16 coaches online • Server time: 06:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...goto Post Cindy Piewhistle
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What region in the world has the best Bloodbowl players?
South and Central America
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
North America
15%
 15%  [ 21 ]
Europe
74%
 74%  [ 103 ]
Asia
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Africa
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Oceania and rest of the world
7%
 7%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 139

albator2001

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2006 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Woodpecker wrote:
Well, I'd love to represent the US. However, you've got a huge problem. There aren't 16 active, good players on Fumbbl from Africa (okay, I'm not certain, but I bet you'll be really hard-pressed to find them), and you'll also have trouble finding South Americans, and to a smaller extent, Asians. So you need bigger groups. I'd reccomend 3: The Americas, Europe and Africa, Austraulasia and Oceania. You're also going to want to weight the number of entries from each nation. I guarentee there are far more fumbblers from the US or England than there are from Nicaragua or Moldovia. So first you need to choose the nations, then split them into groups, then decide how many spots each gets, then recruit. Wink

Don't tread on me! /me waves flag

Going by real World Cup rules you don't need to be born in a country or live in it to represent it.

You can represent a country that a parent or grand parent was born in. That would give a bit more of an international feel.

I would represent Ghana.

(I'm not claiming to be good though Very Happy )

I think we must have the passport as condition. Like real world cup.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2006 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

OK, what about this...

why dont you make it so that its like a stable for each country, and have the big nations England, US, Italy, Spain, Australia, germany make up a team of 4-6 players, then play them off against each other, and have 1 match between the nations, but the nations decides who can play, based on who will be online etc, and ensure that everyone in a stabe gets a game

Or you could ditch the idea and make a Ryder Cup, Europe v USA (or Europe vs USA/Australia), easier to do i reckon
NekaFuksa

Post 1 Posted: Aug 06, 2006 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Well Koadah hed some point there!

Why dont we let people to chose which country they will represent no metter where they are from.

I mean 70% people hire are from UK,America and Germany(I gues) and it would be unfair that we have a World cup that have 20 coaches that represent UK 12 America 18 Germany and on the other hand 1 Serbia,3 France,2 Netherlands...

So it would be much interesting if there are 3 players representing UK but the rest of the people from UK who wont to play ,can represent any other country they like Wink

Then,this would be loocking like a real World Cup and not America vs UK vs rest of the world Wink and it would be realy qool to have players representing 30,40... diferent countries
benninstein

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2006 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Can't each country organise its own tournament to determine its own champion, then have 1 representative in the special final setup?
Cortelll

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2006 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, let me reply to some of the people that had good input in the page:

Woodpecker:
It is true that there aren't very many teams from other locations, but at least we can give them a try then improvise later. It is true that some nations like england, sweden and germany should try to represent more than 3 teams, but they will get a chance in case there is a need to have a filler team.
At the same time there isn't only 11 countries listed in the coaches locator from africa, but we should see if we can find some of them!!

Koadah:
It think your idea is brilliant!! from now on anybody can represent a country which their ancestors are from ( I will not check your family tree, I believe your word), so we can find people that can represent their countries better!!

So far I got the following countries represented:
Name of player:country(region,number of teams left in the region, number of teams left from that country)
NekaFuksa: Servia (Europe, 23,2)
G_force: England (Europe, 22,2)
Rijssiej: Netherlands (Europe, 21, 2)
Cortelll: United States (North and Central America, 23, 2)
PeteW: England (Europe, 21, 1)
Woodpecker: United States ( North and Central America, 22, 1)
Koadah: Ghana (Africa, 7, 2)

Here are the qualifiers:

North and Central America:
3 qualifiers 8 teams each. 24 teams total

South America:
2 qualifiers 8 teams each 16 teams total

Africa:
2 qualifiers 8 teams each. 16 teams total

Europe:
3 qualifiers 8 teams each, (most points out of all 3 groups qualifies) 24 teams total

Asia

Oceania and rest of the world

2 more qualifing spots will be awarded to regions with most number of teams.

I am currently working on pages to sign up your teams, and also trying to PM people from individial countries, stay posted.

Also if anybody want to show me how to do a little bit of HTML. I know all the basics, but some of the groups in Fumbbl look amazing!!

Thanks for all the good input!!!

Vamps Group
Cortelll

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2006 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello,
Here is the first group page that I did!!
<a href="http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=3770">Link to page</a>
Obiosly I need lots and lots of help!!
First of all, can anybody tell me why my link at the bottom of my threat doesn't work?
Second, can anybody tell me how can I conserve the good quality of the image instead of the crappy one that I put on!!
That for starters, any questions or answer please pots here!!
Thanks,

Vamps Group
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2006 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=3770

there ya go Very Happy
NekaFuksa

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 12:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Cortelll, maybe I mispaled my countrie name when I wrote u a PM (doesnt matter anyway) but can u please change ''Servia'' to ''Serbia'' Wink
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi there, I had an idea like this recently. I think it's great in principle, but the problem (and why I ditched it at the design stage) I think will be playing across time zones. My idea was to accept stables of 4 coaches from each country, and then split the coaches across 4 divisions. The divisions would play a season, and each nation's scores totalled, moving 4 stables to the playoffs, where 4 guys from country A would play the 4 from country B, then to a final.

I think the idea had legs, but I dropped it because of the time zone problem. I do think, however, the representing your country idea is one loads of people would be interested in. It's just finding a way in which it would work. The qualifing section of your tournament may well fix this problem to a degree.

Good luck with your tourney, I hope it's a success! Very Happy
Rabid_Bogscum

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

ill get the ball rolling on the Australia front.. im in.. and have a few options if you need me to represent anywhere else

Proud Member of the SWL
Sickroy

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to start for Korea please. BE THE READS!

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

brownrob wrote:
OK, what about this...

why dont you make it so that its like a stable for each country, and have the big nations England, US, Italy, Spain, Australia, germany make up a team of 4-6 players, then play them off against each other, and have 1 match between the nations, but the nations decides who can play, based on who will be online etc, and ensure that everyone in a stabe gets a game

Or you could ditch the idea and make a Ryder Cup, Europe v USA (or Europe vs USA/Australia), easier to do i reckon

The Ryder Cup style tournament is a good but different idea. To do it properly probably would not be so easy.

You could have 11 coaches per team.
You could pick the top two/four/eight countries on Coach Locator.

Not easy to run but it would get people excited.
Picking the teams & team captains would keep the forums going for a while Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2006 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Fellas, I have created each group page so you can apply!!
Please please, please, let me knwo what I can do to improve the webpage lay out of each one, and how to fix that big picture problem!!
Thanks,

P.S. You can start making your Newbie teams now!!

So far I got the following countries represented:
Name of player:country(region,number of teams left in the region, number of teams left from that country)
NekaFuksa: Serbia (Europe, 23,2)
G_force: England (Europe, 22,2)
Rijssiej: Netherlands (Europe, 21, 2)
Cortelll: United States (North and Central America, 23, 2)
PeteW: England (Europe, 21, 1)
Woodpecker: United States ( North and Central America, 22, 1)
Koadah: Ghana (Africa, 7, 2)
Sickroy:Korea (Asia, 23,2)

Here are the qualifiers:

North and Central America Region
3 qualifiers 8 teams each. 24 teams total

Asia Region
3 qualifiers 8 teams each 16 teams total

Africa Region

Europe Region
3 qualifiers 8 teams each, (most points out of all 3 groups qualifies) 24 teams total

South America Region
South America

Oceania Region

2 more qualifing spots will be awarded to regions with most number of teams.

Vamps Group
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2006 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

ok i havent read everything here and maybe im wrong... but dont you think asia oceania and africa together have less players then the states and the states and canada have still much less player then the whole european continent where bloodbowl is played in nearly every country
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2006 - 01:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Re Oceania... check out the SWL. Biggest league on fumbbl.
 Jump to: