18 coaches online • Server time: 07:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2014 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

From 16 games on there is no modifier for number of games, if I understand correctly.

I haven't been able to play too much since the change was implemented but invariably, if I did activate one of my "new" teams (with 0-4 games), they got scheduled over my other teams.
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2014 - 11:11 Reply with quote Back to top

@ Overhamsteren..

Racial Modifier + Random Factor + ?? = Suitability score you see is unique. The suitability score might be different next draw for the same teams, right?

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2014 - 07:21 Reply with quote Back to top

How rigid is the 15 game rule?

Yesterday I got this matchup
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3526484
7 game Lizzies vs 150 game Underworld (I had the higher TV).

Just asking - not complaining, it was a great game vs a fun opponent!
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2014 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

It isn't rigid. The less than 15 games protection means that those matches are less likely than pretty much any alternative match. But, if there is no alternative, they will happen.

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2014 - 14:17 Reply with quote Back to top

New teams protection worked here: https://fumbbl.com/p/blackbox?op=scheduler&r=2014-01-17+09%3A30

To bad no perms for my opponent Sad
cthol

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2014 - 00:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it just me or has the scheduler changed the order in which it displays games? It seems it now displays oldest at the top rather than newest...
uuni

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2014 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

cdassak wrote:
How rigid is the 15 game rule?

Yesterday I got this matchup
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3526484
7 game Lizzies vs 150 game Underworld (I had the higher TV).

Just asking - not complaining, it was a great game vs a fun opponent!

One could think that 1310k vs 1170k wouldn't count on being unfair against the overdog, or how? Smile
Tarabaralla

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2014 - 12:33 Reply with quote Back to top

After some time with this update I repute great I'd say it brings mostly good things.

Imho it drove B to some good change:
- There's still minmaxing, even after 30 games, but it's less frequent and has generally left the 1000-1200 TV zone. Cutting too much exposes those teams to extreme failure in case of being matched with some big team.
- Agility teams with 30+ games may have hard times while rebuilding but they gain a lot from inducements.
- Huge teams are more likely to get games
- Clawmbpo is still insanely popular, but this can't be fixed by a scheduler, sadly.

Just one kind of team wasn't getting any benefit in my perception: stunties.
Having a smaller TV range of opponents at the beginning is not a gain for them, and they still are forced to bloat their TV to get matches with rookie teams, sacrificing inducements. They're already far from being strong, but forcing them to choices not optimal really spoils the fun. What I see as a solution, and I dare to suggest it to the attention of Christer, is that no other team will benefit from a simple rule which may give stunties a more 'natural' starting roster.

Suggestion: Any team in the 0-1000 TV range may be scheduled vs any team in the 0-1000 TV range.

This would allow a starting halfling or goblin team to get his inducements, without relevantly helping any other race (teams with cheap linemen wouldn't get any benefit from fielding 11 linemen and a pair of rerolls instead of a full team), and giving a chance to rebuild to the occasional hard-beaten team fallen under 900 TV.
I guess getting a game won't be that easy, the scheduler will prefer closer matchup than those with a 300k difference, but it's a risk the coach knows while making his starting roster.
After growing a bit in TV probably things will be same as now, without much chanes of nice inducements, but at least that halfling/goblin team would have had a start as it deserved!

My 2 cents
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2014 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Verminardo wrote:
From 16 games on there is no modifier for number of games, if I understand correctly.

I haven't been able to play too much since the change was implemented but invariably, if I did activate one of my "new" teams (with 0-4 games), they got scheduled over my other teams.

Is the scheduler picking out the lower number of game, teams?

ag..two teams at 1500: one team with 125 games and one with 10

Will the 10 game team be picked first?
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2014 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Tarabaralla wrote:
After some time with this update I repute great I'd say it brings mostly good things.

- There's still minmaxing, even after 30 games, but it's less frequent and has generally left the 1000-1200 TV zone. Cutting too much exposes those teams to extreme failure in case of being matched with some big team.
- Agility teams with 30+ games may have hard times while rebuilding but they gain a lot from inducements.
- Clawmbpo is still insanely popular, but this can't be fixed by a scheduler, sadly.

Having a smaller TV range of opponents at the beginning is not a gain for them, and they still are forced to bloat their TV to get matches with rookie teams, sacrificing inducements. They're already far from being strong, but forcing them to choices not optimal really spoils the fun. What I see as a solution, and I dare to suggest it to the attention of Christer, is that no other team will benefit from a simple rule which may give stunties a more 'natural' starting roster.

Suggestion: Any team in the 0-1000 TV range may be scheduled vs any team in the 0-1000 TV range.

This would allow a starting halfling or goblin team to get his inducements, without relevantly helping any other race (teams with cheap linemen wouldn't get any benefit from fielding 11 linemen and a pair of rerolls instead of a full team), and giving a chance to rebuild to the occasional hard-beaten team fallen under 900 TV.
I guess getting a game won't be that easy, the scheduler will prefer closer matchup than those with a 300k difference, but it's a risk the coach knows while making his starting roster.
After growing a bit in TV probably things will be same as now, without much chanes of nice inducements, but at least that halfling/goblin team would have had a start as it deserved!

My 2 cents

I've been considering this too.

I think that the scheduler should treat all teams with a TV of 100 or below as if they had a TV of 100.
licker

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2014 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

One other minor point of annoyance, though it's not because of any changes so far as I know...

When you have low activation numbers, even if there are legal matchups they will not get drawn because of a minimum number of games which must be made in order for any games to get made.

Without discussing the concern that lead to this decision (so far as it was explained to me, perhaps I am mistaken about it), I would contend that this should be changed so that at low activation times any legal game(s) should be drawn irrespective of this limit (I believe it is 2).

Punishing those who are playing within the spirit of B to counter the actions of what must be an utter minority (as I would guess most people don't even know what I'm talking about) is counter productive to the stated goal of B. In any case the solution to the problem is review and enforcement in my opinion. For some things the site can police itself, as it does for various other issues.
Tarabaralla

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2014 - 09:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Frankenstein wrote:
Tarabaralla wrote:

My 2 cents

I've been considering this too.

I think that the scheduler should treat all teams with a TV of 100 or below as if they had a TV of 100.

This is maybe even simpler to implement, and doesn't give bad odds to low TV team. Plus, if statistics concerning win % (those affecting the scheduler) consider the 0-1000 TV range as a single one, it makes perfectly sense to follow your idea.
Hope to see flings playing properly even in B Exclamation
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2014 - 09:32 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
One other minor point of annoyance, though it's not because of any changes so far as I know...

When you have low activation numbers, even if there are legal matchups they will not get drawn because of a minimum number of games which must be made in order for any games to get made.

i've seen this happen quite often, 1-2-3 coaches activate and no matches are drawn. reschedule 15 mins later, same thing.
if it continues, it will kill box, as people will just stop bothering
bigGuy

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2014 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:
licker wrote:

i've seen this happen quite often, 1-2-3 coaches activate and no matches are drawn. reschedule 15 mins later, same thing.

It never draw for 1-2-3 coaches
Tarabaralla

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2014 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

bigGuy wrote:
Sp00keh wrote:
licker wrote:

It never draw for 1-2-3 coaches

This is made to avoid "arranged" draws. It won't change, probably, Christer (or an admin, I fail to remember now) already explained once it is part of the B nature to be random, and this needs at least 4 coaches drawn per round.: otherwise if I know I'm the only one activated together with someone else, we could arrange a matchup.

Simply, B works with 4+ coaches.
 Jump to: