17 coaches online • Server time: 06:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Bone-Idol

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2008 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Falesh wrote:
I'm starting to get something a bit more icon like, I still need to think up how to set it in an overall logo though.

It's actually quite similar to my Badland Rams logo..

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=413963

so some similar setting should work...
Mates

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2008 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

That cabal 5 test run looks magnificient! Kaithalesse and Bob look like good team Smile
I for one like her boobs, I like that elven anatomy is different to human Very Happy
Keep it rolling, it really rock! Very Happy

Falesh: I like that sheep, it looks so inocent Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2008 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Cabal announce desk and hosts look AWESOME. great work bone.

That goat thing scares me a bit so i'll be dodging that team i think.

Habeli, good work and GIMP is great, powerfull and best of all FREE Very Happy

i think the badge is great but would recomend that your delete (zoom in and use the eraser) the square white corners then save as a gif or png to just finish it off.
Nice work on the mummy logo too.

def909

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2008 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Bone-Idol wrote:
Curious to know...exactly what percentage of time did you spend looking at Bobs chain, and what percentage at Kaithalesse's breasts? Laughing

Well, I´m sure I must´ve looked at his chain for at least a second or two... not sure how long I actually looked at Kaithalesse... maybe 5 minutes if you include running for some tissue paper Razz

Bone-Idol wrote:
As to the cleavage...is not a push-up bra...the steel plates are for protection...so I guess it would be the tight bodysuit underneath that pushes them together...

Though I hate to disappoint, she is an elf...she really doesn't have a huge cleavage...adolecent fantasies aside, I really couldn't condone a picture of an elf with a huge heaving cleavage. It just isn't right!

Their size is just fine, I was purely concerned about their shape Very Happy

Bone-Idol wrote:
Am more concerned how it fits...does the studion layout look OK? Does it fit the screen OK, without too much page stretch? Is the detail OK? Suggestions appreciated!

They are not the only two presenters...theirs a Khemrian and a vampire...(The Graveyard Shift!) a skaven and a goblin...even a dwarf somewhere with a pint of Bugmans...(the vamp. is still in design...not sure if female or male more fun...)

OK...gotta ask...I know who Mr T is...but who the hell is "Thorpe"?

The studio looks fine to me! As for Thorpe... oh well, nevermind

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2008 - 01:23 Reply with quote Back to top

For those perverted sad acts who just aint happy without a ridiculous cleavage...you'll be happy to know I decided on a female vamp...this afternoon I started work on Isabella...Kaithelisse's bitter rival and Lord Zamora's co-host on CABAL 5's "Graveyard Shift" Broadcast...though I at least saved her blushes by covering up her midrift... Rolling Eyes

Is only WIP...will probably cannibalise some of Kaithelisse's arms for her...you may notice she has K's eyes (quite literally!)...but I'm definately getting better at faces...will have to touch up K's to get the standards level...

OK...I couldn't justify an elf with heaving cleavage, but as long time hammer horror fan, all female vamps have heaving cleavages...so there!

@ Habeli...looking fine to me...would like to see stronger colours and possibly a stronger outline to the mummy/halfling pic, given its cartoon style...

Have always had a soft spot for taking well known branding and altering it...Orca-Cola etc...perhaps its the tiny anti-capitalist terrorist in me, that believes advertising is one of the Devils latest ventures (the others being War, Law, Stocks, Politics and Boy Bands...)

As far as CABAL 5 goes Eyes Wide Open is the obvious choice...good strong logos look good on the show! Little wrried about how it would reduce...the fine chain work...fluffwise it would be the team of evolving lifeforms...will have to try to understand that when I get sometime... Wink
Falesh

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2008 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Getting there, I'm probably going to keep tweaking it but it is good enough to add to my team now. Smile Here is the large version (saved as a png so people with IE6 won't see the transparency):

Last edited by Falesh on %b %23, %2008 - %16:%Jan; edited 2 times in total
Leniyuhl

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2008 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

About that vamp... I got a few issues that you may and may not agree with.
1. The face is too full. Vampires are undead and should be slightly anorectic. That being said she should still be sexy.
2. since she is a vampire Id say she should even a) look really evil or b)have a disturbing, yet appealing smile. She is no bar maid. (this could probably be created quite easily by someone with your skill)
3. Red eyes!

The cleavage is fine, a bit too much for my taste but im a bit strange.
Bone-Idol

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2008 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Leniyuhl wrote:
About that vamp... I got a few issues that you may and may not agree with.
1. The face is too full. Vampires are undead and should be slightly anorectic. That being said she should still be sexy.
2. since she is a vampire Id say she should even a) look really evil or b)have a disturbing, yet appealing smile. She is no bar maid. (this could probably be created quite easily by someone with your skill)
3. Red eyes!

The cleavage is fine, a bit too much for my taste but im a bit strange.

A common misconception! (blame the emo-goths!) Wink

Of course we all see vampires differently...there is so much reference these days...I personally discount Buffyism on sight...blame the Lost Boys for face morphing feeders...

Anorexic...? Vamps are a long time undead, but a short time dead...they rise, depending on literature, within 1-3 days...very little time for decaying weight loss...they also do not age or decay anyway, so a vamp should logically rise looking exactly as they died...only paler...having been drained by a vamp to become a vamp they obviously start bloodless (certain literature argues that after feeding they are full of blood and regain a human skin colour).

But for purpose, lets stick to Warhammer vamps...again anorexic...Blood Dragons/Von Carstiens would be well muscled....Strigoi ridiculously so...Lahmians might be slender, but well proportioned...or buxom, lithe, etc...but always alluring...only Necrachs would be anorexic looking....and they never appear attractive, as they are constantly rotting...

As to appearing evil...the Lahmians are described as appearing uber-innocent (until they strike!)...the Von Carstiens passed themselves of a s human nobility for ages without anyone spotting them...

As to being no barmaid...well, if you were a fan of Hammer Horror like me, you would know that the staple diet of the average vampire is the buxom local barmaid! Laughing

Red eyes? Well...I'll take that into consideration and give it a try...personally I've never ascribed to the red eyed vamp...it is hard to look innocent and alluring with what appears to be a terminal case of red-eye!

As to specific reasoning...I wanted a face shape that was clear and distinct from Kaithelisse's...plus to support a cleavage like that in a world without plastic surgery, you would have to have a more rounded face...you couldn't be ultra skinny in the face department and have a huge cleavage...it just doesn't make physical sense...

To conclude however, in my mind (and I'm the one doing the artwork, so meh!) a vamp is basically humanlike...an elf would look far more disturbing to us! But she will look far more vampirelike when she opens her mouth... Wink
Leniyuhl

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2008 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, so given that bloodbowl is mostly warhammer universe I guess I have to bow down to superior reading. I have only read through the fluff of the vampire count army book from a few editions back.
I dont really find the warhammerish comedy vamps to be quite as alluring as the early vampire movie vamps. Of course that would be mostly Von Carstein fashion and maybe a few nechrachs.
She does dress a bit on the Von Carstein side though...
Bone-Idol

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2008 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed...the minis are appalling! There is no way a set of slightly inlarged canines would be visible on a model... Rolling Eyes

If you look at the illustrations of Lahmians/Von Carstiens though, they are very Hammer Horror looking...I picture her as a Von Carstien...a name like Isabella is more old world than Lahmian...though she could be Lahmian...
Bone-Idol

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2008 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Now for an oldie...

tuco wrote:
Bone-Idol, you are truly one of the best things to happen to FUMBBL recently.

Your StingRays Khmeri blitzer is truly awesome. If I could beg you to change the StingRays stuff to Scarab Beatles, I would make the dude one of my two past running backs (either Skeletor Rigby or Jude) and blow it up into a poster to hang in my office.

Please please pleeeaaase!

Actually did this ages ago...

...but just wasn't happy...changed my mind about Lord Zamora...skellies are mindless automatons in Warhammer, and co-hosting the Garveyard Shift with Isabella....well, isn't she just gonna use her vampiric powers to control him...?

Wouldn't it be better for their interplay if he could not only resist her, but had a real problem with her? Like she was the kinda gurlie his Mummy always warned him about...you can guess where this is headed can't you? Laughing

Yup....Lord Zamora's gone up in the world! Wink

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y181/BONEIDOL/BLOODBOWL/ZAMORA-SCARAB-BEATLES.jpg
WARNING...this one is TOO DAMN BIG to show here! Don't open unless you got one **** hot connection or some time to kill...still nice to show just how detailed these CABAL 5 pics are for a change...this image at actual scale...Bob, Kaithelisse, and friends are all this size! Shocked
Mates

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2008 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

When I see that vampire maiden I wish that virtual reality was real...she's sooooo hot! Twisted Evil

Bone_Idol, you must be sent by Nuffle to help us better understand world of Blood Bowl
I beg you, please create hard rock Bob for me Laughing

Now seriously, none of you have commented my yearbook Evil or Very Mad
You see I worked really hard on them (ok so maybe not that hard but it did take time Very Happy ) so some feed-back would be nice (please notice that miniatures are dressed in custom colours) Wink

Hard Rock Hats Yearbook (colours red/white/black(beards)): http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=yearbook&team_id=299231
Hammer'n'Anvil Yearbook red/golden/black/orange(beards)): http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=yearbook&team_id=240067

Yeah and I would also welcome some raction on my ilustration of Hard Rock Hats bio...will put it here because I know most of you is too lazy to click some link and this way you won't have any chance to avoid it Laughing
I know it isn't of very high quality but whatever Cool

Sorry for bothering you but I really want to know what you think of it Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2008 - 11:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Mates wrote:

Now seriously, none of you have commented my yearbook Evil or Very Mad

They look great... Wink

From a Cabal 5 perspective though, team pics not really a great help...need team logos/colours...and where are the team/player bio's...? Get fluffing! Laughing

On illustrative note, the Hammers need a more dorfy lookin' 'ammmer on their pic...they don't shop at B&Q! (to my American cousins- is a UK DIY store...but in the interests of winning hearts and minds, please replace with..."they don't shop at Wallmart!" Wink )
Qaz

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2008 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
I guess I'll have to schedule a game Hellfish vs Lone Stars for Cabal5 Very Happy

Just got back from Thailand this morning. Ready when you are Jan. Althou I think there is more than 40 TS diff atm.

Putrid Posse: Try having a 343 / 274 TR/TS chaos team and not a single mutation let alone claw.

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2008 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

As soon as we're in range, consider yourself challenged, Qaz.

/me slaps Qaz with a iron glove Very Happy