17 coaches online • Server time: 07:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...goto Post Designer's Comm...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2007 - 05:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully wrote:
As celas has pointed out and umlimited cap is absolutely the wrong way to go with this league.

Based on what? Speculation that Bashy teams would dominate the league?

SWL past results indicate that this isn't necessarily the case.. of the 18 Premiere championships, WE won 3, DE won 4, and Skaven won 2. That's half of the championships won by teams that in "theory" shouldn't survive in an uncapped league (not to mention one win each for Norse and Human). I'd go on to mention that in 18 seasons there have been exactly 0 Orc Champions.
tautology

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2007 - 08:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

tautology wrote:
Celas wrote:
Quote:

...AV 7 just does not work as well as AV 9...

Agreed that it is difficult, but I certainly would have preferred to play with Woodelves rather than Lizards.

As it stands, you have the best record in the entire league...though I hope to help modify that in round 5

That is interesting Taut, as your draft list before the first season indicated you would rather have lizards instead of wood elves. I copied and pasted this from your post before the first season As it stands, Wood elves were the 3rd team on my list.

lol!

Now there's an inconvenient fact for me...hehe!

I still stand by my statement, I can only imagine that I had tired of playing Wood Elves when I signed up..and I do have a fondness for the lizards. I do believe that Wood Elves are a team that is clearly superior to Lizards, despite my draft request.

Touche to you, sir!
Shaka808

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2007 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
Mully wrote:
As celas has pointed out and umlimited cap is absolutely the wrong way to go with this league.

SWL past results indicate that this isn't necessarily the case.. of the 18 Premiere championships, WE won 3, DE won 4, and Skaven won 2. That's half of the championships won by teams that in "theory" shouldn't survive in an uncapped league (not to mention one win each for Norse and Human). I'd go on to mention that in 18 seasons there have been exactly 0 Orc Champions.

Which seems to support the low AV agile teams generally win more than the Bashy teams while the bashy teams just never go away Smile. I think the bashy teams overall goal is to kill as many for champions as possible as some sort of moral victory Smile.
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2007 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure I see a problem with this. I mean, we have the TR Caps, the Demotion Culling of TR, DP limitations, how many more regulations do you want in place? If everyone is here to have a good time and we all know that the top reward is an NWL championship, anyone can try any method to get there, some (like playing an elf team) is going to have a higher percentage of success (defined by winning games) than others (Like bashing your way to winning games).

If you have a bad game, or a bad season, you still have choices, like starting over, dropping out, or sticking with it in the hopes that next season will be better, luckier, whatever. No one seems to have a problem with bashy teams losing so often, just that they survive, while dodgey teams can be crippled in a win. The reason this is still okay is that elf teams can, and do, win with less than 11 players starting, while bashy team effectiveness sharply declines under 11.

I don't care what race I play, if the dice are with me, I will hand out a vicious beatdown to my opponent, even or especially if I like them. I expect the same to be done to me. Twisted Evil

I am still thankful there are enough coaches in NWL that care enough to debate issues this passionately.

Mully

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2007 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Round 5 Featured Match: Blud 'n Gutz vs. Wasted Northerners</b>

Are you nutty? Two mediocre teams fighting for scraps. Meanwhile above us, Taste the Waste and the Jihad Nut Cakes battle for the Premeire Division title. Hell ..... I may even skip my game to watch that one!!!1

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2007 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
Mully wrote:

Quote from Recent NWL Premeire Match
<b>"Pretty much what everyone expected. What happens when two teams with a 60 TS difference have even luck.

well played Taut, best of luck in the rest of the season. Hope your reptiles win, They are a very strong team.

EDIT In response: I don't need luck, I'm playing Todfather! Very Happy</b>"

But Craft, by all means lets just let those Premeire TRs grow ad infinitum so that we can beat the newly promoted Vet teams into submission.

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2007 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully wrote:
<b>Round 5 Featured Match: Blud 'n Gutz vs. Wasted Northerners</b>

Are you nutty? Two mediocre teams fighting for scraps. Meanwhile above us, Taste the Waste and the Jihad Nut Cakes battle for the Premeire Division title. Hell ..... I may even skip my game to watch that one!!!1

3 things:
1. I have to pick the match up ahead of time
2. Even Taut will tell you he can win all season he won't finish in first Wink
3. I lowered Celas' TR by 23 points to make that match look quite a bit closer than it did a couple weeks ago.
3. middle of the pack matchups are to avoid relegation. You are not out of reach yet points-wise. Imma get you sucker!
3. You cuss more, and cussing = funny

Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2007 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

This is why I love this league! Very Happy

As I see it; Agile teams win... Bashy teams bash... you need to win to win... therefor Agile beats Bashy... (I'm great at this logic stuff!)
If we look at the recent majors we see that the agile teams win most if nor all of them... (I do know that they are in Ranked and cherry pick their way to high TR but still... they have an easier time to win.)

Also what Craft said. Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2007 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
(I'm great at this logic stuff!)

bigbroth-brb=igoth

Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2007 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Foetown Fraggles (TR/Str 152/144 Skaven) defeats Permanent Plutocracy(TR/Str 229/211 Chaos Dwarf)

I now vote for no retiring of teams. Wink I need a chance to redeem myself. Evil or Very Mad

Meech

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2007 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Da_Todfatha wrote:

Foetown Fraggles (TR/Str 152/144 Skaven) defeats Permanent Plutocracy(TR/Str 229/211 Chaos Dwarf)

I now vote for no retiring of teams. Wink I need a chance to redeem myself. Evil or Very Mad

Neener Neener, you got kicked in the wiener.

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2007 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

WTF is up with my division? Come on guys, let's please try to play by the deadlines at least. We've been waiting a good two weeks or more for a single game to get played so we can all move on, and both coaches are regularly on the site. Confused

Not that I'm particularly looking forward to 14 Orcs followed by uber-bashy claw-ful Chaos, but the sooner I get decimated the sooner I can begin rebuilding. Razz

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2007 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

As soon as Whitesun gets his behind back online I'm sure we'll be able to play some evening. I've been chasing him for a couple weeks now.

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2007 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi everybody, I just recently moved to the US from Australia and have been a long term player in the SWL.
I have also been an admin for the SWL, I would like to join the NWL when the next season starts.
Foolwholaughsatdeath can vouch for me, as well as anybody in the SWL.

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2007 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I vouch for Toonie. He's a very reliable coach and fun to play against too.
 Jump to: