13 coaches online • Server time: 01:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Convince a friend to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
OenarLod

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2013 - 10:45 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
"It's true I tell ye!" grumbled the old man sitting on the steps of the Black Rose, as some of the younger sailors laughed and poked fun at him as they drank.

"Bah, you young 'uns." He continued. He only had 3 teeth, and whistled and spat as he spoke. His long white beard matted with stale beer. "Use'r be a day folks like me'd command some re'spec. Green uns like yous would sit an lissen an learn a fing or two."

"Frogs?" One of the younger sailors stood as he addressed the old captain.

"I tells ye, Frogs, swears it on me three good teeth. Frogs big enough to swallow a man. Up in th' north somewhere. Non o yous dare go that far now though doos ya. Y'sall like a drink an float an pretend ya sailors but ye wunner leave the cove non os ya"

"Calm down grandad" One of the younger revellers shouted, and was met with whoops and laughs. The old man got up and left, mumbling to himself as he wandered home...

In a barrack near the Overwater Stadium, Tholdten is talking to Jaganzo and Krurger: "....green.....frogs....North....".
Rirni run in the room, screaming: "Guys, the lodges are setting up a lot of new rooms. It seems a lot of teams from foreign lands will come here in Ryder's Cove. We have to get in touch with them, after the match with the filthy pirates, to schedule friendlies and so on!".
Jaganzo: "Calm down clerk. After the match with the Half-Masters, we will sail to the unknown North."
Rirni: "What? Are you mocking me? I have to register the strangers, take note of the trading goods they bring, setup contacts, and so on... The Council will not be pleased."
Jaganzo: "The Guildmasters will be able to control the situation here by themselves. I know they will be more happy when we will get back here from the distant North."

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2013 - 11:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Cap'n Sandflea stands before his team, chuckling slightly. "Y'hear this, Plank? The demned traaaaade council is startin' a Blood Bowl team!"

"Hrrrrm," says The Plank. "Ye mean the do-nothing merchant princes of this town want to fail at another profession? Hah! Who's on the team -- old Lyopold's bastard sons? Norrith's fat wife manning the line?"

"Heh! No, but Tholdten, the idiot heir of North Ryder's Brewery, is. If he ain't too drunk to show up for the game!" A hearty laugh from the Half-Masters. "And the captain be... Jaganzo. Some demned fool name of Jaganzo."

"Ja-gan-zo?? What kind of idiot name is that?" shouts Rollo Foghorn, stifling laughter. "What be ye, Jaganzo, some kind o' vampire? A fop elf from up in Elftown? ...a talkin' frog?" The room erupts -- in recent weeks, an idiotic tale about talking frogs in the North has been the talk of the town's more gullible residents, and the butt of everyone else's jokes.

"Well, boys, let's say we bring it down on these demned upstarts? We've got a few days before those stinkin' rats and the dead men come into town, eh? Rollo, Jake, go to th' Trade Council and set a date. Monday, mayhap? Sallie, Jimbo, ye find out where the team meets and do yer thing. There be only one Blood Bowl team for this town, and that's the Half-Masters!"
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2013 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Captain Drovo Sandflea strode happily down the pier. The game hadn't been a complete success, not by a long shot -- the Half-Masters had lost, for one thing. Numerous players had performed quite badly, with One-Eye Brandywine and Ned Stoutbarrel at the top of the list. (He knew both of them didn't want to return to the sea... could they have thrown the game? If so, Ned actually hurt himself pretty seriously out there... joke's on him, then.)

But not all was lost. His men definitely gave the merchants something to think about -- especially Barnacle Bilbo, who ruined the hand of the Wanderers' alleged star blitzer just minutes before he stabbed a clerk through the heart. (How much of a joke IS this team, he wondered, sending a clerk out to play Blood Bowl?)

But all of that was of lesser import... the real success of the day was in his hand. He hailed a bearded man at the end of the dock, waving the bag he had brought. It was time... to pay the first installment on the new ship.

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
OenarLod

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2013 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

From the funeral honors of Rinri:

Farewell Rirni. You served us well and you were loyal along your whole carrier.
You were good with quill and inkwell, with numbers and ledgers, as you were on the Blood Bowl pitch.
You just stepped in one match, and you were ready to sacrifice your life in the quest of freeing Ryder's Cove by those filthy pirates.
We will have no rest until your revenge, until the Half-Masters will be cleared from Ryder's Cove.
R.I.P.

The Guildmasters Council

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2013 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

We must feed!
Mada must feed!
Mada swallow island!
Mada swallow world!

~Swallowers 'Song'
Rabe

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2013 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

U'bognthaotur glared out at the night from the highest tower of Graveshade, his favorite spot. Tonight the pouring rain hindered even the sight of his undead eyes, that did not struggle to pierce darkness alone. As there was no chance to stare into the distance under this circumstances, he dropped his gaze towards the castle courtyard, where the Jesters were training. A speechless laughter that had no counterpart on the surface erupted from somewhere deep inside of the no longer mortal creature, from the dark place where its soul still resided.
The pitiable sight of the skeletons trying to throw and catch the slippery ball amused and fascinated U'bognthaotur, Lord-Commander of the Graveshade guard.

"Lord-Commander"... A meaningless title as he was still slave to the will of self-appointed "High-Lord" Ebon Xanic. However, the clumsy cadavers down there appeared to be a ray of hope concerning that matter. His "team"... If one day the vampire lord gave them permission to roam Orymm freely (for Graveshade's glory or whatever other reason was not of particular interest to the dead dwarf), he might be able to not only see, but explore the far distance by himself.
Alas, looking at the completely untalented "players" down there, it might take some time. Actually a lot of time. But he had almost an eternity to wait and he had grown ever more stoic and patient over the years.

He focused on the dark, cloaked figure that was the Black Wolf, entrusted with the thankless task to somehow get the team into competitive shape. The human almost immediately turned towards him, aware of the sudden attention, yet unable to return his gaze through night and rain. He probably shivered from a cold and wet right now, that his undead superior was not able to remotely feel anymore. Should he be more considerate towards his ally?
U'bognthaotur realized his thoughts were digressing, but since there was nothing else to think about, he gave in to it. He tried to remember the assets and drawbacks of a living existence and lost himself in thought.

Hours later he noticed the sun was rising into a clear blue sky, the rain clouds being long gone. The skeletons still stood in the court yard, life- and motionless. Yes, time was not an issue. He would wait.

Last edited by Rabe on %b %31, %2013 - %17:%Jul; edited 2 times in total
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2013 - 09:23 Reply with quote Back to top

The visitors' clubhouse at Ryder Stadium is a rickety thing, even more so than the home clubhouse. Both of them are weathered by time, with benches barely remaining upright and a crude trough for washing up, but the home clubhouse at least has a functioning roof. Not that it matters -- only two halflings occupy the visitors' locker room.

"Pass me the bleach, Bobbo."

Fat Bobbo, the bosun, raises an eyebrow. "Yarr, I be stumped, Jimbo. Shouldn't we be sabotagin' the locker room?"

Jimbo Shortbarrow, the stylish thief in charge of the Half-Masters' pre-game 'preparations,' replies, "Who says we're not?"

"We're CLEANIN' it."

"Let me ask you a question, Bobbo. Who are we playing next week?"

"Hm! Well, the vampires, an' the dirty ratmen, and the dirty undead, an'... oh."

"Aye, they hate it. HATE it. It disturbs the par-TIC-ular balance of filth and disease in their systems. Now, roll me that barrel full of holy water."

"Where'd ye get holy water, Jimbo?"

"You don't want to know."

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
gjopie

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2013 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

"Why are we jus' sitting around 'ere, boss?"

Vorag was impatient with the lack of action. He'd been training hard for the Clan's new Blood Bowl team, and was desperately disappointed they hadn't got to face their mortal enemies on the sacred pitch yet.

"Why don't we go after 'em?"

Guttja looked up serenely from his position in the centre of the team's training room.

"Because they are coming to us, Vorag," he replied. "I have seen it in a spirit-dream. The forces of balance and harmony are almost here."

"Huh? What 'ave they got to do wiv smashin gobbos?" Prak grunted.

"And pullin' beards!" Brak agreed.

"They have come to help us, Prak. They must see that the goblins and the dwarves are upsetting the natural harmony of Karahn-Carach. We will meet with them upon their arrival. They are almost here."

"About bloody time..."

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2013 - 12:58
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Mandara: "People of the Clans of Moon. Today has been a day of great victory, but also of great sacrifice."
Rakesh: "Indeed, for today our Voice Purmina has fallen on the field."
Mandara: "This evening her body will be burned on a pyre and the ashes scattered over the cliff edge. After this we, the priests of Lunaros, must seek seclusion."
Rakesh: "We will climb atop the highest peak of Saarth, and in half a moon's time return with the words of Lunaros to name our Voice as spake by our god."
Mandara: "In the mean time, rejoice people! We have defeated the Swallowers and driven them from our lands, for the moment. Our god is pleased, and Purmina would wish us to enjoy the victory she died for. I will take over duties captaining the team until a new Voice is found."
cowhead

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2013 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Frederick Rotbottom: "We're finally here lads, Lui..., Luini.., Liu..."
Samuel Bonnie: "Liúnár."
Frederick Rotbottom: "Thank You Samuel."
Samuel Bonnie: "Aye boss. Tis more beutiful 'n I be rememberin'."
Sid Vicious: "You been here before, have you mate?"
Samuel Bonnie: "Aye passed through 'ere once or twice in me youth. Bit stuck up but they know how t' build a right fine City, give em that."
Frederick Rotbottom: "Right lads first things first. We need to contact someone official and try to get into those Libraries. Maybe we can find out a thing or two about getting rid of this curse."
Luther Jones: "And maybe arranging a game or two, eh boss?. Maybe break a few Elf bones."
Frederick Rotbottom: "We'll have time for that Luther."
Samuel Bonnie: "Mite be 'avin a 'ard time gettin in 'em Libries boss. Elves 'r a right bunch of pompous gasbags. Mite be sum fellas down by the docks me cud talk t'. Get us in 'em Libries real quiet like."
Frederick Rotbottom: "Can't hurt I guess. Take the Janus boys with you. The rest of us will try and get permission through official channels."

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2013 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Alliance paid in blood

While the exact specifics have not yet been discussed, and therefore nothing is certain yet, but it seems that during today's match between the Borosian Harmony Decree and the Call of the Blackspire, an agreement has been made. Since specific negotiations are now only starting, it is still a mystery what will be expected of each side in this alliance, but the intention would seem to be clear according to early reports: Borosia helps clearing Karahn-Carach of the Dwarven and Goblin intruders, and in return, the Blackspire orcs will become part of, or alternatively, close allies of the Borosian force of Harmony itself.

The alliance, if that is what it will become, was paid in blood.
R.I.P. Korim Qin
R.I.P. Vrork Wolfbone

Rakthar Vehemia: "We need not avenge the death of our 1st Officer. He died doing what he believed in: spreading Harmony. His fall was part of a grander scheme, and was full of purpose. Do not mourn him, for he has fallen with Harmony in his heart, and that is a thing of joy."
easilyamused

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2013 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Deaden leads to Ryder Cove. We find bone man-things who get in way.

They slow. They shamble. We steal ball from armoured man-thing and Rend scores TD.

We Steal ball again. Score for 2-0 at halftime.

Lynch Died. It was good death. Lynch be remembered.

Screech score and we give bone-things ball again.

This time they hit. Hard. We try to stop. Doesn't work. Bone-things score. No matter. We win.

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2013 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

"Heh... fetch ye the rat men, Bilbo." Cap'n Sandflea is obviously amused by something.

"What d'ye mean, 'fetch?'," asks Barnacle Bilbo, the sailor turned lineman. "Ye know where they be -- in th' locker room."

"Aye. Bandaging their wounds up, choking on bleach fumes... And they've got another match in fifteen minutes' time."

"What... did you..."

"Scheduled th' match for right after their game with th' dead men! An' let's make sure to remind them of that... if the fans streaming into the bleachers don't jog their memories. Strike 'em on the move, lads!"
easilyamused

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2013 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I Deaden. I still lead round Ryder Cove. I seek.

We find small man-things. They funny looking. They want to play.

But they hit hard. Cleave gone first turn. More in KO. Not what expected.

Screech steal ball and score. We lead. More danger. Skitter and Gnaw hurt but we save Skitter. Big tree-thing dangerous. We must be wary. Screech gets ball again. Screech score.

We kick ball-thing. Sunder get hurt again. Tree-thing very dangerous. 2-0 half time

Second half we finally hurt little man-things. 1 pushed into crowd. 1 by Deaden. I show how to do it. Skitter takes ball and score.

Little man-thing do unexpected. They fly. We confused. They score. We not sure what happened.

Rend take control. Take ball. Run forward and score. Rend smash little man-things.

Screech steals ball-thing again. Little man-thing hits screech but screech hurt him as well. Skitter passes to Nibbles for score. 5-1 Final score.

I happy. I seek. There are more chosen out there. I will bring them up.

My story goes on.

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2013 - 01:57 Reply with quote Back to top

To U'bognthaotur, Lord-Commander of Graveshade, Graveshade:

Commander,

we have arrived in Ryder's Cove unmolested. The place is crowded, chaotic and dirty. There's no real authority present. Accommodations are decent for master Xanic and his entourage, third-class for your team. As always though, I'm happy to serve.

Investigations didn't go well, my reputation as coach ran ahead of me - and judging by the reactions, the Jesters are not welcome, no matter the official statements. I have a proposal how to deal with this in the future, I'll tell you in time.

Two teams were supposed to be here, but one left town by ship just before our arrival. We have yet to arrange a game against the other one, but in the meantime, we met the most wondrous creatures: rat-like humanoids of seemingly elemental intelligence, yet smart enough to play the game of Blood Bowl. I never heard of them nor read about them before, so I arranged a match without a clue what to expect.

To make it short: We lost 1 - 3. Those rat-men are incredibly fast, and even though we managed to knock some out due to their relatively squishiness, they kept coming back, stole the ball and scored. Their tactics are sneaky and cunning. I'll brief master Xanic on the details so that his team will be prepared. For further investigation, I ordered our servants to kill one of them and raised it right on the pitch. Unfortunately it seems to have lost most of its speed and agility. I'll inform you on any insights we might gain into its nature.

As a side note, I'm very pleased with the progress your wights made. Ball-handling has vastly improved, they even managed a passing play to remedy the situation after a well-aimed kick by our opponents.

I'll continue exploring the place for you and master Xanic. Expect more updates soon.

~ Black Wolf

Jump to: