21 coaches online • Server time: 02:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post Claw/MBgoto Post Designer's Comm...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wilf

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2008 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Really nice article, definitely given me something new to mull over with my rotter team.

I would probably go for block first on rotters and beastmen, barring doubles etc. For the beastmen, because they die so quickly, and for the rotters because it takes them so much longer to get SPPs.

Good stuff though!
Dragons

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2008 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes you are right. I like MB better then claw to. but you want the combo with rsc.
MB is only 1 regular skill and rsc and claw is 2 dubbels.

So 2 dubbel could go to FA and spikes insead so they can live a lot longer.
Falesh

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2008 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't mean to imply that Claw is a poor skill, I just disagree with the assumption that some Nurgle/Chaos teams have to take it as often as possible (for strategic reasons, if they are taking it for fluff then more power to their elbows). With Nurgle's Rotters there are additional things to think about when taking Claw. On Beastmen a Claw player will be targeted and have it's, already small, lifespan reduced. Going for a combo like MB & Claw is harder due to the fact that Beastmen rarely live long enough to gain more then two or three skills. On Rotters SF and Tentacles are just so tempting. But like I say it is definitely a good skill and can be a valuable addition if the rest of the team has the appropriate skills.

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2008 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Falsh's article isnt optimal but it does state that, well, stating that there are strictly no claws does that. However...

Its handy because it gives you a much fuller insight into what other skills are handy for Nurgle, since he's used them more and succeded without claws too I'd trust his advice on which of them are good to get to go alongside the claws.

Oh yeah....Rotters are free!

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
SergeiBautin

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2008 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I like your guide Falesh! On my <a href="http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=412636"> Things In My Fridge </a> i gave my Beast Claw on his double. That has given the team 2 free rotters Smile But i get pushed around alot, so would be tempted to get Stand Firm (or Block of course) on my next double

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2008 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

On the whole point of Rotter of being free. At low TR and in the start of your tour on your team, claw /rsc might be good on your Beast in order to get pass the armour roll or when passed the armour roll increase chance of a rip. But first you need to smack a player down in order to even get allowed to roll the dices, so block is in every situation better before claw or rsc I would say, remember he sill has MB. On a none skilled player and you hit him with block, then you will have 50% on 1dice to get him down, if no block then it is 33% (not taking Really stupid into account). And your Beast will then only cause turn overs 1/6 instead of 2/6 on a single dice.
Later and higher TR you have already your Rotters or if you dont have one then you buy them if you have the money. In some cases at high TR you get your by the Beast, but in most you would probably buy them if you have the money because you badly them on your team.

And what mutations or doubles to take on your team? If you have a strength increase on a rotter, I would take tentz before claw. Then you are able to cover more of the field.
Spikes: I would first pick this as a 3skill probably, because in my eyes you can get better mutations that will help you win your game if your beastman only have 1 or 2 skills on him.
FA: It is nice on a beastman, but you already have 5 on your team. But can be a nice surprise, because people tend to forgot it on a beastman.
Frenzy: Need to get one of these myself, always nice to intimidate the other coach that you are going to crowd surf him ^^
Very long legs: On a +move beastmen, then why not try to make a 1 turner? or try to make an interceptor with pass block?

With all the mutation and other combos you can make, you can make Nurgle Rotters into either a killing machine or a heavy anti defense ball team.

You will have enough skills to boost up your killing potential.
But you could also create a team that makes it very very hard for a ball to be thrown in the air or just get down field.
With a few doubles and maybe also agi upgrades you can also throw the ball around. Just remember to protect the thrower and then I would have the beast next to the catcher if he should not decide to catch the ball, hopefully the ball will scatter to one of the beast tacklezones.
Lewdgrip

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2008 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Very good tactic,

i used it on my team successfully
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=429437
PorkusMaximus

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2008 - 01:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I know this is an old thread but I'd just like to say I've found everything posted here extremely useful and 100% gold. I've been struggling to make a rotter team last 10 games let alone 100 but this thread has definately improved my game. My current rotters still have a pretty poor record with 2/1/8 but a lot of those losses could have very easily been draws. I still have a really long way to go before my team could be considered "successful" though.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2008 - 03:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Ehlers wrote:
Falesh nice strategy, but I do disagree on some points.

I think Falesh' record with Nurgle says alot. You might have alot of games Ehlers, but your win rate is a bit lower in comparison with the Putrid Posse.

For a beginner I'd go with what Falesh says - which is what I'll do.

I've recently been playing the Black Lagoon Biological in Blackbox - where you're unable to pick opponents, and often play bashers. Beastmen falling like flies. I don't have more than 200 fumbbl games, so I consider myself a beginner still. Here's the team:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=515343

I've been putting Rotters on the LOS myself, not only because they take far more effort to destroy, but also because of the disruptive power. If the opponent is busy admiring the Rotters extreme ugliness, his drive will become less powerful, probably saving the rest of your team a lot of pain, which feels right considering the huge no Apothecary disadvantage.

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010

Last edited by Balle2000 on %b %15, %2008 - %04:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2008 - 05:09 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:
I am a big fan of Rotters! I play them alot and they rock in LRB5...

But congrats on the strategy... our defensive set ups mimick each other!

What I like about the beastmen is that you can be very creative and have nuisance skills. I have used a ST3 beastmen with tentacles... he doesnt always hold, but its very annoying and a tactic that works because people dont expect it...

Also, spikes on the beastmen can be a help. If a guy gets 2 normal skills and then a double, I would recommend the spikes because you now want to keep him around longer.

Foul Appearance also helps on a beastman. If you get a +AG guy, pass block and FA are great combos.

Well done!

Wow goldmine!!! Must be my lucky day finding this brought back, seeing as I'm playing them in a promotion double header in 2 hours!!!
arw

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2008 - 06:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Great! More of this stuff! Strategy Posts are far too rare.

SF over Block on the Beast? Uncommon Style but brilliant if you don't intend to Block with it in the first place. Trying to kill players will always need Nuffles good will. Killing his strat with SF and BT doesn't! Therefor Block does NOT make the Beast more reliable - if you don't block with it anyway that is.

Guard first on Rotters? Indeed: they won't be "SPP-machines" (Block/MB is better here) but Guard does force opponents to block the Guard guy (cause Guard protects the others but not the guardian). If Beastmen have Guard your oppo often won't have much of a choice but to block them or block -2d. Guard calls for being hit. Would never have given it first before reading this though. I usually consider it crap for a 1st skill on other 4ST Blockers like CWs or BoBs. Makes perfect sense to protect the Beastmen though.

Dodge instead of Claw? No one can claim this choice to be a "must do" (more a question of Style just as Falesh states). BUT one single blodger is only "wasted" IF he attracts all the Tacklers. Since every sane coach focuses on Beastmen when facing Rotters however it might prove useful. Tacklers are often the main Blitzers who do not only have Tackle but Block/MB/Claw as well. They will often be busy hunting (vulnerable ballhandling) Beastmen and ignore the Rotters I suppose.

I do however agree that not having a DP is a grave restriction. And Claw- at least one for blitzing- really does have an impact when combined with MB/RSC.
Downside is indeed that it eats all the doubles since the Claw guys attract aggression (and die) and are bound to take RSC on the 2nd double. Even more if you aim at Claw/RSC since you must take multiple Claws if you want to make sure that at least one of them really gets a 2nd double for RSC.

After all Falesh's Rotters, too have about a 100 games. You all state Beastmen "die like mad"- but Falesh obviously managed to keep his team healthy. Actually he seems to be the only one to archieve that after 98 games. AND he has the best winning record among all the great "traditional" Rotter teams (Haven't looked what oppos you all played against though).

I am indeed impressed (as you might have noticed ^^)
clarkin

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2008 - 12:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Any thoughts on Rotter strategy for LRB5/6?

One thing I like is that you can take SF on a normal strength skill so that's a clear 1st choice for the beast.

How about starting lineups?
SillySod

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2008 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I still like guard on the beast, guard is just so useful but stand firm is definately a real option. In LRB5 the development options for nurgle are quite interesting. I'd probably go for:
Beast - guard, stand firm, grab... without doubles these are all going to look the same, this is one of the few players where +St is worth it
Pestigor (TD farmer) - surehands, extra arms, block, two heads... if you roll an early double (dodge) or +AG then this player is perfect for the TS farmer role
Pestigor (casualty machine) - block, mighty blow, piling on, claw, tackle, frenzy... I'd probably develop at least two of these, one with tackle and the other with frenzy/juggernaught
Warrior (control) - block, guard, tentacles... perfect for holding the line against bashers and making big problems for elves
Warrior (smashy smashy) - block, claw, mighty blow... very basic but it works
Rotter - wont develop much but I'd probably try to get a few wrestle/stripballers, some DPs, and maybe a few daft mutations

When developing a team (in a FUMBBL style environment) I'd aim for plenty of the cas machine pestigors to create an endless supply of new rotters. I'd probably try to get more of the control style rotters but I'd definately work some claws in there too. The aim of the team is pretty simple: smash your opponent into tiny pieces while stopping them from actually winning. All of those control skills are brilliant and you have blitzers which are more than adequate at hunting down anyone that escapes from them.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Ehlers

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2009 - 08:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
Ehlers wrote:
Falesh nice strategy, but I do disagree on some points.

I think Falesh' record with Nurgle says alot. You might have alot of games Ehlers, but your win rate is a bit lower in comparison with the Putrid Posse.

For a beginner I'd go with what Falesh says - which is what I'll do.

I've recently been playing the Black Lagoon Biological in Blackbox - where you're unable to pick opponents, and often play bashers. Beastmen falling like flies. I don't have more than 200 fumbbl games, so I consider myself a beginner still. Here's the team:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=515343

I've been putting Rotters on the LOS myself, not only because they take far more effort to destroy, but also because of the disruptive power. If the opponent is busy admiring the Rotters extreme ugliness, his drive will become less powerful, probably saving the rest of your team a lot of pain, which feels right considering the huge no Apothecary disadvantage.

Balle2000 if you are to disagree with me and go with Falesh strategy, then please read it again! As I pointed out block or MB on your rotter make them spp faster. Falesh pointed out they need the guard so the beastmen can take block, you needd block so let the rotter handle that job with getting guard.
How come you then pick MB or Block over guard???

I pointed out that a dirty player can be a good thing, but Falesh shows it is not a must. If you are to follow Falesh strategy, then why do you then follow my suggestion of taking dirty player?

True that Falesh has more win games then I do, but my team has also managed to be nr. 1 Nurgle Team with over 100games played. And my team is still ranked among of the best Nurgle Rotter teams. You dont think that says a lot?

Now must coaches retire their niggler right away, I cant see the reason for that. Put them on the LOS instead, when you play Nurgle Rotter something always HAS to die Wink
And when to put rotters, when to put beastmen and when to beastmen on the LOS depend entirely on skills and the health of the team. I have rebuild my Team at least 3times, so I know how to keep your Rotter team in shape and when to take the loosses and when to take the wins. There are different ways to keep your Rotter team alive, surely some other high ranking coaches with high ranking Rotter teams would disagree or agree with me. if you are to point out that you think Falesh strategy is a better one, then please follow his strategy.

Falesh shows a different rotter strategy, a strategy which does not take the "normal" path of claw/razor DP kill everything in your path strategy. A strategy that works. But then you also need to adopt to that playing style.
When considering rotter you also need to know what kind of play style you have and then adopt the rotter to that playstyle. I like the game upfront, which causes far more casualties, but at the same time wreack havoc on the field.

So Balle2000, if you think Falesh strategy is better then the suggestions i made. Then start a new team and use purely ALL the suggestions that Falesh posted and then let us see how you far with it.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2009 - 09:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Woa. Chill bro Smile

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
 Jump to: