14 coaches online • Server time: 06:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Pirog

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2007 - 03:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I had a ST 3 AG 4 pogo, but sadly he was killed on a gangfoul shortly after Smile
Babau

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2007 - 08:43 Reply with quote Back to top

About goblin cheaters I am thinking that with the upcoming of LRB5 this team would have to be rethought from scratch or deleted altogether.

Sad as it is I'd like to point to you that the "regular" goblin team is now very similar to the cheaters (they can get cheaters along with the trolls). This team becomes in a way, a simple variation...
SneakyFox

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2007 - 09:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Babau wrote:
About goblin cheaters I am thinking that with the upcoming of LRB5 this team would have to be rethought from scratch or deleted altogether.

I have to agree there. All changes to stunty leeg should be made taking LRB5 rules into consideration. Otherwise the leeg must be changed again when/if we get the LRB5 client.

How about just using the LRB5 goblin team roster in Stunty Leeg?
runreallyfast

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2007 - 09:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Pogo with G access does sound good; cheaters could use a blitzer who doesn't have to rev it up first.

I would prefer, however - and I have no idea if it could be implemented in the client at all - a cheater team where there was some sort of limit on how many players got tossed after each score. Perhaps if each successful toss added one to the difficulty of all remaining weapon rolls?

I know if _I_ were the ref, I would be careful of trying to throw out a large gang of well armed goblins all at the same time.
tenpole

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2007 - 09:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Listen to all the goblin players asking for g access to the pogoers. It is not going to happen. Giving the g access to the kickers is fine as now it means the kickers may opt to block than foul more often now.
Pirog

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2007 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Listen to all the goblin players asking for g access to the pogoers. It is not going to happen. Giving the g access to the kickers is fine as now it means the kickers may opt to block than foul more often now.

I haven't seen anything about it being final.
And what is the good thing about the kickers blocking instead of fouling? Why do you have a need to block with your dp's? It's not strategically sound.
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2007 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I personally think G access on the pogo is good... and I'm a cheater coach. I get the feeling not many pogo's are purchased... and it would increase their use. Putting G access on a dirty player will just reduce the use of fouls... which goes against what cheaters are about.

I also agree that the Cheaters don't have anything to absorb damage... but maybe this addition will make them too strong a roster. This is an attacking roster, and in defence you should keep a chainsaw running... which is enough to make any opponent think carefully.

I would look at the Fanatics more closely... mine never seem to get SPP... increasing MA is a good idea... I think G access would be too much, but it depends how far the other rosters get "balanced".

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2007 - 12:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Mighty Blow on the fanatic. Thee reasons:
1. He's not a lynchpin palyer, you just want to make him more attractive.
2. It makes them immediately attractive, players still won't take him as part of their starting lineup.
3. I play snotlings Wink

Edit: Pogoers should have the G access, it will tempt cheaters ino blitzing with a player other than a chainsaw. DP pogo sticks are also something many would enjoy (leaping out of the sky to do one very sharp, pointy foul).

Perhaps stunty league could remain on the LRB 4 client in the event of a change. The secret weapon rules in LRB 4 are much more stunty friendly.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
albator2001

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2007 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I am in favor of kickers getting G access as they have already dirty player skill.
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2007 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

albator2001 wrote:
I am in favor of kickers getting G access as they have already dirty player skill.

Kickers would have easy access to kick then. That's fitting well. Very Happy

tenpole

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2007 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

vanGorn wrote:

Kickers would have easy access to kick then. That's fitting well. Very Happy

Yes good point!
Khaan

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2007 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I really dont care which way G access floats in the roster.

What i think is a bit sad with cheaters is that, usually, there is no such thing as 2nd half. Whatever you dont get done in the first you will never get done. I'd really like to see chainsaws not have to roll secret weapon rolls if the saw never started.

The Boyz
Motskari

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2007 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

If you are thinking that G- access on pogoers is too much, then make new position for them called goblin pro or cheater captain. I think that don`t make sense if their DP:s get generals.

Mots
Pirog

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2007 - 07:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
I think that don`t make sense if their DP:s get generals.

No, it only caters to the people that enjoy playing with their positionals in ways that aren't intended. I don't mind if they do that, but they shouldn't get to design the teams to cater for that interest...
Demoler

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2007 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

General access to pogoers = good idea.

Start the kicker with the kick skill! Kickers are the dirtiest of the sneaky dirty and having them even consider a role that sees them not considering a good boot flies in the teeth of what they are. They should not have G access.

I use Fanatics like a lot of others: on the LoS as they can't be blocked leaving only 1 unfortunate to be beat into a pulp... good at reducing casualties for your team... They don't need G access either.
 Jump to: