Head over to Discord for group chat and scheduling.
FUMBBL FIFA World Cup 2022 (FFWC).
Match results on discord
This tournament runs alongside the actual FIFA World Cup 2022. We have 32 teams and 31 coaches, so we still have room for one more coach. PM Knine if interested.
The real FIFA world cup kicks off on 21 November 2022 and ends 18 December.
Our aim is to finish the FFWC around the same time as the real World Cup final.
With that in mind, this is the schedule:
Team creation must be finished by 08 July 22 (to give Commish time to add skills)
Pre tournament games are NOT allowed.
Round Robin Group Tournaments: Start 15 July. Finish 15 September.
Round of 16 teams - Knockout stage. Finish 07 October.
Round of 8 teams - Knockout stage. Finish 28 October.
Round of 4 teams - Knockout stage. Finish 20 November.
Championship game: Play before 18 December 2022.
The reason for the long rounds is that we have coaches from all over the world, and we don't want any forfeits.
Note - the Round Robin will not be done in rounds. Instead, you will be placed in your groups in an open tournament where you can play your games whenever you want. This is because many EU coaches are on holidays during portions of August and this gives them a chance to finish games outside their holiday period.
Group A: Ecuador (Mathfuric), Senegal (iena), Qatar (ClayInfinity), Netherlands (YuriSloerie)
Group B: England (Xandyreoch), Iran (DrClaes), USA (wintergreen13), Wales (Matthueycamo)
Group C: Argentina (Garcangel), Mexico (GotrekSlayer), Poland (Rayhell), Saudi Arabia (Squigadier)
Group D: Australia (RicardoGrande) , France (ohWatch), Tunisia (Diablange), Denmark (Ryanfitz)
Group E: Germany (Thommynator), Japan (Gridironman/Thumbcramp), Spain (Asitaka), Costa Rica (MrCushtie)
Group F: Belgium (knine), Canada (Nelphine), Morocco (CodPieceZ)), Croatia (BillBrasky)
Group G: Brazil (Bram), Serbia (XpherAndTheAxes), Switzerland (Azur), Cameroon (pythrr)
Group H: Portugal (Planeswalker25), Ghana (Koadah), Uruguay (xtapodias), Korea (Sampittu)
Style: Progression. Your players could suffer injuries and gain skill ups after each game.
Races: All races listed on ruleset 2198 are available – that includes secret and normal league teams.
Team build. As per below. In short – 1150k starting, plus tiered skilling. And, one ‘homegrown Legend’.
Duration and start date. To run a similar tournament structure at two weeks per game (plus a few days for delays each round), it would take about 20 weeks to run this on fumbbl. The idea is to end a fumbbl tournament the same week as the FIFA World Cup. So, this tournament will kick off mid-July.
Format. The format is the same as FIFA world cup. Round 1 is a round robin in the groups noted above (which reflects the real world cup groupings). Knockouts thereafter as per the pairings which are on this webpage: Fifa World Cup 2022 Schedule of Matches Full Fixture (fbworldcup.com)
• Round robin scoring is three points for a win, one for a draw, none for a defeat.
• Ties. If two or more teams in the same group are equal on points after the round robin, the following criteria, in the order below, shall be applied to determine the ranking: • Step 1: (a) greatest number of TDs obtained in all group matches; (b) superior TD difference in all group matches; (c) greatest number of TDs scored in all group matches. • Step 2: If two or more teams in the same group are equal on the basis of the above three criteria, their rankings will be determined as follows: (d) greatest number of points obtained in the group matches between the teams concerned; (e) superior TD difference resulting from the group matches between the teams concerned; (f) greatest number of TDs scored in all group matches between the teams concerned. After that, total CAS, then total CAS diff. Then Nuffle will roll to decide.
If you want to participate, I need you to do the following:
1. Be flexible on scheduling. There WILL be games that require you to play outside your preferred BB gaming times. If you can’t be flexible, please don’t sign up.
2. Pick a country and pm knine or post in this fumbll thread or post in the discord server. First come, first serve for country selection.
3. Create your team using this link: FFWC Team Creation
4. Once you have applied to the group, send me (Knine) a pm and I will admin the remainder of your skills and treasury as per instructions in your bio.
5. Join the discord server: https://discord.gg/t9H6rtUb
6. Wait until I tell you to start.
STEP 1 - TEAM CREATION, part 1:
All teams have 1,150,000 to spend on buying their players and items.
There is also a tier-dependent skills budget that can only be spent on skills/stat increases (stat increases are ONLY for tier 6 teams and you can ONLY have ONE stat increase). And, there is a ‘Legend’ to be created – see below (the legend is created in a separate process and is exempt from all these creation rules).
From the 1150000, buy a minimum of 11 players. A maximum of 16 can be rostered. You do NOT have to spend all your money (this is a progression tournament). You can also buy:
• 0-8 Re-Rolls
• Assistant coaches
• 0-1 Apothecary for eligible races
• 0-6 Dedicated Fans
Nothing else can be purchased.
Step 1a – create your team using this link: FUMBBL :: Online Blood Bowl League Note: Under our ruleset, you will only have a budget of 1000k. I will add 150k after you apply the team.
Step 1b –Buy the minimum # of players and as much as you can. Explain what you want to do with the remaining 150k treasury (and any leftover from the starting 1000k) in your bio. If you want more players, you will have to add them later. RRs cost normal mounts, even after team creation. But, once the tournament starts, they cost double.
Step 1c – explain who your legend is and what skills they have (in your bio). See below for Legend rules)
Step 1d – submit your team to: FFWC Apply Team
INDUCEMENTS: Inducements are not available until game time and are as per normal. You cannot pre-purchase inducements. Star players cannot be rostered, but they can be induced…. At game time! (if you have tv differences/cash)
STEP 2 – TEAM CREATION, part 2:
Step 2a - After Knine adds 150k to your treasury (more if you need another RR), buy the remainder of your items. (Knine will unready your team so that you can do this)
STEP 3 - SKILLS:
Using the rules below, follow these steps:
Step 3a – In your team bio, list the player numbers and skill(s)/stat you want them to have.
Step 3b – pm knine to let him know the team is ready for admin. Knine will then add the skill (and 1k per skill) to your players. The skills are not valued as normal because we are doing a progression and tiered tournament.
Step 3c – check your roster to make sure it was correctly done.
Depending on their tier, teams may purchase additional primary or secondary skills, as well as stat increases for their players (stat increases are for tier 6 only).
Step 3d (if needed). If you kept some cash and then readied your team, you might suffer expensive mistakes. Tell Knine if you need a refund due expensive mistakes.
• Primary skills cost 20K, secondary skills cost 30K. Random skills are not allowed.
• Stat increases cost 10K (+1 AV), 20K (+1 MA/PA), 40K (+1 AG) and 80K (+1 ST), with a maximum of one stat increase per team. Only tier 6 teams have access to a stat increase.
(these will show up as 1k on the tv - that is so that Tier 1 teams don't end up with inducements in the first round).
• No player may gain more than one skill or stat increase, except that for tier 6 teams, a single player may receive any 2 skills, or a stat and a skill.
The following list tells you how much you have for skills and stats. Use it or lose it (no saving these for later rounds).
• Tier 1: 100,000 to spend on skills, max 1 secondary skill
• Tier 2: 130,000 to spend on skills, max 1 secondary skill
• Tier 3: 150,000 to spend on skills, max 1 secondary skill
• Tier 4: 170,000 to spend on skills, max 2 secondary skills
• Tier 5: 190,000 to spend on skills, max 2 secondary skills
• Tier 6: 220,000 to spend on skills and stat increases, unlimited secondary skills, stacking allowed for a single player
• Dark Elves • Lizardmen • Shambling Undead •
• Amazons • Chaos Dwarves • Dwarves • Norse (new roster) • Necromantic Horror • Orcs • Skaven • Wood Elves •
• Black Orcs • High Elves • Humans • Imperial Nobility • Underworld Denizens •
• Chaos Chosen • Elven Union • Khorne • Old World Alliance • Tomb Kings •
• Chaos Renegades • Nurgle • Slann • Vampires •
• Goblins • Halflings • Ogres • Snotlings •
SECRET LEAGUE Tiers.
SL teams will be tiered as follows: using the team descriptions found at https://fumbbl.com/help:SecretLeague2020
add one to the Tier ratings, with one exception. For teams which are rated as Tier 3 (or 4 - is there a 4?) and are comprised of only stunty linemen and negatrait big guys (bonehead, really stupid, animal savagery, unchanneled fury, take root), add 3 to their rated tiering. Eg, Ogre Kingdom, Clan Moulder, and Treemen, are all originally tier 3 and they become Tier 6 teams. Skinks become Tier 3 (even though they are stunty and big guy only - because they are originally rated as Tier 2), Albion becomes Tier 3, etc. If there are some corner cases that I haven't thought about, ask me for a ruling.
Corner cases: NightGoblin - tier 6; Gnome - tier 6, Trolls - 6, Squigs - 5. elemental-Air - tier 4, elemental-earth - tier 3, elemental-fire tier 4, elemental-water tier 3.
Create your Legend:
Having done all of the above, now your Legend player is created. Each team has one Legend player (after all, the World Cup brings out all the great players). The following happens in addition to all the rules above. For example, the rules above say no skill stacking or stat ups for most teams, but this is waived for the Legend.
1. Choose a player who you have not already given skills to. ie, this is a player on your roster who you have not already added anything to.
2. You have a budget of $120k for skills (ie in addition to the base player cost) to spend on this player using the budgeting noted above. You may take one stat increase on this Legend player (which must be paid for from the $120k budget).
Put this detail in your bio. Knine will add the skills/stats to your roster.
Note: The Legend never misses a game. PM Knine if he gets a MNG and it will be cleared for the next game. If the Legend dies or gets injured (niggle, negative stats), well, some things can’t be fixed.
Have fun - this is a game.