41 coaches online • Server time: 12:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post SWL Season CI
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Archpeasant

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2017 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I apologise for having given pythrr something to post about.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2017 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought it was at the North Pole. All those islands above Canada. Santa is the king of Poland, yes?

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2017 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Many years ago a Polish friend translated some useful phrases if our fave coach ever returned. Rolling Eyes

"Zbuduj mega bunkier nie do przejscia, jest zbudowany ze zwyciestwa"

"RNG jest zepsuty i faworyzuje tych z wysokim wynikiem trenowania"

"Wszystkie wasze odwrocone oczy naleza do nas"

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2017 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Google translate says:

"Build a mega bunker not to go, it is built of victory"

"RNG is broken and favors those with high training"

"All your inverted eyes belong to us"
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2017 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

But when I said eastern European, I was really thinking Italian. And the Spanish guys can type some pretty offensive sp-english things too.

Pretty much anyone not from Canada tends to flame the forum. Plus, the French-Canadians peck out some broken-english offense on a regular basis. I guess I bang of an insulting remark full of spelling mistakes now again again too.

Now that I think of it, aside from 4 or 5 real gentlemen on the site, we're all pretty much dicks here. Welcome, Zhems. Get tough. Stalling isn't the worst of it. If you stick around, you're gonna get in 20 times the games you ever would on table-top, and you don't want to be going Spiro every time the RNG hands you quad-skulls.

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2017 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
I feel like if you wanted to keep it going, we should start again from here:

Grod wrote:
I just wanted to point out, that most versions of BloodBowl, INCLUDING BB2017 are supposed to be played with special play cards - Random Events, Dirty Tricks etc. These cards do more than add a fun element, they add a random element that makes it dangerous to stall. Back in the day, and on TT with the latest version, you wouldn't stall if you suspected there was a trampoline trap in the EndZone. Or a landmine. Or a banana peel.

So BloodBowl without cards is quite a different game indeed, and perhaps on FUMBBL we aren't actually playing the game in the spirit it's actually intended?

It's an interesting observation, and not one I'd considered before.

Also kudos to Grod for being in the original 2003 stalling thread! Very Happy

You know, this is a very good point. with the 90's Death zone cards you would score asap to prevent mayhem happening on your precious scoring chance. And I do find myself less comfortable stalling when my oppo has a card. could be a trap, but also a reserve popping up in the end zone. And to be fair, I forgot what all the non-fumbble-implemented cards do.
Helloo

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2017 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Harad, I didn't say people should be forced not to stall.

But, as it happens in my experience there is tacit and sometimes explicit agreement on some things outside the rules; for example I would say timing people out is generally held to be "bad" unless the player is consistently taking a long time and there is a warning. There is also something about concessions I have seen/heard. It seems to me that some people are not actually such moral relativists about BB as they would have us believe.
Another thing which occurs to me: suppose someones tries to stall, and it goes wrong somehow and so the game ends in a tie. I think then the would-be staller is naturally annoyed, because they feel like they had it in their hands to win and they threw it away. If they feel like that then it undermines the justification of the stall being fear of a 1-turn TD. If they genuinely feared a 1-turn TD then one would expect them to believe it still might well have ended in a tie. In this way a lot of the responses seem more like rationalisations than reasons to me. But people can do what they want, I never said otherwise.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2017 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Murker wrote:
But when I said eastern European, I was really thinking Italian. And the Spanish guys can type some pretty offensive sp-english things too.

Pretty much anyone not from Canada tends to flame the forum. Plus, the French-Canadians peck out some broken-english offense on a regular basis. I guess I bang of an insulting remark full of spelling mistakes now again again too.

Now that I think of it, aside from 4 or 5 real gentlemen on the site, we're all pretty much dicks here. Welcome, Zhems. Get tough. Stalling isn't the worst of it. If you stick around, you're gonna get in 20 times the games you ever would on table-top, and you don't want to be going Spiro every time the RNG hands you quad-skulls.

Never go FULL Spiro.

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2017 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Murker wrote:
But when I said eastern European, I was really thinking Italian.

Geography at its finest!
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2017 - 00:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Spain is in eastern Europe too.

See, I moved my wide and unjustified categorization of semi-english speaking coaches east a bit so you wouldn't think I was talking about you personally. Perhaps it didn't work. (maybe it did)

Translating english at it finest!

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2017 - 00:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly, I just thought you didn't know geography.
I didn't decide to use English, it was an imposed choice. I try to write properly and I apologize for my mistakes.
As long as people understand me I'm quite satisfied. Very Happy
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2017 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Whoah! Don't you dare go and get all civilized. If you and I don't tangle over something as silly as how you don't read your second language as well as I type my first language, this thread is going to die.

We can get it locked if we try hard enough.

A civil end to such an iconic thread? Is that even possible?

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2017 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Zhems... I saw this Blog and thought you may be interested.

Link

Especially as they have some new ideas since I was last involved.

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2017 - 01:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Archpeasant wrote:
I apologise for having given pythrr something to post about.

i ALWAYS have something to post about

BEES!!!

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2017 - 01:46 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
PoLisH CoaCH say what this all talk of western nonsensesies that Eastern EuROPA is not Glorius soviet of Party Legend propogandas?!!!! All mens know this Only THEM ESTONIAN potato-buggerers who what make BBAD REPUTAIOSNS for Easterns Europeans mens and womens and cats.

In GLORIOUS SOVIET OF POALNKSI all mens ASK questions of goods, and NO bad questioons, except for them stupid mena swhat we call IMMIGERANT WORKERS FROM AMERIKAS.

Da, Tovarisch.

Jump to: