11 coaches online • Server time: 06:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Convince a friend to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What do you think?
This looks fun, i'll seek the holy grail of a slann vs. ogre matchup
63%
 63%  [ 76 ]
I don't know, i'd rather play a Pie team and see if i draw space marines
24%
 24%  [ 29 ]
Nah, in my views of bloodbowl fluff, in the end there is only chaos
11%
 11%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 119

Dalfort

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2012 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I have hit 150 games \o/ current 95 match ups (16%) VI of 35

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2013 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

i have startet this loooong project, and i dont really expect it to finish, ever..
But it gives me some metagame i like, and a reason to play wierd races and coope with untimely deaths, at least he died for a corse:)

i have made some achivements for my self to reach, like:
Play agienst/with all races, finish each of the races both for and agienst
but it would be fun if it was tracked on site, i think it could give some players a reason to change thier playing happits, just for the sake of achivements

i made a system to optimize my chances in the beginning phase, where i keep playing the teams until they hit a race the 2nd time, and creating teams of other races adding to the pool until i have all the races played.
After that i will aim to play 24 matches with each team, by activating the teams with the best ratio between played matches and played races.

well as this will take a long time im not sure how i will proceede after that, maybe look after systematic of wich teams is least rare, and play with teams that haven got them.
or start looking for choaches and try to make "matchups" with 900tv teams

At the bottom of it all it mostly comes down to luck and persistent:)
Kam

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2013 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Zompa wrote:
i have made some achivements for my self to reach, like:
Play agienst/with all races, finish each of the races both for and agienst
but it would be fun if it was tracked on site, i think it could give some players a reason to change thier playing happits, just for the sake of achivements

Go to the stats section of your home page, and select "Box" in the drop-down menu.

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2013 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Zompa, for us old timers (nearly 5 years so only a juvenile my self :p) the League used to have Stunty teams in it too, I have about 4/5 games cross Standard to Stunty and would love to see them added again to complete the League grid.

Just for interests sake; there are 576 match-ups for Ranked, same for Black Box (1152) and 225 for Stunty (1377) add in a total grid for League 1521 for a grand total 2898 match ups. I keep my own Spreadsheet to track them as well (so I can see how far I have to go etc).

I have also started to list all the Top 25 categories (11 of them) I used a page for each category and listed every possible configuration of Active/All Time, Division (4), Race (24 Standard and 15 Stunty) PLUS Position. Total per page 946, Grand Total of 10,406 entries... I have finished the Top Stars and about half of the Top Scorers. Quite pleased to be on 44 of the Top Stars lists and #1 on 6 of them \o/ (I aim for niche tables :p) and pleasantly surprised to appear on some of the Top Scorers, finally, I am really looking forward to doing the Halfling related tables for my Intercepting Trees Smile

Apologises for a long post. Take care Dalfort.
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2013 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems I am not a box filler after all, I like to play my favourite teams and right now there is only 3 of them Dark Elves(62 games), khemri(29) and I think even my Humans(19) are starting to hurt my diversity score. Smile

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Zompa

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2013 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Kam: thanks but i know that, what i ment was more like ive but set some goals for me to aim for, to chop it up in to lesser goals.

Dalfort: sound like an impressive task, how do you do it?
would like to know how you actively worked towards getting interceptions on tremen:)

think i might should look in to some of the tables aswell:)
Dan-Da-Man

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2013 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

getting badges for acheivment/rewards in your profile would be great

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2013 - 00:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Zompa wrote:
Dalfort: sound like an impressive task, how do you do it?
would like to know how you actively worked towards getting interceptions on tremen:)

think i might should look in to some of the tables aswell:)

Write a team bio telling everyone what you are trying to accomplish, lose lots of games and ANYBODY will play you, laugh at your own misfortune, laugh at their good fortune. On my (badly BB Coded) team bio, I have a table that shows who I have played and how many attempts/interceptions were in the game. It then shows who was a willing contributor and who didnt get into the spirit of things (although not so in some games of (0/0).)

Top 25 List are awesome for things to go for, I am thinking of aiming for the first Minotaur to score in Ranked either Chaos/CD/or Pact none of them have a scoring entry for Minos...
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2013 - 03:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Dalfort wrote:
I have hit 150 games \o/ current 95 match ups (16%) VI of 35

so after 170 games... 108 Match-ups (19%) VI of 41

not sure if the Group page is still going so I will post here every so often Smile
Dalfort

Post   Posted: May 13, 2013 - 05:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I have PM'd Emeric about the group page... stayed tuned Smile

Post   Posted: May 13, 2013 - 07:41 Reply with quote Back to top

And... dum dum dum.. I'm back looking into it (at least to post this). But i really need to find a way to get the data rather quickly.

My apologies for my acting dead : sometimes, i'm just a blackbox bot Smile

Post   Posted: May 13, 2013 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah. we need to get someone on board who can automate things like E.L.F. or the Box Sprints

Post   Posted: May 13, 2013 - 14:58
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

did the grue just volunteer?!
happygrue

Post   Posted: May 13, 2013 - 15:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I just volunteered someone else! \o/

Post   Posted: May 13, 2013 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I love this competition/project. Especially since my human team played 11 different opponents in 14 matches - Ogre, Vampire and Slann amongst them. Smile

I also started to play halflings in the box - and goblins, they just didn't get drawn yet.

Last edited by Rabe on %b %13, %2013 - %17:%May; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: