53 coaches online • Server time: 23:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Balle2000

Post 3 Posted: Jan 23, 2011 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Imagine a form table on the Blackbox page showing the top 10 in-form coaches and/or teams.

I got this idea from the form tables in pro football, were teams are ranked from how they performed in their last 6 matches.

Imagine having such rankings with coaches and teams, showing which coaches are on a hot streak, and which teams are ripping up the blackbox.

Optionally, the teams/coaches in these rankings could be removed if they have not played in the last fortnight or so.

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010

Last edited by Balle2000 on %b %23, %2011 - %16:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2011 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

There is already this one

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=blackbox

and this one

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=teams&nav=10

All thats missing is a current form table from your list I think, unless i have missinterpreted something?

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2011 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm.. English is just not helping me today Wink

The links you posted have been available for... what... over 1 year already?

I am talking about adding Form-tables to the Blackbox page (the second link you posted).

A Coach Form table, listing coaches based only on their last 6 games (played within the last 14 days). Such a table will be much more dynamic than the top10 coach list (which is much more static), and be an excellent addition.

Having a Teams Form table will add even more competitiveness to the box I think (same 14 days limit).

If it is still unclear: I am talking about adding two more top10 ranks to the Blackbox page. One for coaches. One for teams.

Balle2000

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2011 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe also an all-time top teams ranking is due? (same as the top10 coaches, but with teams instead)

JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2011 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I think this is a nice idea. There has been criticism in the past about the [B]lackbox top ten being populated by coaches that haven't played for some time. I think the BBCentral page could do with a bit of a facelift, and some more dynamic tables and rankings would be great.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2011 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I must say, I like the [B] stats basically being hidden. Keeps it all about playing and less about numbers. Less not more!

The one set of stats I'm really enjoying though is the stuff down the right hand side. Bashers have more volume, but the teams winning more games are your Elves and fast races. Was always likely to be the case in a heavy bash setup, but I wonder if the masses will cotton on. Wink
 Jump to: