens of the Hill
Winner season 3:
City of Spires Sabres
Winner season 4:
Winner season 5:
Slither to the Top
Winner season 6:
Beautiful People (WO)
1. Do you have any challenges sent to you? If so, make sure you reply to each one.
2. Have you sent a challenge of your own? Most of the time you will want to do this. But remember that you can only send 1 challenge out at a time, and if someone has challenged you already, you will have to wait until that game is finished.
3. Starting a new game? Make sure you follow the MAY NOT PLAY rules, and that you are playing the right challenge.
4. Someone lost a game? Please tag @spelledaren in our discord to keep me updated.