80 coaches online • Server time: 22:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Convince a friend to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KenThis

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2013 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Either a third division and leave black box be.

Or just have a quiet word with low tv minmaxers.

Or remove any CR implications so people just play for fun and not to massage egos.
luckyjim12

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2013 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

PO only usable against a smaller opponent seems like a good idea. The fluff of a goblin piling onto an ogre is not that great...
bghandras

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2013 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

1. Fix for attrition:
Limit Piling on as much as possible. Limiting means either:
- Banning Piling on altogether
- Make it a Big guy skill only. Really just big guys, not even str 5 players

2. Fix for minmaxing:
Fan factor to count double (20k each points) in TV. If you win, or play a lot, your FF will approximates 10. This would save rookie teams to be hunted.

No1 would save teams with high TV, No2 would save teams with very low TV. So I expect that the TV range of games available would increase.

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2013 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

My wishlist:

1. a possible general Rulechange for LRB7 would be to allow to use Piling On only once per turn. Like pass for example. That would already cure the piling on problem, if you see it as a problem.
2. For BB I would love to see a matchmaking with some wider choice, so that inducements happen more frequently. It would be best if players could choose the option to be paired with a higher TV difference. Ofcourse only against players that choose the same option.
3. Allow Stunty League teams in BB but only to be paired against stunty league teams. (big experiment)
4. Give all halflings Jump Up or allow pass and TTM in one turn.
Throweck

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2013 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

If casualties caused by po did not gain spp, would it make a difference to coaches using it? ie, make it more of a positional decision rather than a splatt move. Also, these players would take longer to skill up rather than becoming a cpomb legend in a short space of time.

For what it's worth I don't really know as I don't play there too often, but it's an idea.

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2013 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

remove PO from all divisions.

edit: or Big Guys only for PO (good fluff)

job done

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2013 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

1. fix for min max
implement a tv floor of 1400tv or so after x amount of games. this should remove rookie hunting with a low min max tv team. will also make goblins and flings more enjoyable in the box if you knew to stay well under 1400tv to get inducements.
and/or
match by something other than tv, or a mix of tv and something else. anything. tv matching just encourages min max and sweet spotting.
i.e. in league I will take 3 rerolls for humans and probably 3 reserves. in blackbox I take 2 rerolls and maximum 2 reserves. the extra reroll and reserves aren't worth getting matched to harder opponents imo.

I want to try unlimited matching after 30+ games, with perhaps previous races played and tv as secondary matching criteria. I am not to fussed how matching is changed, I just want to try something different than tv.

2. racial bias
remove the racial bias. this is absolute bs and I cant believe it is still there. the point of the box is 100% random matchups, which racial bias defeats.
if you don't want to play mirror games in the box, don't play the most popular race!
don't think your amazons should be matched up against dwarves? tough titties! you take on all comers in the box. if u draw dwarves with amazons, suck it up and remind yourself you have positive matchups with 21/23 other races in game. if you don't want to play against a team that hard counters yours, don't play a team that can be hard countered! you must be prepared to play against every team in the box.

3.clpomb fix
I would change tv matchmaking 1st before I change the rules, to see if that helps with the problems in the box. if it doesn't making claw only work while standing sounds like a good fix. keeps pomb nice and deadly for all the non mutants to splatter elves, while making av9 v claw much sturdier.
other potential fix is to increase cost of superstar and legend skills.
Headjerk

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2013 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

The powers that be decide the rules. As players we play by these rules and exploit them to our advantage. Players will ALWAYS complain and whine about rules they do not like. If you implement rule changes outside of the establishment you are no longer playing the same sport/game. Eg rugby league and rugby union.
My 2 cents.
Drrek

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2013 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I really hate the idea of using a rule set different than the actual official ruleset for a ranked division, so I am very against any rules nerf against Piling On (even though it is overpowered).

In my opinion, the Ranked and Blackbox merge by just having a random matchmaking option in ranked is the best solution. Either that or take action against people who make the extremely min-maxed teams.
jamiep151

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2013 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Allow people to forfeit with no extra site rules about it (ie you can retire turn 1 and only face the penalties in the rule book). Now when facing a min/max team you can either choose to slog it out and try for a win or take a quick loss and move on.

Note: This is to deal with min/max not mass clawpomb at high tv as I think your team should be able to play fairly against it by then, if this was not possible clawpomb would win all the majors which it doesn't.
Roland

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2013 - 00:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm really divided after reading all the comments.

I really think that NTBB CRP+ should exist on fumbbl, and parts of it do, but the question is if [B] should have these changes.

The real problem is actually low TV minmax cpombers, like the little person team for example, which prey on rookie teams.

I think that something has to be done about the scheduler so that new teams cannot be scheduled against teams with cpomb legends.

Otherwise, bringing back 3rd ed PO would be cool Very Happy

EDIT:

* claw, po and mb does not stack

* fouling is always with +1 to armour

Last edited by Roland on %b %23, %2013 - %00:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2013 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

My wish list: (but the current offering is great)

1) Generate more excellent and thought out answers in the forum by creating an option to start a thread which only allows one reply per coach. (Maybe you get a second reply after 20 other posts)

2) All Plasmoid's rule changes already available in the client.

3) Have Box match making use TV only, no racial data, and automatically pair up all available opponents unless a TV split is MASSIVE.

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2013 - 05:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Remove racial bias.

or

Box match making to be totally random pairings within arbitrary TV ranges:
Lightweight -1300TV
Middleweight 1200-1700TV
Heavyweight 1600TV+
with teams in the overlap ranges eligible for pairing in either light/middle or middle/heavy.
Teams with more than 10 games not eligible for the lightweight division, and get bumped to the middleweight category automatically.

Join the Human League Premiership!
Beerox

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2013 - 06:11 Reply with quote Back to top

- Big Guy only PO

- Eliminate Chaos Pact entirely
Eyecon33

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2013 - 06:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Make Healing Potions purchasable on a per team basis. 100k starting, maybe the cost of it scales with the value of the team.

I feel the problem is the amount of casualties being inflicted rendering a team difficult or unable to play. To prevent the potential all-legend team, make the potion only remove one injury and incapable of bringing players back from the dead.

This wouldn't change anything in the client(that I'm aware of), and it would be a more 'passive' fix.
 Jump to: