31 coaches online • Server time: 01:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DIBBL Awardsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
badgertheking

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2011 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Im always very scared of the snow troll and try to kill him 1st.... Maybe I should not be.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2011 - 11:41 Reply with quote Back to top

the only thing I won't like about the next ruleset is the minotaur leaves the norse. the snow troll just doesn't seem "norse".

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2011 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris wrote:
the only thing I won't like about the next ruleset is the minotaur leaves the norse. the snow troll just doesn't seem "norse".

And it didn't help that they renamed it Yhetee either. At least the Minotaur myth is from the same continent as Vikings.

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2011 - 12:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
captainmalkor wrote:

Norse...definitely improved but don't like the non-regenerating troll

Ah yes, the Hornless minotaur... good stuff. So ok... he has claws. Still worse Big Guy in the game. I'd leave him at home. Good times. Smile

Wut?
The snowtroll get mb at the first skill roll.
Then.. well you have a claw mb, player. Now go and play some dorfs witth those norse and have an equal chance of causing some damage instead of being hunted by dorf coaches looking for an easy win like in lrb4. Yeah ok, dorfs winn that bash game but the fact that the snow troll will perhaps get 2 cas on the dorfs is huge not counting stunns and potential koes.

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2011 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Thats why im scared of him hehehe
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2011 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

RC wrote:

The snowtroll get mb at the first skill roll.

It's Yhetee, not snow troll.

And he wont last long enough vs Dwarfs to be worth the price tag. Sure he has Claw which is nice. But he is still 140k for av8 and no regen. Which is my gripe with a lot of the big guys. They are over priced and fail at the things that Big Guys are supposed to do. Take hits. Lend assists. Look pretty.

I mean if you wanted a big guy that blocks and blitzes, then the Chaos Minotaur beats the Yhetee hands down. For 10k more you get Horns and Thick Skull. 1 skill later and you have MB and Claw as well.

Then you look at the fact that Orcs can get a Troll for 30k less. Best big guy in the game, just for the simple fact that he is designed and priced correctly for the roll he is supposed to fill on the team. Speed bump. Oh and he can throw team mates as well.

Of course I do realize that taking a Chaos Minotaur or an Orc Troll on a Norse team isn't an option... or that comparing other teams big guys to the Yhetee wont change the fact that Norse are stuck with him. Hence why I don't use a big guy on Norse teams any more.

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2011 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Does deathroller count as big guy.
Potentially scary... until he gets sent off.
Chase down a Yhetee with that baby.

Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2011 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say the Roller is a big guy. It has loner.

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2011 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I see the yeti as an blizting options vs thickly armoured teams. Thats about it. So I wont bother with "road block" option for him. Make it a killer instead. mb, jugger p.o and use it to blitz av9/av10 dudes with. If you are playing vs something else, well then you need to blitz with something else.

He is a bit like a Rat Ogre in lrb4..

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2011 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

RC wrote:
I see the yeti as an blizting options vs thickly armoured teams. Thats about it. So I wont bother with "road block" option for him. Make it a killer instead. mb, jugger p.o and use it to blitz av9/av10 dudes with. If you are playing vs something else, well then you need to blitz with something else.

He is a bit like a Rat Ogre in lrb4..

Oh and dont forget that the yeti has disturbing presence, I know it might not count for much but I have seen gutters fail the handover because of the presence of a yeti.. just as a little bonus .

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2011 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Well clearly your opinion is wrong Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2011 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:

Underworld:
Mutant stunties! MUTANT STUNTIES!!! Yes, some people will tell you that there are rats on the team. They are mostly wrong. Sure grab one for a lark, if you have a lot of cash, but you can start out with a Mutant Troll, 12 Mutant Goblins ,an Apothecary and 5 RR!!!! (smart coaches may forgo one RR for one of those rats that picks the ball up, but that's dull). Big, extra hands goblins! Goblins with Horns and Claws! Goblins with Long Legs and Big hands! Trolls with Long Legs! Ok, not much point to the last, but this is a team chock full of potential fun!

Yes mutant stunties ! This is what sets them apart from being a subpar skaven or goblin team. I quite like that team, if only because it looks like it have a lot of different options, that will create lots of diverse and fun players. If they survive long enough that is.

And remember, the rats can mutate as well !
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2011 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

There are no rats on the roster.

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2011 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

B-but ... I like the skaven positionals too ...
Topper

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2011 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Well Mr Foulscumm I must admit that I beg to differ.
One of the key players on the Norse team is the Yhetee as he has been labelled.
You are right that he canĀ“t be compared to a Minotaur - the thing is that a claw player on this team is very important because Norse need to be equal to or more players on the pitch than their opponents.
There a MB, Claw player is of great importance against heavy AV teams.
He is also great at taking out the Biggies on the opponents team.
But like everyone else at the Norse team he is good at injuring and being injured...
So you need to protect him.

Oh and Macavity I think that this topic and the memories it brings will take me back to FUMBBLafter more than a years absence - if only i could find out how to download the client!
Is it removed?
 Jump to: